Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xena vs Elektra

Astonishing Member Old School Ollie 1962's Avatar

Default Xena vs Elektra

Both armed with traditional weapons in the arena.

Mighty Member

Comic Elektra is a bullet timer who sometimes has weird psychic magic ninja powers. Netflix Elektra would be a better fight that I suspect Xena would win.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Comic Elektra is a bullet timer who sometimes has weird psychic magic ninja powers.
    Xena beats up gods.

And mere bullet timers are not dodging that Chakram.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Xena beats up gods.

And mere bullet timers are not dodging that Chakram.
    But you said The Xenaverse has some very weaksauce gods

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

They still are gods.

I also theorised that perhaps it's not the gods that are weak but the mortals that are overpowered.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

They still are gods.

I also theorised that perhaps it's not the gods that are weak but the mortals that are overpowered.
    Okay. I see.

Mighty Member

They still are gods.

That's not how we operate, given the vast disparity of gods across fiction. If you can provide context for how powerful these gods are, and whether there are any asterisks on how Xena beat them, feel free.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    That's not how we operate, given the vast disparity of gods across fiction. If you can provide context for how powerful these gods are, and whether there are any asterisks on how Xena beat them, feel free.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Xena vs Ares clips. You be the judge.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    Xena vs Ares clips. You be the judge.
    OK, well based on that and the other thread, Ares seems to be a physical peer of Xena who also has some other powers, namely teleportation in that clip. Didn't show anything conclusive about who beats who when they fight. He also clearly wants to bang her, which probably puts an asterisk on how he approaches fighting her.

As memory recalls, Xena is a like a class 5-10 brick who is skilled enough to use pressure points, and fast enough to catch or deflect volleys of arrows at a time. Which is pretty good! I recall people giving her wins over Movie Captain America and finding it plausible. Unfortunately, Elektra is fast enough to deflects volleys of automatic weapon fire. Unless Xena is immune to getting stabbed with a sai, I can't see why (comic) Elektra can't poke her full of holes. Defenders Elektra, on the other hand, might lose to Xena, but I reckon it would be a better fight.

Xena is stronger, more durable at the high end, and crazy skilled. But that doesn't help her land a shot on a bullet-timer with stabbing weapons. Unfortunately, she loses this one on speed.

Who in the Xenaverse will shoot at her with a gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Morning View Post
    Xena is stronger, more durable at the high end, and crazy skilled. But that doesn't help her land a shot on a bullet-timer with stabbing weapons. Unfortunately, she loses this one on speed.
    I don't know. Most bullet timers seem perfectly vulnerable to close combat, and they're not dodging that Chakram either. Not for long anyway.
    - Gerhard Bronner

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Red Robe Jaldari View Post
    Who in the Xenaverse will shoot at her with a gun?
    I mean there are other ways to demonstrate bullet timing speed beyond bullets. Cassandra Cain blitzes people faster than the eye can track, and takes out four dudes so quickly none of them even twitch before they are all down. Does Xena have anything like that?