Default Ragnarok, Justice League and The Last Jedi

I have four questions for everyone...

1. Which of these films are you most exited for?
    2. Which of these films will make the most money?
    3. Which of these films will be the most critically acclaimed?
    4. Which of these films will you enjoy the most?

Try to answer all four and elaborate if you could. I'm personally exited for all three movies and I'd be interested to hear what everyone thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post

Try to answer all four and elaborate if you could. I'm personally exited for all three movies and I'd be interested to hear what everyone thinks.
    1. Thor

2.last Jedi by alot maybe as much as the other together

3. Hard to say without seeing them. Thors a wild card, last jedi probaly grts ok reviews at worst. Justice League has two strikee against it with critics and while WW should help i dont see Justice league doing good with critics. So probaly last jedi maybe thor

4. Thor im guessing. Im a huge planet hulk fan. Justice league i hate what i see of flash and Cyborg but Aquaman/Bats/WW should be great together

Standing Member

1. Which of these films are you most excited for?
    JUSTICE LEAGUE. I have no interest in the Disney movies.
    STAR WARS 8. It's Star Wars, those movies always make tons of money.
    STAR WARS 8. Even if JUSTICE LEAGUE is good, there are people lining up already to slam it. THOR will probably get good reviews, but STAR WARS is going to hog all the attention.
    JUSTICE LEAGUE--I have no plans to see the other two.

Beach Baby, Beach Baby, there on the sand
    From July to the end of September
    Surfin' was fun, we'd be out in the sun every day.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post

1. More excited for the upcoming Thor movie. Based on what we've seen it's the most interesting looking of the three. After What We Do in the Shadows and Hunt for the Wilderpeople I'd of been more interested in what Taika Waititi's did next regardless, that it happens to be this Thor movie that also look fantastic is just happenstance. But since his next movie also turned out to be some big budget movie it'll also be interesting to see what he can do with that kind of money.

2. Probably Star Wars because it's Star Wars. It's the next big Star War, and it's the last one that'll have Carrie Fisher in it, like actually have her in it, not some terrible looking CGI version of her.

3. Gonna go with Thor, as it's a Taika Waitiiti movie, and he's a better director than any of the three guys making the two other movies.

4. Thor: Ragnarok. Again, better filmmaker making it. Looks vastly more entertaining than either of the other two movie. That first Ragnarok trailer was so fucking good that it feel like a huge giant mistake for them to release their Last Jedi trailer so close to it. Disney shouldn't have let that happen, because even though they aren't coming out around the same time, they've now kind of created a situation where it looks like two of their own space movies are in competition with each other. And based on the trailers there surely more expensive Star Wars movie got its ass kicked, the new Star Wars movie looked boring next to Thor.

1) Thor
    2) Star Wars
    3) Thor
    4) Thor (While hoping the Justice League movie knocks it out the park.)
    Is always confused.....

My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

All of the 4 : The last jedi

Let's face it, at this point Star Wars is pretty much a religion.
    A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker

Siddhartha Gautama.

Astonishing Member

1. I'm honestly pretty hyped for all of them. Right now though it's Thor: Ragnarok. Mainly because I'm a big Marvel Thor fan, and it's the closest to release.
    2. Star Wars: The Last Jedi. I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case.
    3. Probably The Last Jedi, it is Star Wars after all. But it might also be the most polarising of the three. Although, name a Zack Snyder-helm DC movie that isn't polarising.
    4. No idea. Haven't seen them yet, haven't even seen a trailer for the Last Jedi. Thor and Justice League both look like they'll be fun.

1) Thor: Ragnarok because the trailers have looked fun, and I'm a Thor fan from the comics; this time last year I would have expected me to be more exited for Star Wars, but though I loved TFA the trailer for VIII did nothing for me.
    2) Star Wars: TLJ because TFA was a big hit across the boards and I don't see those numbers dropping.
    3) Star Wars: TLJ because everyone is still so happy that we're not getting prequel-quality dialogue.
    4) I can't answer that in any meaningful way. I'm guessing it'll be between Thor: Ragnarok and SW:TLJ as I have little interest in Justice League (still haven't seen Supes vs Bats) and have no plans to see it, but who knows? Perhaps I'll be horribly disappointed in Thor and Star Wars, while Justice League might be unexpectedly good.
    Last edited by Panic; 09-14-2017 at 02:43 AM.

Spectacular Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

1. Justice League
    2. Star Wars
    3. Thor
    4. All

I don't think Last Jedi is a slam dunk. The characterization of Luke will be critical. I'm not too worried about the broad story, though, given the foreshadowing from TFA. It sounds like a nicely complex plot without losing the spirit of Star Wars. We'll see.

Star Wars is the one I'm most excited for, but also the one that has the greatest risk of disappointment of course. But I'm optimistic.

It could be a toss-up whether TLJ or JL makes the most box office worldwide, but I'd give a slight edge to TLJ.

TLJ will have the most critical acclaim. Thor is Marvel and will be enjoyable and probably get a high RT score, but TLJ will be praised for reasons beyond bubble gum fun. JL will hover around 70% acclaim as most DC movies.

TLJ and Thor both have the potential to be great fun or great disappointments. It's a tossup which I will enjoy more. Will not see JL.
    Yes, it's still true. In my opinion is implied in every post. Please remember that.

1. Ragnarok. The trailers look awesome and kick-butt. Lots of action, humor and a somewhat stylized look with the bright colors.

2. The Last Jedi. Star Wars is a juggernaut, its not going to slow down. The fact that Carrie Fisher has passed will give the the film an additional boost for the same thing happens when recording artists (i.e.: Prince, etc.) dies.

3. I think critics will enjoy Ragnarok enough but I would have to give the edge to The Last Jedi on this one. I can already see the narrative forming that ep 8 will make up for 'the shortcomings of The Force Awakens.'

4. Ragnarok, followed by Justice League. While ep. 8 is unaffected by CF's death the fact is that episode 9 will have to work around it, thus the ending of the third trilogy will be different than it would've been if Leia was still around in the narrative.

Looking forward to Ragnarok and Justice League. I will probably see The Last Jedi since I enjoyed The Force Awakens.

1: Thor Ragnarok.
    2: Star Wars The Last Jedi.
    3: Star Wars The Last Jedi.
    4: Thor Ragnarok.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    1. Which of these films are you most excited for?
    JUSTICE LEAGUE. I have no interest in the Disney movies.
    STAR WARS 8. It's Star Wars, those movies always make tons of money.
    STAR WARS 8. Even if JUSTICE LEAGUE is good, there are people lining up already to slam it. THOR will probably get good reviews, but STAR WARS is going to hog all the attention.
    JUSTICE LEAGUE--I have no plans to see the other two.
    This is my answer as well.
    Pull List: Vertigo - Astro City Image - Autumnlands, Beauty, Copperhead, East of West, Lazarus, Low, Magdalena, Monstress, The Old Guard, Postal, Regression, Renato Jones: The One %, Samaritan, Snowfall, Spawn, Spread, The Walking Dead, Youngblood. Other - Penny Dreadful, Star Trek: Boldly Go, The Woods.

Star Wars is my answer for all. I do think Thor looks pretty solid from the trailers, but I'm still a little miffed that it looks like they're going to play a movie called Ragnarok as a comedy.

1. Justice League
    2. The Last Jedi
    3. The Last Jedi
    4. Justice League