Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Default Ongoing Flash monthly discussion (#30)

Couldn't find any up to date discussion on the latest Flash (#29). Are people reading it and just keeping quiet or have people dropped it?

Even though I want Barry to get back to a "happy" place, I thought the image of him in an ice bath was really awesome. Having the mystery unfold in the crime lab and having Barry rely on his skills without his powers is also an interesting route.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Turning this into an ongoing Flash discussion.
    Last edited by Bogotazo; Yesterday at 09:38 AM.

Mighty Member
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Disliking the book ever since the neg sf thing, and lately the artwork is awful. What is with Barry's aging 15 yrs? Plus another 'gruesome' villain reminds me of my least fave Flash era pre-Flash Rebirth 2009...Johns.
    Waiting it out.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Disliking the book ever since the neg sf thing, and lately the artwork is awful. What is with Barry's aging 15 yrs? Plus another 'gruesome' villain reminds me of my least fave Flash era pre-Flash Rebirth 2009...Johns.
    Waiting it out.
    Not feeling the negative speedforce things myself. But Johns as your least favorite??! Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    But Johns as your least favorite??! Damn.
    Well, speaking for myself, Waid's first run was by far the best and Messner-Loebs' run and the Jai and Iris era are both winners. Johns' run has the high point of Blitz, but even that has Johns' regular "UGH" tropes, and besides that story, his run is mostly meh.

That said, the WORST Flash book Pre-2009 Rebirth was Bart's. It could have worked so well, but they just had no idea what they were doing.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

"Don't we at the very least deserve the right to exist?" - Doctor 13: Architecture and Morality

I'm really curious to see what Williamson is building-up with this Kristen woman, since I can't imagine he has any endgame in mind that doesn't involve Iris. Though it's kind of funny that she's also a redhead .

Barry unloading on Singh felt kind of cathartic. Poor Forrest though .

Did we see this coroner earlier in this run? I feel like we did.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I plod through every month waiting to be wowed and again let down with another mediocre issue.
    I really want to love this book, but it's just not there. I miss the Flash Family.
    I want to see Barry interact with his nephew that he apparently loves so much.
    Let's see Jay, Max, Bart and Jesse again.
    All these brilliant characters and they're not being used to the detriment of the title.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No point being a damn fool about it. - W C Fields

Feels a lot like Spider-Man when he had the symbiote. Also the introduction of the villain was way too rushed
    There was a time above... a time before... there were perfect things... diamond absolutes. But things fall... things on earth. And what falls... is fallen. In the dream, it took me to the light. A beautiful lie.

Now that Barry is infused with the Negative Speed Force, shouldn't he be able to go back and save his mother from the evil time-traveling Thawne?

(Typically, the only time superheroes are "allowed" to change the past is to undo a change made by a prior, and usually evil, time traveler. Then they're supposed to. Barry hasn't been able to do it with the regular Speed Force, but now....)
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Not feeling the negative speedforce things myself. But Johns as your least favorite??! Damn.
    Post-Crisis Flash had the advantage of being pretty much strong from the start. Personally, I dislike Baron's run, but that's my personal taste, not a criticism on its quality.

So, you know, the worst Wally run is still a good Wally run.
    Conner Kent flies. Connor Hawke has a bow. Get it right, people!

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    Now that Barry is infused with the Negative Speed Force, shouldn't he be able to go back and save his mother from the evil time-traveling Thawne?

(Typically, the only time superheroes are "allowed" to change the past is to undo a change made by a prior, and usually evil, time traveler. Then they're supposed to. Barry hasn't been able to do it with the regular Speed Force, but now....)
    Maybe that's where all this is headed. Nora Allen might have her own destiny with a rebirth.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Concerning the issue today: the story is good enough, I guess, but I hate the negative speed force concept. (Honestly, no good thing came from Flash:Rebirth IMHO, but Johns take on the speed force was the worst of it)

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Maybe that's where all this is headed. Nora Allen might have her own destiny with a rebirth.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    That would actually be pretty cool. Here's hoping.

In my opinion, the Flash has been great since the Rebirth issue, and this issue was no exception to that.
    Marvel: All-New Guardians of the Galaxy, All-New Wolverine, Amazing Spider-Man, Darth Vader, Star Wars, Unbelievable Gwenpool.

DC: Aquaman, Batman, Detective Comics, Flash, Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Trinity.

"Iron Man, Iron Man, Does whatever an iron can; presses pants really fine, keeps those pleats right in line. Hey there, there goes the Iron Man!"

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    (Honestly, no good thing came from Flash:Rebirth IMHO
    One good thing came from it I think: Max got out of the Speed Force FINALLY, and wasn't just continued to let rot there until Flashpoint. No, he didn't really do anything after the fact but the fact that he got out at all is something.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

"Don't we at the very least deserve the right to exist?" - Doctor 13: Architecture and Morality

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    One good thing came from it I think: Max got out of the Speed Force FINALLY, and wasn't just continued to let rot there until Flashpoint. No, he didn't really do anything after the fact but the fact that he got out at all is something.
    I think what happened with Iris and Jai was a good thing to. It would have made for an interesting family dynamic to have one kid being a speedster and the other being normal and seeing how their relationships with their parents differ on that basis. But as you say, nothing was ever done with that.