Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 134
  1. #1
    Mighty Member theoneandonly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,911

    Default Crystal vs Storm

    The battle of the elementals
    Crystal the inhuman elemental
    vs
    Storm the weather goddess
    The Self is the only existing reality

  2. #2
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,231

    Default

    Quickdraw, pretty much. They're both able to take the other out with one shot.

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,020

    Default

    Two people with basically human durability and AoE death powers to people of human durability fighting each other is a quickdraw contest, yeah.

  4. #4
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    2,064

    Default

    Feat wise...Storm takes it

    I think at most Crystal has citywide range when it comes to controlling the elements, while Storm has planetary feats and can even strike you with lightning while sitting on the other side of the planet.

    And this was a final straw to me in the debate...





    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,020

    Default




    Feat wise...Storm takes it

    I think at most Crystal has citywide range when it comes to controlling the elements, while Storm has planetary feats and can even strike you with lightning while sitting on the other side of the planet.

    And this was a final straw to me in the debate...
    Storm is a person with human durability. Crystal is a person with human durability. They can each kill each other in one move given their human durability. They have area of effect moves as far as not being able to dodge them. Nothing you are saying actually changes this in any way, remotely.

    This fight comes down to who manages to use their powers first.

  6. #6
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    2,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Storm is a person with human durability. Crystal is a person with human durability. They can each kill each other in one move given their human durability. They have area of effect moves as far as not being able to dodge them. Nothing you are saying actually changes this in any way, remotely.

    This fight comes down to who manages to use their powers first.
    Except one has proven immune or highly resistance to some of the elemental attacks and shown a much higher skill level then the other.
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Except one has proven immune or highly resistance to some of the elemental attacks and shown a much higher skill level then the other.
    So Crystal opts for the ones she's not instead. She's pretty spoiled for choice in ways to kill people with human durability with area of effect attacks, same as Storm.

    Let me break this down for you.

    Storm and Crystal, do they basically have human durability? Yes.

    Storm and Crystal, do they have a variety of moves that would hit an area and kill someone in it with human durability, given how hard they can otherwise hit? Yes.

    Storm and Crystal, do they have moves that would kill each other just fine, given that they are both human durability people? Yes.

    Do either of them need to hit an area larger than "the immediate area they are fighting in"? No.

    Are Storm or Crystal as part of their character concept, specifically incompetent as far as something like "do not make attack choice other person would be resistant to"? No.

    Given that, what exactly would anything you are saying have anything to do with none of that suddenly being the case? In what specific way is this not a quickdraw contest?

  8. #8
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    2,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    So Crystal opts for the ones she's not instead. She's pretty spoiled for choice in ways to kill people with human durability with area of effect attacks, same as Storm.
    Except Storm has a much wider ability, can bring more power to the table and has some immunity to her elements

    Let me break this down for you.
    Please do....

    Storm and Crystal, do they have moves that would kill each other just fine, given that they are both human durability people? Yes.
    What's the fastest attack both of them have?

    Do either of them need to hit an area larger than "the immediate area they are fighting in"? No.
    See above question.

    Are Storm or Crystal as part of their character concept, specifically incompetent as far as something like "do not make attack choice other person would be resistant to"? No.
    They have fought twice and both tmes something was hampering Storm's abilities.

    Given that, what exactly would anything you are saying have anything to do with none of that suddenly being the case? In what specific way is this not a quickdraw contest?
    Again, what is their fastest element?

    This is about to get interesting
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 09-12-2017 at 12:26 PM.
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

  9. #9
    Mighty Member Shellhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,257

    Default

    The respective scale of their powers is irrelevant, because the default Khazan Arena is small enough that either character can do damage to everything inside the arena.

    The variety of potential attacks is irrelevant, because both characters are fairly fragile by comic book standards and will be killed by single successful attack.

    Storm's partial immunity to certain elements is irrelevant. Crystal can light her up like a torch with her elemental mastery of fire. Likewise, Storm can zorch Crystal with lightning.

    Neither character has speed feats, or for that matter, powers which have been notably slow to use. They both activate their powers mentally, so they are both operating at the speed of thought, and neither character has been shown to be particularly mentally quick or slow by comic book standards. That's why this rumble comes down to a quick draw.

    I understand that some people just like certain characters more than other characters, but that is also irrelevant in Rumbles because we are comparing feats and not popularity.

    Quick draw. Coin toss outcome. If they fought ten times, it would probably result in five wins for Storm and five for Crystal.

  10. #10
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,867

    Default

    Crystal is no where near as powerful as storm. Additionally storm has latent magic abilities, powers work in less than a conscious thought and just recently wielded divine power. Crystal is outclassed here.

  11. #11
    ☁ϟ malachi_munroex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    House Of Almerac
    Posts
    7,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    The respective scale of their powers is irrelevant, because the default Khazan Arena is small enough that either character can do damage to everything inside the arena.

    The variety of potential attacks is irrelevant, because both characters are fairly fragile by comic book standards and will be killed by single successful attack.

    Storm's partial immunity to certain elements is irrelevant. Crystal can light her up like a torch with her elemental mastery of fire. Likewise, Storm can zorch Crystal with lightning.

    Neither character has speed feats, or for that matter, powers which have been notably slow to use. They both activate their powers mentally, so they are both operating at the speed of thought, and neither character has been shown to be particularly mentally quick or slow by comic book standards. That's why this rumble comes down to a quick draw.

    I understand that some people just like certain characters more than other characters, but that is also irrelevant in Rumbles because we are comparing feats and not popularity.

    Quick draw. Coin toss outcome. If they fought ten times, it would probably result in five wins for Storm and five for Crystal.
    Storm? That moved so fast only one person saw her leave? Storm that recently speedblitzed the anansi in black panther?
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥

    Maxima Appreciation Thread ♡


    -Vixen 25/08/2015



    CHECKMATE


    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

    ♡♡♡

  12. #12
    ☁ϟ malachi_munroex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    House Of Almerac
    Posts
    7,126

    Default

    Also, didnt Malice try to burn Storm? IIRC legion tried it too and thought she was dead and she retaliated with lightning
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥

    Maxima Appreciation Thread ♡


    -Vixen 25/08/2015



    CHECKMATE


    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

    ♡♡♡

  13. #13
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    The respective scale of their powers is irrelevant, because the default Khazan Arena is small enough that either character can do damage to everything inside the arena.

    The variety of potential attacks is irrelevant, because both characters are fairly fragile by comic book standards and will be killed by single successful attack.

    Storm's partial immunity to certain elements is irrelevant. Crystal can light her up like a torch with her elemental mastery of fire. Likewise, Storm can zorch Crystal with lightning.

    Neither character has speed feats, or for that matter, powers which have been notably slow to use. They both activate their powers mentally, so they are both operating at the speed of thought, and neither character has been shown to be particularly mentally quick or slow by comic book standards. That's why this rumble comes down to a quick draw.

    I understand that some people just like certain characters more than other characters, but that is also irrelevant in Rumbles because we are comparing feats and not popularity.

    Quick draw. Coin toss outcome. If they fought ten times, it would probably result in five wins for Storm and five for Crystal.
    You are wrong about speed feats:

    Storm moving fast enough to break sound barrier:



    Storm speed blitz opponents:



    reaction speed fast enough to deflect bullets at point blank range:

    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-12-2017 at 12:23 PM.

  14. #14
    ☁ϟ malachi_munroex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    House Of Almerac
    Posts
    7,126
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥

    Maxima Appreciation Thread ♡


    -Vixen 25/08/2015



    CHECKMATE


    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

    ♡♡♡

  15. #15
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    2,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    The respective scale of their powers is irrelevant, because the default Khazan Arena is small enough that either character can do damage to everything inside the arena.

    The variety of potential attacks is irrelevant, because both characters are fairly fragile by comic book standards and will be killed by single successful attack.

    Storm's partial immunity to certain elements is irrelevant. Crystal can light her up like a torch with her elemental mastery of fire. Likewise, Storm can zorch Crystal with lightning.

    Neither character has speed feats, or for that matter, powers which have been notably slow to use. They both activate their powers mentally, so they are both operating at the speed of thought, and neither character has been shown to be particularly mentally quick or slow by comic book standards. That's why this rumble comes down to a quick draw.

    I understand that some people just like certain characters more than other characters, but that is also irrelevant in Rumbles because we are comparing feats and not popularity.

    Quick draw. Coin toss outcome. If they fought ten times, it would probably result in five wins for Storm and five for Crystal.
    The reason I posted those scans earlier was to show that Storm would simply overpower Crystal.
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •