Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 181
  1. #91
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    The book was confirmed earlier in Trinity issues. More of such pre-COIE is in play. Batman had an issue where Catwoman and Batman were discussing how they met for the first time. Batman said at the street like in Batman Year One. Catwoman said on a ship as Batman #1. Batman #1 as in the actual number 1! One good thing about Rebirth is they are giving freedom to cherry pick from different continuities while being the post COIE itself.
    It sort of was. As with the Batman stories (and the current issue of Green Arrow, calling back to the "Hard Traveling Heroes" of the '70s as another example), the Trinity issues were more a use of the concept from the book applied to the Rebirth world. It's been more of a "some form of this" happened kind of thing.

    But this is different. The Red Hood issue out today has an editor's note box explicitly stating "See Superman Annual 11" in a panel where Jason recalls he had been to the Fortress of Solitude before as a boy. That kind of specific reference has been largely avoided throughout Rebirth in any book dealing with past continuity. Maybe it was an oversight or mistake, I don't know - but it was a direct "this happened" note for a Pre-Crisis book.

    I don't want to drift too far off-topic in a thread about Action Comics, though, so I'll just say that I found it interesting in light of what had been rumored about Jor-El.

  2. #92

    Default

    /edit 10char
    Last edited by Doctor Bifrost; 09-13-2017 at 08:49 PM.
    Doctor Bifrost

    "If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

  3. #93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AntoKent17 View Post
    Superman is no longer the last son of Krypton because his father is here.
    I agree with most of the rest of what you say, but Superman hasn't been the last son of Krypton for a long time, because of the Phantom Zone prisoners.

    And Zor-El, too. Having Jor-El survive Krypton - unbeknownst to his child all these years - and now back, with half his face ruined, as a villain who doesn't think Earth is "worthy," sounds very Cyborg Superman to me.
    Doctor Bifrost

    "If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

  4. #94
    Hi-Fi Fight Club Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Vinyl Mayhem
    Posts
    2,925

    Default

    Johns brought back 'For the Man Who Has Everything' with Infinite Crisis.

    I'm not sure the reference to it Red Hood means anything more than some of the stuff Johns did with Superman following Infinite Crisis has been brought back with Reborn.
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 09-14-2017 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Mixed up stories
    Creativity without constraint comes with responsibility. We do not make art in a vacuum isolated from sociopolitical context - RG

  5. #95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    never thought when they asked who watches the watchers the answer would be Mr Oz aka jor el. I hope there is a concrete reason for his taking that name which is revealed the next issue.
    Because he didn't want anyone to pay attention to the man behind the curtain?
    Doctor Bifrost

    "If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

  6. #96
    Astonishing Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    4,065

    Default

    I can't stand Oz's monologues/dialogues. I'll see where the Jor-El plot go before really judging but it feels character assassination right now.

    Btw, I liked seeing Superman dealing with real world stuff.

  7. #97

    Default

    Bleeding Cool's claims that it's Pre-Crisis Jor-El don't seem to add up, but I have to wonder if that will come into play. Why? Because Mr. Oz, despite wearing the clothes of "Superman Reborn" Jor-El, first appeared during the New 52 Superman era. What's more, he seems immune to continuity changes, even commenting after the fact how the two halves of Superman and Lois reformed the timeline.

    It'd be cool if an out-of-time Jor-El had memories of all of his lifetimes, at least from the Silver Age on.

  8. #98

    Default

    Well this issue was trending on twitter.

  9. #99
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I can't stand Oz's monologues/dialogues. I'll see where the Jor-El plot go before really judging but it feels character assassination right now.
    Yes it is. Yes, it is

  10. #100
    Astonishing Member Bogotazo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    I'd say yes.

    Oz's appearances in Action Comics have been brief, and just him being all mysterious and cryptic. You won't be missing anything if you start with this issue.
    Thanks a lot. I'm gonna hop on it.

  11. #101
    Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    590

    Default

    The more I think about it, the more I like the situation they are putting Superman into, because I find a hero who fell and then was able to stand up still and chooses to do the right thing in the end is the hero I want to believe in and this might become one of the hardest trials for Superman to date, now especially since he is a father himself, which definitely should bring a whole new dynamic to his relationship with Jor-El.

  12. #102
    Ultimate Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    Ths just seemed off. For months Oz has been kidnapping characters and laying the ground work for some huge scheme. Also he stated he was preparing Superman for something big. Now he's just this generic alien villain who thinks humans are naturally bad and need to be destroyed. I'm really hoping there's more to it than this.
    As others have said he definitely looks like he may be pre-Crisis Jor El.

    I was curious about how people would react to the scene with Superman saving the immigrants. Sure enough there are a lot of people losing their shit over it.
    Last edited by Robotman; 09-14-2017 at 02:21 AM.

  13. #103
    Fantastic Member Lvenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Well this issue was trending on twitter.
    Really? Let me guess, it was the bit about Superman saving the immigrants that was trending?

  14. #104
    Fantastic Member Lvenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Ths just seemed off. For months Oz has been kidnapping characters and laying the ground work for some huge scheme. Also he stated he was preparing Superman for something big. Now he's just this generic alien villain who thinks humans are naturally bad and need to be destroyed. I'm really hoping there's more to it than this.
    As others have said he definitely looks like he may be pre-Crisis Jor El.

    I was curious about how people would react to the scene with Superman saving the immigrants. Sure enough there are a lot of people losing their shit over it.
    I mean this issue was written months in advance so it's not as if it's a rebuke to what Trump is currently doing regarding the DACA. Plus Jurgens tends to be one of the least political writers in comics at the moment, I daresay I've seen him tweet opinions that are closer to the centre right than the Democrats.

  15. #105
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Maybe I'm in shock and denial but what if this is an elaborate trick by Adrian Veidt to harm supes psychologically like he did with Dr Manhattan? I hear Superman soon leaves earth (just like Dr M. did) after a major crisis of faith. Leaving Veidt to complete his plan...

    Or would that be too much of a good story? Your thoughts?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •