View Poll Results: Would you be satisfied if Peter/MJ became a couple again, not married?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would be satisfied if Peter/MJ became a couple again without marriage

30 65.22%
  • I would not be satisfied if Peter/MJ became a couple again without the marriage

12 26.09%
  • I don't want Peter/MJ to become a couple again

4 8.70%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member theoneandonly's Avatar

the only way for mj and peter to be together after listening to Dan slott and his opinions regarding top tiers views on the marriage is that aunt mays and mjs demise leads to Peter making a deal with Blackheart to resurrect aunt may inside mjs body. imagine mj asking peter if he is feeling cold and telling him what a fragile boy he is while baking his favourite cakes.
    The Self is the only existing reality

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    the only way for mj and peter to be together after listening to Dan slott and his opinions regarding top tiers views on the marriage is that aunt mays and mjs demise leads to Peter making a deal with Blackheart to resurrect aunt may inside mjs body. imagine mj asking peter if he is feeling cold and telling him what a fragile boy he is while baking his favourite cakes.
    Are you perhaps looking for this thread?

http://community.comicbookresources....for-Spider-Man

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

When people demand OMD be resolved, that does not necessarily mean every one of them want the marriage to come back with it, they just want Peter to redeem himself. The fact Marvel have sat on this very concept for ten years with only a small percentage of material devoted to teasing a resolution (Spidey/Deadpool) is remarkably ridiculous.
    Interesting point, what superhero takes an L so badly like Spider-man/Peter in OMD and never gets redemption? I mean sure, don't remember it but the audience does and its a great story device to go back to it..

Mighty Member

As others have said I would be fine with them being a couple and not married. Although I would not be against that either.

But if I want to read married Parkers I can aleays go to RYW or the newspaper strip for that. Not to mention the ton of back issues on top of that.

I wouldn't mind, I'd rather see MJ back in the Spider books as a romantic interest then whatever she's doing in Iron Man. (Isn't she just a Riri cheerleader at this point?)

But I'm also mildly interested in this idea of Peter dating Bobbi. I just wish the execution wasn't so bland. (I seem to remember Slott at the beginning of "Brand New Day" saying he had no interest in writing stories where Pete dates another superhero) so I don't know if the lack of chemistry is intentional (just to stick it to those who asked for it. "See? I told you it would be lame!" ) or not.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

No!
    Marvel needs to go all the way and bring back the marriage. Also Marvel needs to admit that they made a mistake in undoing the marriage.
    Undo One More Day, bring back the marriage, and make Spider-Man great again
    Renew Your Vows is the only good Spider-Man book on the market nowadays
    Married Spider-Man is better than Teenage Spider-Man
    https://vampfox667.tumblr.com/

On my part i am no reader of Spider-Man. The only book i read is Renew Your Vows. I am really loving the book. So i already have Mary Jane and Peter Parker there with the added delight of Annie.

I say make them a couple. Marriage can be done sometime later. How long do editorial fiats last anyway? (It did not last very long in Superman and they are together after 5 years). Yet i will not bet upon it. Marvel guys just don't want Spider-Man to have any kind of peace. It is bad for business.

I will be satisfied when they have Annie too. So unless they do something like merge Peter Parker and Mary Jane from both universes i won't be interested in the main titles.

Yet having them as a couple is good. I have love for Mary Jane because i became a fan in early 2000's. The future fans of Spider-Man would not care for Mary Jane if she is not in the books at all. So a couple is a better option than to reduce her into obscurity. If they are a couple there is hope.

I think it could work just fine having them be a couple again without marriage. I thought the booked worked just fine back in the late 1970's when they were a couple but not married and, in 2017, when marriage comes later (if at all) for many people, I don't think it is so odd for them to be a committed couple without the rings. Frankly, the biggest obstacle is the amount of people who remember the marriage years and want a full return to that which I don't think is happening.
    I miss Kevin Nichols. Not as much as bacon, but still...

Astonishing Member

I don't think they'll go a merge route with the RYV Parkers because DC already did it with Superman (and as enjoyable as those books are, they're still trying to work out the continuity of how that all fits), but I do see them possibly teaming up or even switching out 616 Peter and MJ with the Parker family in the main book for maybe a summer event.

Ideally, with the marriage being 30 years old this year, this really should have happened by now, but the timing would have been lousy with RYV being still fairly on in it's infancy and with a major time skip status quo change underway. For a crossover/switch out to have worked, you would have had to have launched an RYV ongoing right after Secret Wars like everyone wanted and built it up for over two and a half years.

I don't think they'll go a merge route with the RYV Parkers because DC already did it with Superman (and as enjoyable as those books are, they're still trying to work out the continuity of how that all fits), but I do see them possibly teaming up or even switching out 616 Peter and MJ with the Parker family in the main book for maybe a summer event.

Ideally, with the marriage being 30 years old this year, this really should have happened by now, but the timing would have been lousy with RYV being still fairly on in it's infancy and with a major time skip status quo change underway. For a crossover/switch out to have worked, you would have had to have launched an RYV ongoing right after Secret Wars like everyone wanted and built it up for over two and a half years.
    Merging is what i would like. In this way i can have the status quo of a marriage so as to accomodate Annie.
    This summer event idea is more feasible. They shall do it. I will get that summer book. The fact is both the books are competitive. If they are a couple some would say RYV is not important. It may be cancelled a short time later.

In the overall equation Annie is unimportant. She is no fan favorite. Not yet anyway. I have been spoiled by the freshness brought by these kids. I am loving Damian and Jon over at DC. Here Annie gives the feeling of something akin to Incredibles.

But i stand by my choice. RYV is moving ahead due to love of the fans. But in the overall scheme of things Mary Jane is not important for a Spider-Man fan. So Peter and MJ shall be a couple so that she would have some fans from the newer generation and retain some importance. Otherwise her only importance is in the Spider-Man Wikipedia page.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

I would be fine with that, even if they had a run going out together would be fine. Better than cock-blocking Peter Parker with everything including bad luck just because they need to keep adding on new defining tragedies, however awful or stupid they might be.

I'm in a unique position because I'm a fan of the newspaper strip and Renew Your Vows. I still get my marriage fix because of those, so I haven't exactly missed it.

I'd be ok if they got together without a marriage provided that a win over Mephisto and the two coming to terms with what they lost in OMD is part of the package deal. There's nothing to stop Marvel giving fans adequate closure while still having their cake and eating it.

When people demand OMD be resolved, that does not necessarily mean every one of them want the marriage to come back with it, they just want Peter to redeem himself. The fact Marvel have sat on this very concept for ten years with only a small percentage of material devoted to teasing a resolution (Spidey/Deadpool) is remarkably ridiculous.
    I kind of agree with this. I'd prefer MJ in the picture even if not married. It stinks they've buried such a great iconic character since OMD really. However, it's the world created by this devildeal and the lack of closure to this ongoing defeat that has ruined the comics moreso imo. Let Pete and MJ and the fans finally have closure to this horrible storyline at least. Leaving it opened ended makes me look at Pete in an unsympathetic way where I used to, for years, relate. OMD made me, for the first time ever, look at the character with disdain. I can't fathom giving up my wife in real life to heal my elderly aunt in real life. Especially in a deal with ultimate evil. Just a horrible lingering taste connected to this comic now.

Quote Originally Posted by farmernudie View Post
    OMD made me, for the first time ever, look at the character with disdain. I can't fathom giving up my wife in real life to heal my elderly aunt in real life. Especially in a deal with ultimate evil. Just a horrible lingering taste connected to this comic now.
    while i don't personally feel the same way about mephs that a lot of posters do, the fact remains that IS a problem for a lot of readers. it's a weird choice, when the marvel universe is so full of reality altering possibilities (celestial beings, cosmic cubes, time travel...even the scarlet witch) that it makes me wonder why they specifically went for a devil proxy. have there been any comments from jms or joe q re that choice?

i wonder if OMD would have been better received if they had taken an approach closer to busiek's "the nearness of you" in astro city, which was a more more traditional superhero take about events beyond the character's control

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/kurt-...u/4000-111552/

as for the relationship/marriage...not fussed either way.
    Last edited by boots; 09-14-2017 at 04:43 PM.
    troo fan or death

Mighty Member

It wouldn't make me pick up the book. But it would make me laugh at editorial if they tried to avoid mentioning the possibility of marriage; let's face it, having them date and still insisting it won't be permanent would just make the marriage fans even more vigorous in their arguments.
    Co-Host of FranchiseWars podcast on ITunes with the Condor.
    Latest episode: Star Wars: Last Jedi--Who is Rey? https://pcr.apple.com/id1286433288

I would be more than likely bored reading the stories if Peter and MJ became a couple again soon.
    After having read for years stories of Peter and Mary Jane i would like much more if the stories were actually originals and had Peter and Mockinbird as a couple.