Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    "They can be a great people, they wish to be...they only lack the light to show the way"

The feels man, to think he led them into the dark
    The Watchmen's pessimism made its way into his head apparently.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    The Watchmen's pessimism made its way into his head apparently.
    Yeah: brainwash, torture and human suffering and wars.

So... let's commit crimes just to show how bad these human beings are...

Quote Originally Posted by AntoKent17 View Post
    Ohhh come on!
    So, If I give you a gun and you shoot I'm not responsible? If I tell you that life isn't worth living in a good way and you commit suicide...I'm not responsible?

Come on!

Instigation to commit a crime is a crime itself!
    Maybe. But again, Jor-El doesn't force his will on the others. For example, that woman didn't stop trying to help that man when Oz's people from the crowd were telling her that she should let him die. So the hope is alive. I just think that if Jor-El held a gun against faces of those people and threatened to kill them unless they commit evil, I would feel less sorry for Mr Oz, but no. This is what actually happened

Action Comics (2016-) 987-016.jpg

DECEMBER EARLY SOLICITATIONS.. WARNING.. All of these are subject to change without prior notice. These solicits have no cover art and no story details until next week. All these trades I post here are chosen due to being interesting

http://boards.4chan.org/co/thread/95281597#p95306111

I only put this here because I saw another user put the december detective comics solicitations of this place... If you are not interested... Ignore this.. Maybe something can change.. Supersons crossover for example.

More doubts about Jor.... Oz....

AC 993.. BOOSTER SHOT" part one! As Superman struggles to cope with Mr. Oz's true identity, the Man of Steel turns to the only "hero" he knows who can prove once and for all if Oz's story is true: Booster Gold!
    But a massive power doesn't want our heroes venturing through time, and will do anything it can to sabotage their journey!
    RATED T

AC 994>"BOOSTER SHOT" part two! It's the time-hopping team-up of Superman and Booster Gold-and on their quest to verify Mr. Oz's identity, a mysterious force attempts to sabotage the journey! This time (pun!) our heroes wind up in the crosshairs of a deadly new villain-the time wraith responsible for their tumultuous journey!
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-13-2017 at 09:44 AM.

Reading Action Comics #977 now gives a new level of feels.

jor el is going to turn out to be time trapper Superboy in the end trying to break supermans faith in the world like he lost his. :P
    The Self is the only existing reality

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by AntoKent17 View Post
    You're totally right: this is also an insult to the Watchmen characters. They were never meant to be in the same universe and to interact with the main characters of the DCU.
    Watchmen is great because it stands by itself. Dr Manhattan character is great because he's not a villain, he represents how and why our belief in an IMMANENT God is such a false creed.
    Anyway, I'll wait till Doomsday Clock comes out to judge it.

Right now they're spitting in Jor-El's face... and in all Superman's mythos based on the fact that he was sent to earth thank to a SACRIFICE.
    Jor-El can't be alive. But he was (for years, tortured and brainwashed by Dr. M) and he is now on earth. And that sucks.

This rebirth and reborn reboot gave us a more recognizable Superman and it gave us the real Lois back... but as for the rest... well... they're wasting a huge opportunity. They're making a lot of mess and mistakes.

P.S. Jor-El basically was kidnapped-saved from the destruction of Krypton by Manhattan who's using him to infuse desperation into Superman. Manhattan also wants Bruce out of the game (he thinks only Bruce can bring Clark back to believe in humanity and so he made Thomas Wayne tell him not to be Batman anymore) and he's also responsible for the LIE in the confusing WW story-arc (The Truth, The Lie, the half-truth, the half-lie and on and on...)
    I too suspect Doctor Manhattan's involvement, but I suspect more is going on than meets the eye. If Jor-el has been tortured, I suspect either Ozymandias or Rorschach did it, more likely Ozymandias. I agree this is a play to get Superman to give up. However, I suspect all this tampering is meant for some greater good, perhaps as a means to prepare the DC heroes for an enemy more powerful than even Doctor Manhattan himself.

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

I hope he's being controlled or something and this isn't the soul of the true man showing yet, but beyond that I'm not willing to entertain that the character is anyone but Jor-El. They can't make this all completely pointless by doing a fake-out.

Like visually, have it that when he's at the highest level of being controlled, whatever that force might be, he looks like he does in that final shot. But when he gains more control over himself and he has some clarity as his true self, that left eye is able to open or something. A Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde-like theme. Maybe that's how they justify keeping him around beyond Action #1000. Superman helps free him from his control but all the same lots of damage has been done, both physically and emotionally.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-13-2017 at 10:31 AM.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

This reminds me FLASHPOINT THOMAS WAYNE... For ruin Bruce HOPES in Batman wanting a better Life.. Oz/Jor-El is for ruin any HOPE in Superman..
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-13-2017 at 11:23 AM.

This was good. Looking forward to what is ahead.
    Pull List: Superman, Action Comics, Batman,Titans, Flash, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Youngblood, Black Hammer

Wife's pull list: Wonder Woman

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series

Is anyone else wondering 'why now?' If he really cared about Clark, then why wait all these years to make his presence known to him?

Also, Bogdanovic's art really reminds me of Capullo's.
    I will fight. Forever. For everyone, whether they know it or not. Whether they are watching or not. I will always fight.---Daredevil

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

Yeah, I figured Mr. Oz was going to wind up being Jor-El...or rather a Jor-El. After all, notice how when the reveal happens, Mr. Oz/Jor-El is standing in front of the Jor-El statue in the Fortress of Solitude? And if you notice, the Jor-El statue has a very prominent beard...which Mr. Oz lacks. Granted, he could've shaved it off, but there's also the fact that Mr. Oz/Jor-El wears a different uniform than the Jor-El we've seen the flashbacks from Superman Reborn after the timeline was corrected:

So my guess is that Mr. Oz is indeed Jor-El, but not the Jor-El from Earth-0/New Earth.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow!
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

I think they've teased that we'll be seeing multiple versions of Jor-El as part of the Oz mystery, so Oz may very well not be Rebirth Jor-El.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Bleeding Cool did insist it was pre Crisis (1940's-1986) Jor-El after all. I'm still wondering if indeed it is him. Perhaps this will tie into the constant changing Kryptons and Jor-El incarnations (i.e, resulting in all the various reboots to Superman) somehow.

I'm with Sacred Knight on this one. I'm still all in at the moment,but it's a kind of a "thread the needle" time here. This could either be something really good or a "jump the shark" for the still settling Post-Rebirth era for Superman. I'm Intrigued and confused and uneasy at the same time.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

Rebirth Jor-El had a very different set of clothing once the Action issues after Reborn hit. In that splash page its basically full-on SO. When Superman "revisits" Krypton in the Fortress later however, we see the style is a little different, indeed a lot like what Mr. Oz is wearing. Just the color seems to be different. So that big splash page from Reborn itself turned inaccurate pretty quickly. Donner-style robes is out. So really all Mr. Oz is lacking is the beard. And I'm guessing he just loses that via the same means his face was scarred up (probably he was caught up in the explosion of Krypton for the briefest of moments before he was transported away and thus suffered burns and other trauma).

Maybe there's still some twists regarding past incarnations, but as he appears here right now I think this is indeed the main Jor-El.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-13-2017 at 04:26 PM.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.