Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess the Wizard got a makeover over the centuries .

Maybe it's supposed to symbolize some kind of corruption ala the effect on the DCU from Dr. Manhattan.
    Hmm, interesting! You could be onto something.

I thought that, with the Rock of Eternity being at the center of the multiverse, maybe there is more than one wizard (?)!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, seriously, the Legion of Doom's headquarters ?
    Well, clearly Vandal hadn't scheduled a meeting of Immortals, so he had to make do. One would think that after thousands of years he would have had an hideout for it.

This issue was just crazy comic book fun. So many far out concepts and nods to past DC stories. The Bat family leading the League straight into the Parliament of Trees, Superman declaring that he and Batman are like brothers, the freakin Legion of Doom, and of course baby Darkseid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetragrammar View Post
    Another awesome issue. Really was hoping for more time with Dream and to see exactly what was exchanged between him and Batman. No worries though, I'm sure that will be expanded upon and Dream will definitely be featured later on, possibly when Batman faces whatever this Black Sun is.

Now I have a question about the Council of Immortals. I saw Cain and Abel of the Dreaming. Uncle Sam on the far left next to Phantom Stranger, The Wizard, and Morgaine. Any guesses on the two others who had there backs to us facing Vandal and Kendra?
    Looked like Grundy, Cain, and possibly Jason Blood. In stories like Justice League of America: The Tornado's Path they made a point of saying that Grundy is one of the immortals walking the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    One thing that bothered me: in Dark Days: The Casting #1, when we see the immortals, it's clearly the classic Wizard Shazam we see (holding the ninth metal metal dagger)! However, in Dark Nights : Metal #2, we see the "Nu-52" Wizard (argh!) with the immortals! Did anybody else notice this? What do you think happened here?
    Yeah I noticed that too. It was the only part of this issue I didn't like.
    Last edited by Robotman; 09-13-2017 at 11:23 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Looked like Grundy, Cain, and possibly Jason Blood. In stories like Justice League of America: The Tornado's Path they made a point of saying that Grundy is one of the immortals walking the earth.
    Grundy being part of this group does seem rather odd considering he is usually no more than 80-100 years old and frequently incapable of tying his own shoes. But then again I have to say the group just seems to be rather pick and mix of immortals, Cain and Abel I wouldn't see as people who would have any reason to leave the Dreaming unless Dream actually sent them. Jason Blood's presence also seems rather odd considering most of these people are villains and not the kind Jason usually wants to hang around. And while you have Morgan le Fay, Circe is strangely absent.

Yeah I noticed that too. It was the only part of this issue I didn't like.
    It might be that the Wizard changes appearance over time kinda like Wotan did.

I think that the guy in green and chained may well be Black Adam. After all, it's the Wizard who is holding his chain. In any case, he is a prisoner of the Wizard, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Grundy being part of this group does seem rather odd considering he is usually no more than 80-100 years old and frequently incapable of tying his own shoes. But then again I have to say the group just seems to be rather pick and mix of immortals, Cain and Abel I wouldn't see as people who would have any reason to leave the Dreaming unless Dream actually sent them. Jason Blood's presence also seems rather odd considering most of these people are villains and not the kind Jason usually wants to hang around. And while you have Morgan le Fay, Circe is strangely absent.

It might be that the Wizard changes appearance over time kinda like Wotan did.
    It could be that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I think that the guy in green and chained may well be Black Adam. After all, it's the Wizard who is holding his chain. In any case, he is a prisoner of the Wizard, I think.
    Yeah, I thought about Black Adam, even though that would be kind of obvious.

Grundy being part of this group does seem rather odd considering he is usually no more than 80-100 years old and frequently incapable of tying his own shoes.
    Well, if Hawkman can turn out to predate Khufu, then may be the Grundy versions we've known about have only been a few in a much longer line of Grundies.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

I don't see why a Grundy c. 1900 couldn't be part of the Immortals. He might not be as old as the rest, but he's arguably even more immortal since he just regenerates.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    Yeah, I thought about Black Adam, even though that would be kind of obvious.
    I kinda doubt it's him, I mean when was the last time we saw him?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    Well, if Hawkman can turn out to predate Khufu, then may be the Grundy versions we've known about have only been a few in a much longer line of Grundies.
    True since Snyder could be leaning on the 7 Soldiers of Victory version where 'Grundy' is a zombiefied version of a Limbotown inhabitant rather than the Cyrus Gold (one Grundy) we've mostly seen.

Still I am not really sure if he would count as an immortal despite being called it once, considering his thing is dying and coming back over and over. But since Ra's is also here, I suppose this is more of a gathering of 'really old people'. It's perhaps a little bit puzzling that Dr. Fate has been mentioned, but not present as the current host of Nabu and all that.

A fan comic strip of the JLA raising Baby Darkseid like Morty Jr. From Rick and Morty https://68.media.tumblr.com/257f20ee...ltj8o2_500.png would be hilarious

I kinda doubt it's him, I mean when was the last time we saw him?

True since Snyder could be leaning on the 7 Soldiers of Victory version where 'Grundy' is a zombiefied version of a Limbotown inhabitant rather than the Cyrus Gold (one Grundy) we've mostly seen.

Still I am not really sure if he would count as an immortal despite being called it once, considering his thing is dying and coming back over and over. But since Ra's is also here, I suppose this is more of a gathering of 'really old people'. It's perhaps a little bit puzzling that Dr. Fate has been mentioned, but not present as the current host of Nabu and all that.
    But it can't be Solomon Grundy, right? 'Cause Ra's said he was the youngest. And if we go by Seven Soldiers, (which might work given all the Morrison ties present), then Grundy is actually an imprisoned version of Zachary Zor, the renegade Time Tailor.

Also, speaking of immortals, what role does the Barbatos obsessed Dr. Hurt have to play in this? It seems like he saw this coming in his Nightwing appearance. And instead of being a failed Darkseid manifestation, he could now be a failed gateway for Barbatos (was obsessed with it, is a Wayne, dresses in the OG Bat-man costume). And the Joker (who might now be immortal!?) has to have some role, right? Kind of makes sense that he went 'sane' in the prologue. He also went mostly sane when he went up against Dr. Hurt in Batman and Robin. Maybe he has some anti-Barbatos instinct built in to him. Wonder if he's stuck in the Dark Multiverse too...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by machinegungeek View Post
    But it can't be Solomon Grundy, right? 'Cause Ra's said he was the youngest. And if we go by Seven Soldiers, (which might work given all the Morrison ties present), then Grundy is actually an imprisoned version of Zachary Zor, the renegade Time Tailor.
    There is that as well. The age is one thing, but I am mostly leaning on it not being him due to it being pretty strange to have him given his tendency to be pretty dimwitted... like fair enough if he's been around for longer than most, but if you are going to decide the fate of the world, wouldn't you want someone who qualifies due to brainpower rather than simply his age? (Which is not to say this isn't one of the smarter versions of Grundy).

But who else do we know thats really old and really big and has hair?

Well, I meant to say was that it can't really be (or make sense as) the Cyrus Gold Grundy. Some weird cosmic-Grundy? Sure. But it could just be a meaningless fun cameo too.

Speaking of fun, surprised no one has brought up just how deliciously comic-booky "throw the Anti-Monitor's brain at the Rock of Eternity at the center of the Multiverse to destroy the Dark Multiverse" is as a sentence, much less as an actual (certainly disastrous) plan.

Quote Originally Posted by machinegungeek View Post
    Well, I meant to say was that it can't really be (or make sense as) the Cyrus Gold Grundy. Some weird cosmic-Grundy? Sure. But it could just be a meaningless fun cameo too.

Speaking of fun, surprised no one has brought up just how deliciously comic-booky "throw the Anti-Monitor's brain at the Rock of Eternity at the center of the Multiverse to destroy the Dark Multiverse" is as a sentence, much less as an actual (certainly disastrous) plan.
    it was said in JLA/JSA crossover that all planes and realms of existence can be accessed from the rock of eternity so maybe they are using the brain as a nuclear bomb and the rock of eternity as a boom tube to transport it into the dark multiverse and destroy it.
    The Self is the only existing reality

My take on the council of immortals like others have said Solomon Grundy and Jason Blood

Uncle Sam
    Phantom Stranger
    Great Wizard
    Morgaine le Fey
    ? hooded guy
    Vandal Savage
    Kendra
    Abel
    Ra's al Ghul
    Immortal Man
    ? Solomon Grundy
    ? Jason Blood
    Cain
    Last edited by Lonewolf36; 09-14-2017 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Changed Baron Winters to Immortal Man