View Poll Results: Would you be satisfied if Peter/MJ became a couple again, not married?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would be satisfied if Peter/MJ became a couple again without marriage

30 65.22%
  • I would not be satisfied if Peter/MJ became a couple again without the marriage

12 26.09%
  • I don't want Peter/MJ to become a couple again

4 8.70%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    This. The dissulotion of the marriage was only part of the problem.
    LoL, I just noticed I meant to say "reversed" not "reserved" in the post you quoted, darn auto correct.
    "You'll never learn to fly now 'til you're standing at the cliff."

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    No, because there's always the chance that it could end again in the future.

I find that there's more anxiety in trying to maintain something than in acquiring it in the first place.
    By the same token, there's always the chance Peter will find love for whatever reason (character takes off, new editorial mindset, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by farmernudie View Post
    No, that's like saying all suspense is removed by allowing Peter Parker to have ANYTHING. Like having a job. Well now people won't be worried if he can FIND a job if he has one.
    Or, oh Peter is dating now, now all suspense is removed on who he will date or if anyone will date him at all, so we can't let him date. I'm married and have been for 17 years and i can promise you i still have stories and suspense daily lol Having a job, a relationship etc should ENHANCE the story possibilities if anything.

The only time suspense is TRULY removed from a written character is when one announces before the stories happen, that there is a mandate publicly in place, that Peter Parker cannot ever ________ fill in the blank. The writers have then handcuffed the character from whatever it is he is not allowed to do.
    He can lose a job, so that remains a source of suspense.

If Peter and MJ reconciled in a major event that reversed One More Day would we really need to be explicitly told what the editorial mandate is?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    By the same token, there's always the chance Peter will find love for whatever reason (character takes off, new editorial mindset, etc.)
    It's been ten years and nobody's worked, plus MJ is still his wife in two ongoing comic continuities so there would be constant comparisons to her