Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Action Comics #990 Cover A and Lenticular Cover B by Nick Bradshaw

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1996 View Post
    Action Comics #990 Cover A and Lenticular Cover B by Nick Bradshaw

"Join me and together we can wipe out human race like grandfather and grandson!"

Astonishing Member

Bad Grandad: Superman Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Really? Let me guess, it was the bit about Superman saving the immigrants that was trending?
    Yep. But many people applauded it while others of course felt some way. It was more good than bad though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Johns brought back 'Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?' with Infinite Crisis.
    Hm, did he? That's cool. But kinda weird since it was never in continuity in the first place.

Hi-Fi Fight Club Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Hm, did he? That's cool. But kinda weird since it was never in continuity in the first place.
    I meant 'For the Man Who Has Everything'. Got my Alan Moore stories confused.

While Johns was the one that changed canon with Infinite Crisis, I think it was actually Tomasi that first referenced the story in an issue of GLC.
    Creativity without constraint comes with responsibility. We do not make art in a vacuum isolated from sociopolitical context - RG

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post

Never thought one day it would come to like this. The first one was due to Luthor. The second due to Jor-El.

Wasn't it Tim Burton's idea for his Superman movie, to have Jor-El be a bad guy and the one responsible for destroying Krypton?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Wasn't it Tim Burton's idea for his Superman movie, to have Jor-El be a bad guy and the one responsible for destroying Krypton?
    nope...at no point was jor-el ever considered to ever be a contender for any superman movie...HOWEVER it was a temporarily popular fan theory on superherohype that jor-el would be somekind of villian for the sequel to superman returns. but it was more of a joke to make fun of singer than any real idea fans supported

Fantastic Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Interesting start, but it's all about the follow through.

I am finding all the Chicken Little's out there very funny though. It's a comic book guys. Don't worry, Jor-El will be just fine, people.

Take it from someone who ranted and railed against Hal Jordan being turned into a mass murderer, Wonder Woman running around in a star-spangled thong, Clark Kent being retconned into a football jock, and sporting a f***ing mullet...all things will pass in time.

Jor-El will be back to being benevolent space dad soon enough and Alan Moore's toys will be put away as soon as Geoff Johns is through playing with them (toys neither of them owns).
    The handling of Clark in his Smallville days is the thing I can't stand about Byrne's Superman. He basically sets him up to be first half of the book end to the version of Superman that Miller created in TDKR.

Spectacular Member

jor-el will never be truly the same

Oh, come on guys, where is the HOPE? After all, I'm sure we all know that...

Spectacular Member

jor-el will be a good guy again no one is doubting that....but he will never be plain jor-el ever again....and thats okay. i would not mind a living anti-hero jor-el

Well this is cool no lie i hope they don't the Injustice Batman route when he told damian that dick grayson was his real son. I hope Clarke doesn't go Jonathan kent was my daddy your just my father. I hope he at least tries to help his real dad.