Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Everyone on Earth gets the ability to morph

Everyone on Earth gets the ability to morph into any animal they have touched (including humans), for two hours at a time. Anyone who stays in morph past that limit gets stuck in whatever form they are currently in. All non human morphed creatures get the ability to speak telepathically to anyone within 30 metres

How does this change our current society.
    Last edited by Stigmazilla; 09-13-2017 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    Everyone on Earth gets the ability to morph into any animal they have touched (including humans), for two hours at a time. Anyone who stays in morph past that limit gets stuck in whatever form they are currently in.

Considering we'll lose 10-15% of the planet due to people not believing in/trusting that limit in the first few days, overcrowding will ease slightly. If there's an animal that can metabolize Carbon Dioxide we can save the planet.

Mighty Member

You'd have people trying to weaponise it, or use the ability aggressively. Basically like with David, but on a grander scale and being harder to contain.

Mighty Member

Everyone would get stuck in whatever form they fell asleep in the first time, so it all sorts itself out in a day.

Didn't they have telepathy with the animals they became? And Tobias get trapped as a Hawk, by staying in that form for to long?

Everyone on Earth gets the ability to morph into any animal they have touched (including humans), for two hours at a time. Anyone who stays in morph past that limit gets stuck in whatever form they are currently in. All non human morphed creatures get the ability to speak telepathically to anyone within 30 metres

How does this change our current society?
    The next day Netflix decides to relaunch the Animorphs franchise.

LOL kidding, the "ability to morph into any animal they have touched...for two hours" Probably get mostly pets.
    Allot of dog and cat people mindlessly chasing each other around. Hamsters and gerbil and guineapig people would probably end up dead as helpless prey. Parakeet and bird people would just fly around in heaven for two hrs, then when it unexpectedly wears off suddenly fall to their death while flying or sitting on a small branch.
    Those few in contact with actual wild feral animals, would probably get killed by the fierce competition (despite "communication" they'll still be seen as a primal threat. ...or become a mate! (so yeah that happened*)
    And those who kept wild animals in cages Zoos etc...(despite now being able to communicate) would definitely be mauled to death. (...ah let me explain! ...I'm one of you now!)
    Those around or touching an insect when it happens, despite having the supposed superior mind, would probably be overwhelmed by the "telepathic communication" of the hive mind, and just become a mindless drone for the next 2 hrs. ...ah where do you want this leaf, I carried it, all by myself, from all the way over there, a whole foot away, I can get a twig too, and I think I saw a crumb! Does that help, ...please don't eat me!

*I don't know what's being born in 9 months, a hybrid, there is a whole other story there?.
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-13-2017 at 09:40 AM.

BRB gonna go find myself a giant squid...

The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    BRB gonna go find myself a giant squid...
    Would be pretty disappointing, really. You'd morph, then collapse on land because "you're a giant squid, why would you do this?"
    "Someone or thing has got to pay, it's given too much to take away. Oh I just want a legacy, Oh I just want it all to never fade! Don't we all arrive, at the same place where we began?" - Divisi

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Would be pretty disappointing, really. You'd morph, then collapse on land because "you're a giant squid, why would you do this?"
    Well you'd need some folk in the audience on your side, because since we can turn into specific humans if we touch em I can give you the fight we all deserve:

The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar

Man, my fish followers are thicc.
    "Someone or thing has got to pay, it's given too much to take away. Oh I just want a legacy, Oh I just want it all to never fade! Don't we all arrive, at the same place where we began?" - Divisi

Mighty Member

There'd also be lots of people using it selfishly and immorally. Anyone who has ever touched you after the morphing ability has been activated could become you. A real threat to important or high profile people like CEOs, leaders and pop stars. Why hire an actor when you can just hire someone who's had physical contact with the actor? An actor can live on by someone become a Nothlit in their form. With the right selection process get another actor to make the change, and you have, say, Chris Pratt for as long as the charade lasts. The ethical implications aren't simple.

The Animorphs were a group of six, originally five, who had a moral code against morphing other people unless strictly necessary. Cassie morphing Rachel when the latter had morphing sickness, Ax morphing Jake when the latter was infested, Marco morphing a random guy in order to get out of the building, Ax and Rachel morphing fighter pilots to get to an aircraft carrier at sea and Marco morphing a politician at the very end of the series when the war became truly desperate (that was the book that changed the back synopsis to the countdown to the end). Each time there was a valid reason and was a one-off. David morphed Marco and Sadler, Jake and Rachel's cousin (after killing him), but he went rogue.

And what happens when someone gets in over their head? Fly out over the sea but get too far to get to land within the remaining time left. Get buried in a rockfall. Get sucked into plane engine. Just plain knocked out and not regaining consciousness until after the two hour limit has passed.

Another risk is the animal instinct. The Animorphs swore off termites because of their social structure. Seagulls are easily distra-food! One of the biggest challenges with a new morph is getting a handle on the base instinct. A weak-willed person might give in entirely and lose themselves in the animal they've morphed. Imagine you're a dog, excited by all the smells, only to realise you've spent several hours wandering around aimlessly.

What if your like eating KFC when it kicks in? Do you become a fried chicken? Or alive chicken?
    Or if you're eating really old fashioned Jello, do you turn into a whale!
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-14-2017 at 01:35 PM.

I would become an ant or a wasp then swiftly become mind controlled by a queen and never muster the willpower to become human again
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHC...ztdvnvVkCljJpA
    My Youtube Channel! Take a peek and see me (hopefull) kick butt! Any support is awesome.

(including humans),

Brb, gonna find a pro sports player and get stuck that way

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Brb, gonna find a pro sports player and get stuck that way
    What's to stop someone old from getting stuck as a kid, teenager or someone in their early 20's and getting a second go at life?

What about 2 creatures at once? Say, I touched an African elephant while an ant crawled on my ankle. Ant sized elephant? Elephant sized ant? A human sized hybrid with six legs, big ears, and a trunk?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002