Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Too many questions to be answered, we only have to wait.
    What I'm annoyed is that I'm sure at some point they changed direction about who Mr Oz is. There is little coherence in his behavior then and now. Without mention how many times he was pictured with left eye intact.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Well, looking at previous issues I'm pretty sure now that current Mr Oz is an act. All this time he was preparing Superman for something, telling that certain things were set in motion and nobody can interfiere with the plans. Also, at the end of Reborn it is clear that Mr Oz fully aware of Dr Manhattan and it seems that all that he is trying to accomplish here is to push Superman to his very limits not only physically, but morality wise so he could go against such being as Dr Manhattan when the time comes.

Action Comics (2016-) 976-020.jpg

I don't remember seeing his left eye, it's clear from reading Action Comics that Jurgens has been consistent in relaying the message about the missing eye to his artists. But an art gaffe somewhere is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    You thinking of that time displaced Pa Kent story?

Speaking of far out Silver Age Superman stories, CBR brought up a story where Superman lived an entire life on another planet, was then deaged and sent to Earth.
    I remember so many face swap frauds from then, sometimes involving mustaches lol

never thought when they asked who watches the watchers the answer would be Mr Oz aka jor el. I hope there is a concrete reason for his taking that name which is revealed the next issue.
    The Self is the only existing reality

Spectacular Member

Was pretty good, great art and I'm sure there's even more surprises in store for superman. Hopefully this arc will explain how Jor-El came into contact with Manhattan, I don't think he was brainwashed though, just became disillusioned with humans over time.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Dr Manhattan kidnapping. Dr. Manhattan torturing. Dr. Manhattan killing. There was a thread which asked if he meets atomic powered heroes like him will he kill them or de-power them. I don't get it. I request everyone to read Watchmen again. Dr. Manhattan was a really good guy. He was simply loosing interest in humanity due to his God-like powers. He was no psycho or criminal. Unless they are totally revamping him such that Watchmen series does not count there is no sense in him doing such stuff like kidnapping someone and torture him for years.

Watchmen had no villains. Even the villain was just a hero saving the world in a twisted manner. Jeez if Dr. Manhattan is a villain like this, Alan Moore has every right to be angry at DC. It ruins the character.
    You're totally right: this is also an insult to the Watchmen characters. They were never meant to be in the same universe and to interact with the main characters of the DCU.
    Watchmen is great because it stands by itself. Dr Manhattan character is great because he's not a villain, he represents how and why our belief in an IMMANENT God is such a false creed.
    Anyway, I'll wait till Doomsday Clock comes out to judge it.

Right now they're spitting in Jor-El's face... and in all Superman's mythos based on the fact that he was sent to earth thank to a SACRIFICE.
    Jor-El can't be alive. But he was (for years, tortured and brainwashed by Dr. M) and he is now on earth. And that sucks.

This rebirth and reborn reboot gave us a more recognizable Superman and it gave us the real Lois back... but as for the rest... well... they're wasting a huge opportunity. They're making a lot of mess and mistakes.

P.S. Jor-El basically was kidnapped-saved from the destruction of Krypton by Manhattan who's using him to infuse desperation into Superman. Manhattan also wants Bruce out of the game (he thinks only Bruce can bring Clark back to believe in humanity and so he made Thomas Wayne tell him not to be Batman anymore) and he's also responsible for the LIE in the confusing WW story-arc (The Truth, The Lie, the half-truth, the half-lie and on and on...)
    Last edited by AntoKent17; 09-13-2017 at 08:24 AM.

Spectacular Member

Basically the point is: Mr Oz knows how powerful Manhattan is and he is afraid of him because of the brainwash and torture and he knows a showdown between Clark and Manhattan is inevitable... and he wants to prevent that trying to convince Clark that humanity is not worth saving. Come with me Clark... we'll find and build a better world with your wife and son far from these wormonger humans. If you won't come with me you'll have to face Manhattan who will destroy you and everything you have because he will give your wife cancer and will turn your own son against you. That's what's gonna happen in Doomsday Clock.

Hope vs Pessimism.

12 long issues of this. My god the thing is going to stagnate after 3 issues.

Dan Jurgens saying no changes were made about the identity of Oz is LYING. Plain and simple.
    I love him as an artist: I think his Superman is the best. Nobody draws Superman like he does.
    But as a writer... meh... I pass.
    Last edited by AntoKent17; 09-13-2017 at 08:34 AM.

........ Poor Superman, his father helping in these evil things..

And then, he judges the evil people, making evil things..

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

Exactly.
    Ridiculous.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AntoKent17 View Post
    Basically the point is: Mr Oz knows how powerful Manhattan is and he is afraid of him because of the brainwash and torture and he knows a showdown between Clark and Manhattan is inevitable... and he wants to prevent that trying to convince Clark that humanity is not worth saving. Come with me Clark... we'll find and build a better world with your wife and son far from these wormonger humans. If you won't come with me you'll have to face Manhattan who will destroy you and everything you have because he will give your wife cancer and will turn your own son against you. That's what's gonna happen in Doomsday Clock.

Hope vs Pessimism.

12 long issues of this. My god the thing is going to stagnate after 3 issues.

Dan Jurgens saying no changes were made about the identity of Oz is LYING. Plain and simple.
    I love him as an artist: I think his Superman is the best. Nobody draws Superman like he does.
    But as a writer... meh... I pass.
    Just yesterday you were posting that the panels in Superman 30 were simply Clark's fears, not foreshadowing. And now you're going off claiming that's what Doomsday Clock is going to be because you don't like the Oz reveal?

I'm still at a loss as to why anyone thinks Ozymandias would have been a good guy anyway, but come on, man.

There is no point in maintaining spoilers. So let me say this. Unless we learn the motivations of Jor-El we can't call him outright villainous.
    On a lighter note imagine this in Superman 2 way back in 1980. The world's mind would have blown when both movies had the same twist.

0NIWDMtN.jpg
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 09-13-2017 at 08:46 AM.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

He just gave people an option under certain circumstances. Humans made those decisions themselves. People choose evil.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    Just yesterday you were posting that the panels in Superman 30 were simply Clark's fears, not foreshadowing. And now you're going off claiming that's what Doomsday Clock is going to be because you don't like the Oz reveal?

I'm still at a loss as to why anyone thinks Ozymandias would have been a good guy anyway, but come on, man.
    They are Clark's fears and at the same time (as absurd as it is) that's the plan they have in mind for Doomsday Clock since OZ's identity changed.
    I was referring yesterday to the clickbait article which said everything and nothing, apparently. In that sense it was a clickbait. I think I wasn't pretty clear with my words... so... well... sorry.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    He just gave people an option under certain circumstances. Humans made those decisions themselves. People choose evil.
    "They can be a great people, they wish to be...they only lack the light to show the way"

The feels man, to think he led them into the dark

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Ohhh come on!
    So, If I give you a gun and you shoot I'm not responsible? If I tell you that life isn't worth living in a good way and you commit suicide...I'm not responsible?

Come on!

Instigation to commit a crime is a crime itself!
    Last edited by AntoKent17; 09-13-2017 at 08:52 AM.