Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

The issue was meh.
    >The art continues to be unimpressive. It's competent but it's no Mollina or Lashley or Silva.
    >Even though we see the HeX-Men's origins told in their own voices, there's still not enough for me to connect emotionally with any of them. How did Maddie v2 get them? Why do they serve her seemingly willingly?
    >Maddie v2's revelation about multiversal Goblin Queens doesn't elicit any compassion or sympathy... and I know her past and the past of the real Maddie. Perhaps a page or two detailing this loneliness while highlighting the loss of her son and also showing the reasons for her hatred of any version of Scott and Jean might have helped. All she is now is a raving demon lady who collects alternate reality X-Men.
    >I'm starting to think Bunn hates Teen Angel. Hitting on women at the worst times, halting the villain's info dump, backing The Blob, not recognizing the 'it's behind you' look...
    >The only thing of real consequence in this issue is learning why Jimmy was important to Miss Sinister: Mothervine... something anyone curious could have discovered with a 30 second Google search like I did.
    >The mutaninjas / ninjants were meh before; still not interested even if they sacrifice themselves to stop Maddie v2.
    >Honestly can't find panels I really liked.

This is rather mediocre, not what I want from or expect from Bunn. I'm sticking with the book because possibly good art and good story are around the corner with Mojo Worldwide and Cross-Time Capers. To be honest, Cross-Time Capers seems like what Blue should have been about from the beginning.
    Last edited by nx01a; 09-13-2017 at 02:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Another quality issue, plus demons. Honestly, what X-men comic isn't improved by the inclusions of demons?

Seriously, though, I really like that Goblin Queen is back in action. She presents the kind of devious, hard-hitting villain that the O5 X-men need to really show what they can do. It's also interesting how she was the one that nurtured O5 Beast's exploration of the mystic arts. He's already on pretty fragile footing after all the things he and his older self have done. I can't imagine this will help his credibility, especially going into the Mojo arc.

X-men Blue is still my top X-book of choice. This issue did plenty to maintain that. I hope it continues and continues its reckless use of demons.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

X-Men Blue did a solid respectable job with issue 11. Dabbling in dark magic comes back to bite Beast and the rest of the team, but everyone even though passed out most the issue was well represented here. Some may not be too happy when they get out of their current predicament.

It was nice seeing Bloodstorm again. It brought back some 1990s memories of Mutant X.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-13-2017 at 05:03 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

If Madelyne from Secret Wars Inferno is plotting to unite all her alternative selves so that they can get revenge on all who've hurt and used and discarded them . . . does that mean we'll see the 616 Madelyne at some point?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    If Madelyne from Secret Wars Inferno is plotting to unite all her alternative selves so that they can get revenge on all who've hurt and used and discarded them . . . does that mean we'll see the 616 Madelyne at some point?
    Why not?!? You can count on one hand all of those who truly hurt Madelyne...
    Time travel is optional.
    "Off panel", is a laughable defense.
    If it wasn't printed... It didn't happen

leave Sexyclops to me oldscottsummers's Avatar

nothing special. it was ok. jean keep secrets from tyke. good. maybe future trouble for jott.

It was ok. I dont really care about the Rakasha or whatever they're called and the JImmy/Angel parts were so boring. Also not a big fan of the art.

I still find myself fairly bored with the book. Cliff notes.

The premise of the book seems to be mainly AU characters, and you can't really get invested in AU characters unless you're a huge fan of that character or you're a hardcore reader in general. It's good that Bunn took the time to explain their deal, but it also ends up feeling pointless because they're not the 616 versions and they'll be abandoned eventually anyway. Just like the ones that were in All-New X-Factor got abandoned when that book ended (that I know of, anyway).

Bunn seems to be pulling in darker, rougher, edgier characters, and I think most of that is a result of him being more comfortable writing those kinds of characters. I think he's not very comfortable with fluffy teenage O5 but needs to write them cause they're supposed to be the stars of the book, so he adds characters he's more comfortable with when he can.

Edgar Rice Burroughs reference is one Jean would make, but I think most people wouldn't get. Good that Bunn showed variety to Jean's power use. That's pretty much it that matters that isn't thoughts tied to my Polaris fandom.
    My real thoughts on ongoing Marvel activity and comics can be found at my Tumblr. I can also be reached on Twitter.

I thought the book was above average.

My real complaint about it was the panel time given to the Hex-Men. It seemed they were given a lot of back story for characters who may not last long and really weren't all that interesting. If they stick around for a while I might change my mind.

It was interesting to see that Scott was upset about Jean not letting him know about Pickles and it made him wonder what else she might be hiding from him. It was just last issue that Scott told Jean that their were some things he would never tell her.

I read Warren's screw up with Miss Sinister's info dump as a comedy scene. Warren screws up a lot any way. The rematch with Blob from Hopless' run should be interesting, especially if Sinister Upgraded Blob. I noticed we didn't get to see Blob's face to see if the damage Warren did to Blob was still there Blob. may want some revenge for what Angel did to him in Hopeless' ANXM.

I liked the way he handled the introductions here

Quote Originally Posted by JarOfFlies1 View Post
    I read Warren's screw up with Miss Sinister's info dump as a comedy scene. Warren screws up a lot any way. The rematch with Blob from Hopless' run should be interesting, especially if Sinister Upgraded Blob. I noticed we didn't get to see Blob's face to see if the damage Warren did to Blob was still there Blob. may want some revenge for what Angel did to him in Hopeless' ANXM.
    Or if it's the real Blob at all. Might be a clone. If the possible forthcoming fight is the start of Bunn's plans for Teen Angel, brilliant. It's highly overdue. So far he's been next to useless or an active negative influence on missions.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I have a feeling it's the real Blob, with his mutation reactivated, and taken one step further. And that Miss Sinister has been the one giving all these characters secondary mutations.

"You are here. You fought the weekend war, and you made it to the other side. Welcome to Monday; you can be anyone here. This is a new day, a new beginning, a new chance to be great. We are wiser and wilder than we were yesterday. Go kiss a stranger. Scream your favorite song from the top of the tallest building. You have the right to remain rock and roll. This is the end of the innocence; youth wasn't wasted on us. Now get out there, and write your story." - Brian Logan Dales, The Summer Set

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So from which reality did Colossus and Pixie came from?
    The secret wars battleworld from the inferno comic. Same asnight crawler and Maddie
    Wolverine,Rogue,Gambit,Jubilee Jean Grey top 5 x-men Favorites

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Or if it's the real Blob at all. Might be a clone. If the possible forthcoming fight is the start of Bunn's plans for Teen Angel, brilliant. It's highly overdue. So far he's been next to useless or an active negative influence on missions.
    I think it is real Blob . We didn't get to see his face to see if he was damaged from the first Angel/Blob fight. A rematch with Blob wouldn't necessarily mean the start of something big for Angel though. I noticed he is missing from the future solicits. Of course those can be misleading.

And I agree with Endsong that Sinister is likely behind many of the mutants secondary mutations.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    The secret wars battleworld from the inferno comic. Same asnight crawler and Maddie
    No. Their backstories are completely different.
    Quote Originally Posted by JarOfFlies1 View Post
    I think it is real Blob . We didn't get to see his face to see if he was damaged from the first Angel/Blob fight. A rematch with Blob wouldn't necessarily mean the start of something big for Angel though. I noticed he is missing from the future solicits. Of course those can be misleading.
    And I agree with Endsong that Sinister is likely behind many of the mutants secondary mutations.
    I can only hope Teen Angel gets something to do other than get beaten up by Blob then have to sit out the reality-hopping shenanigans.
    Just had a vision of mutated Blob shooting out semi-sentient fat globules.