Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xena vs Elektra

Longtime Reader

Elektra would win. It would be extra-awesome if it was a duel in close combat with melee weapons and H2H.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Xena beats up gods.

And mere bullet timers are not dodging that Chakram.
    Based on what? No bullet timer came into contact with it, and there is no reason to believe they wouldn't be able to dodge it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Physically grabbing an released Black Hole to stop it is like throwing a sandwich at Galactus to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I stand by my belief of Toriyama seeing a certain match online and going "Oh Yeah?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Every time you say the name of some kind of nonsense martial art, an angel gets its wings, and Val Armorr learns the martial art, retroactively founds it, then super karates the angel unconscious with it.

The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar

I don't know. Most bullet timers seem perfectly vulnerable to close combat, and they're not dodging that Chakram either. Not for long anyway.
    I mean that's an interesting train of though. Not the good kind of interesting, but like.. It's interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Based on what? No bullet timer came into contact with it, and there is no reason to believe they wouldn't be able to dodge it.
    Bullets don't zip around the place to try again if they miss you.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

Bullets don't zip around the place to try again if they miss you.
    But bullets are also like a dozen times faster, and solid bullet timers are typically used to dodging multiple bullets AT ONE TIME.

Matt Murdock is considered a "mid level" bullet timer here: better than some, but worse than Shang, Cass, Spidey and IF. Matt has feats for simultaneuously dodging multiple bullets at RIDICULOUSLY close range, and AT THE SAME TIME swinging his perhaps 3cm diameter club in an arc to deflect two of the incoming rounds back into two of the shooters perfectly. You really wanna say he can't dodge the Chakram? Hell, he also has feats for crossing a couple of hundred meters and scaling to the roof of a 4 or 5 story building in the time it takes a sniper to see him vanish in front of the scope and to pull the scope away from his head and reestablish his FOV. Elektra is about as fast as Matt, maybe a bit less, but it's close.

The Chakram flies around like a frisbee. Matt - or Elektra - could probably jump onto it and use it as mini-hoverboard transportation to get back to Xena casually.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Matt Murdock is considered a "mid level" bullet timer here: better than some, but worse than Shang, Cass, Spidey and IF. Matt has feats for simultaneuously dodging multiple bullets at RIDICULOUSLY close range, and AT THE SAME TIME swinging his perhaps 3cm diameter club in an arc to deflect two of the incoming rounds back into two of the shooters perfectly. You really wanna say he can't dodge the Chakram? Hell, he also has feats for crossing a couple of hundred meters and scaling to the roof of a 4 or 5 story building in the time it takes a sniper to see him vanish in front of the scope and to pull the scope away from his head and reestablish his FOV. Elektra is about as fast as Matt, maybe a bit less, but it's close.
    You might want to look at some youtube clips to see how insane this thing is.
    It's not a frisbee, not a boomerang. It is not subject to any kind of law of physics.

Daredevil of course does have a distinct advantage here that he has 360 awareness. And has a throwing weapon that is similarily crazy.

The Chakram flies around like a frisbee. Matt - or Elektra - could probably jump onto it and use it as mini-hoverboard transportation to get back to Xena casually.
    Mental funny image of Daredevil jumping on top of the Chakram, and briefly spinning around at a crazy rpm before being thrown into a horse feeding through or something like that.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

You might want to look at some youtube clips to see how insane this thing is.
    It's not a frisbee, not a boomerang. It is not subject to any kind of law of physics.
    You misunderstand: I'm talking about the speed of the thing. It's simply not FAST. Nowhere near fast enough to hit a solid BT.

Mental funny image of Daredevil jumping on top of the Chakram, and briefly spinning around at a crazy rpm before being thrown into a horse feeding through or something like that.
    Which would be hilarious, but no real need for him to do that. Hell, he could just knock it out of the air with his stick.

You misunderstand: I'm talking about the speed of the thing. It's simply not FAST. Nowhere near fast enough to hit a solid BT.
    Do we even know how fast it is? And I do not think its speed is that big a factor.

Which would be hilarious, but no real need for him to do that.
    Hey, I didn't bring it up.

Hell, he could just knock it out of the air with his stick.
    Yes, I already mentioned he has a similarily crazy weapon.
    - Gerhard Bronner

Do we even know how fast it is? And I do not think its speed is that big a factor.
    Given that we are talking about trying to hit a bullet-timer with it, I think that it's speed is REALLY important. CBPHers dodge, catch or block with swings of their hands multiple arrows at a time from high-end comic archers. Those arrows are slower than bullets - these guys cannot dodge bullets after they are fired. Bullet-timers dodge or catch or smack away precisely with sticks single or multiple bullets at a time, after they are fired. The Chakram, all for being an awesome weapon, isn't really close to as fast as an arrow, and there is only one of it. Even if it can turn back multiple times after missing each time, it's still missing each time. And it can't just instantly reverse direction. It's also not "intelligent", more just that Xena does Daredevil or Captain America level rebound tricks with it, AND can make it curve dramatically in mid air. But to me, she has to plan that when she throws it - it doesn't seem to be a "homing" weapon as much as a weapon that does pretty much whatever she wants it to. But she's never tagged a bullet timer with it...

Yes, I already mentioned he has a similarily crazy weapon.
    Yup. Just a thing Elektra (since this is about her and not Matt) could do by chucking a sai or something. But she doesn't need to, she can just dodge the thing, close, and turn Xena into a pincussion with her VASTLY superior speed and pointy things.

Given that we are talking about trying to hit a bullet-timer with it, I think that it's speed is REALLY important. CBPHers dodge, catch or block with swings of their hands multiple arrows at a time from high-end comic archers. Those arrows are slower than bullets - these guys cannot dodge bullets after they are fired. Bullet-timers dodge or catch or smack away precisely with sticks single or multiple bullets at a time, after they are fired. The Chakram, all for being an awesome weapon, isn't really close to as fast as an arrow, and there is only one of it. Even if it can turn back multiple times after missing each time, it's still missing each time. And it can't just instantly reverse direction. It's also not "intelligent", more just that Xena does Daredevil or Captain America level rebound tricks with it, AND can make it curve dramatically in mid air. But to me, she has to plan that when she throws it - it doesn't seem to be a "homing" weapon as much as a weapon that does pretty much whatever she wants it to. But she's never tagged a bullet timer with it...

Yup. Just a thing Elektra (since this is about her and not Matt) could do by chucking a sai or something. But she doesn't need to, she can just dodge the thing, close, and turn Xena into a pincussion with her VASTLY superior speed and pointy things.
    With his massive speed edge, she could likely just catch the thing with no problem. If Callisto can do it, so can Elektra.
    Physically grabbing an released Black Hole to stop it is like throwing a sandwich at Galactus to stop him.
    I stand by my belief of Toriyama seeing a certain match online and going "Oh Yeah?!"
    Every time you say the name of some kind of nonsense martial art, an angel gets its wings, and Val Armorr learns the martial art, retroactively founds it, then super karates the angel unconscious with it.

To be fair, with Xena's strength, the Chakram moves pretty fast. At least around arrow fast, given what i recall of the level of people who can and can't meaningfully react to it--that is, people with great arrow-timing feats can catch or parry it, whereas someone with very low arrow-timing struggles or fails with a chakrum (early Gabriel comes to mind). And sometimes it rebounds very many times across very large distances indeed. So yeah, i would estimate it at around an especially fast arrow.

But it's still not fast enough. And it's not like the arena is decorated with plenty of random objects for it to rebound on.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Can...can we not use the terms 'arrow-timer' or 'arrow-timing'?

Please? I will beg, if necessary.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

"...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

"[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post

May I ask why please? It fits perfectly for those who can't dodge bullets but are faster than any normal human could possibly be, so why not? Xena is comparable to your typical CW street leveller it seems, and those guys have kinda become the poster children for reacting to arrows, so at this point I don't really understand why we shouldn't use the term myself \_(:/)_/

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post

Fine. People who, with maximum effort and a little bit of self-surprise, manage to intercept an incoming arrow with a staff are incapable of dealing with a chakrum throw (at least at the same stage of their training), whereas several people capable of casuslly snagging multiple arrows in the heat of pitched battles also have feats of parrying or catching Xena's chakrum. That should tell us about how fast it is.
    Last edited by Morning; 09-13-2017 at 10:13 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morning View Post
    Fine. People who, with maximum effort and a little bit of self-surprise, manage to intercept an incoming arrow with a staff are incapable of dealing with a chakrum throw (at least at the same stage of their training), whereas several people capable of casually snagging multiple arrows in the heat of pitched battles also have feats of parrying or catching Xena's chakrum. That should tell us about how fast it is.
    So much better, both in giving information and not making my skin crawl.

Thank you. ^_^
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

"...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

"[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran