Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Spider-Man December Solicitations 2017

Courtesy of the leak from Previewsworld here are the full solicits for Spidey titles

VENOM INC ALPHA #1
    VENOM INC. Part 1
    Peter Parker, Eddie Brock and Flash Thompson have one major thing in common - the Venom symbiote changed all of their lives. The inky black alien life-form is doubling down on our heroes - and they're not the only ones about to be put through the ringer. VENOM INC. kicks off here and rolls into AMAZING SPIDER-MAN & VENOM as a familiar face rises to new levels of villainy!
    Rated T

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #792
    VENOM INC. Part 2
    • Spider-Man finds himself between Eddie and a mysterious new figure!
    • And Black Cat and her gang find themselves face-to-face with an amped-up villain named Maniac that might just rip those faces right off.
    Rated T

VENOM #159
    VENOM INC. Part 3
    • Venom Inc. is weaving its tendrils through New York's criminal underworld, and Maniac's got himself a cadre of symbiotically subdued, super-powered lieutenants--and they're all bearing down on Spider-Man!
    • But Venom is in no shape to provide an assist for his unlikely ally...
    Rated T

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #793
    VENOM INC. Part 4
    • Spider-Man has been compromised by Maniac and it looks like his only hope...
    • ...is Eddie Brock? Peter Parker isn't going to like that!
    Rated T

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN RENEW YOUR VOWS #14
    Eight Years Later Part 2
    • It's the annual Parker Family Fun Day on Coney Island!
    • But what is supposed to be a relaxing day at the beach quickly turns into a superhero spectacular!
    • Meanwhile, Peter and Mary Jane's concerns surrounding Annie continue...
    Rated T

PETER PARKER: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #298
    Most Wanted Part 2
    • As if the police being after Peter and his sister Teresa weren't enough, BLACK PANTHER IS ON THEIR TRAIL!
    • Is he out to secure the Twilight Protocol information or just secure it for himself?
    • Either way, Spider-Man's not giving up his sister without a fight!
    Rated T

BEN REILLY: THE SCARLET SPIDER #11
    THE SLINGERS RETURN Part 2
    • After disagreeing about how to deal with the resurrected Hornet, the Scarlet Spider and Ricochet square off!
    • With his reflexes, Spider-Sense and tech, Spidey's got this guy beat, right?
    Rated T+

BEN REILLY: THE SCARLET SPIDER #12
    THE SLINGERS RETURN Part 3
    • Not one to miss a party, PRODIGY shows his face in Vegas and reunites with the rest of the Slingers!
    • But whose side will the reformed team fall on?
    Rated T+

SPIDER-GWEN #27
    GWENOM Part 3
    • With pressure mounting on all sides, the police force ratchets up their manhunt for the dangerous fugitive called Spider-Woman!
    • And they're hot on her tail - even in spite of her new black costume!
    Rated T

SPIDER-MAN #235
    SINISTER SIX REBORN ParT 2
    • The mysterious new Iron Spider rolls into Miles Morales' life with the destructive power of the new Sinister Six.
    • Sadly for those close to Miles, it's not just his life that's going to get obliterated.
    Rated T+

SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL #25
    Spider-Man Versus Deadpool Part 3
    • The first arc of the new era of SM/DP climaxes with our heroes facing THE CHAMELEON!
    • The mimicry villain's plan is more than just changing HIS appearance. It takes Chameleon from his level of petty crook and puts him shoulder to shoulder with the world's most terrifying super villains!
    • Spider-Man and Deadpool do their darnedest to take down the elusive villain, but it's hard to punch someone when he could look like anyone!
    Rated T

http://desuarchive.org/co/thread/95300719/#95300719
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 09-13-2017 at 09:14 AM.

Thoughts:

- Marvel is really doubling-down on Venom for the anniversary. First Brock comes back, then we get all these Venom arcs in the satellite books, and now we're getting a whole Venom crossover event. Granted, given Venom still seems to sell well, I guess I can't blame them .

- Remember those classic begrudging Peter/Eddie team-ups? Looks like those are back. With Flash in tow .

- I am really not looking forward to seeing Slott write Felicia again.

- Parker family at the beach? Sounds like fun. Especially if we get to see them in swimsuits...

- Y'know, ordinarily I'd be pumped for a tussle between Spidey and Black Panther, but with the current creative team I'm just not sure if it'll be worth it .

- I guess we're going to get another upgrade for the Chameleon. Sounds like something Bachalo will probably excel with.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

A Spider-Man/Black Panther fight would be awesome. I've seen the debates, and while Spider-Man is vastly stronger than Panther, he's only got a slight edge in terms of combat speed and reflexes, and Panther's senses are about even with Spider-Man's spider-sense, which further narrows the gap between them in terms of reaction/response time. Spider-Man's strength advantage is somewhat nullified by Black Panther's vibranium-woven suit being designed to dampen incoming kinetic force, which is also why bullets tend to just drop when even touching Black Panther as opposed to ricocheting off him, so Panther can arguably tank Spider-Man's blows. They're both extremely intelligent and skilled fighters, though, especially with all the martial arts T'Challa knows and Spider-Man's Way of the Spider martial art being designed to take full advantage of his strength, speed, and agility and apply them more precisely. It'd be one hell of a showdown, if written well.

Also, RYV beach episode, yay! More fodder for "Spider-Man should have an anime/manga adaptation at some point."

Slingers, baby, Slingers!

And as long as Venom is back in action, anybody ever think about what would happen if Venom met Gwenom?

If Spider-Man vs. Deadpool turns out to be the Chameleon's fault, I won't be surprised at all. However, with Deadpool's new despicable status quo . . . I guess the bromance is still over.

Looks like Miles is gonna get it hammered through his skull again that "being Spider-Man is suffering."

Also, the only thing I look forward to in Spider-Man running into Black Cat again is him finally dealing with her instead of gallivanting around the globe while Miles and Silk have to deal with her.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I see Brock getting a lot of love this last months from part of Marvel, i used to be a big fan of the guy and i had been interested on reading more about his current whereabouts, so is any good?.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    A Spider-Man/Black Panther fight would be awesome. I've seen the debates, and while Spider-Man is vastly stronger than Panther, he's only got a slight edge in terms of combat speed and reflexes, and Panther's senses are about even with Spider-Man's spider-sense, which further narrows the gap between them in terms of reaction/response time. Spider-Man's strength advantage is somewhat nullified by Black Panther's vibranium-woven suit being designed to dampen incoming kinetic force, which is also why bullets tend to just drop when even touching Black Panther as opposed to ricocheting off him, so Panther can arguably tank Spider-Man's blows. They're both extremely intelligent and skilled fighters, though, especially with all the martial arts T'Challa knows and Spider-Man's Way of the Spider martial art being designed to take full advantage of his strength, speed, and agility and apply them more precisely. It'd be one hell of a showdown, if written well.
    I'm expecting none of that will factor into the fight. We're probably more likely to see Peter ask for Black Panther's autograph .

Also, the only thing I look forward to in Spider-Man running into Black Cat again is him finally dealing with her instead of gallivanting around the globe while Miles and Silk have to deal with her.
    I want to believe we'll get some actual development there, but I think at this point Peter has probably completely written Felicia off .

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I see Brock getting a lot of love this last months from part of Marvel, i used to be a big fan of the guy and i had been interested on reading more about his current whereabouts, so is any good?.
    From what I've read of it, it's at least interesting. Brock and the symbiote still have some tension to work out, partly because Brock manipulated Spider-Man into betraying the symbiote so it'd hate Spider-Man again and Brock could get his hands on it, and partly because the drugs Brock was using to control the Toxin symbiote when he had it were interacting adversely with the Venom symbiote's biochemistry. So far, they've been working for Liz Allan at Alchemax because Alchemax produces something that helps stabilize their bonding, and as for what else they've been up to, check out Venomverse by Cullen Bunn (first and second issues out now); it's for Venom what Spider-Verse was for Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm expecting none of that will factor into the fight. We're probably more likely to see Peter ask for Black Panther's autograph .

I want to believe we'll get some actual development there, but I think at this point Peter has probably completely written Felicia off .
    That would be a shame, but tragically unsurprising. However, I would say no shame in Peter asking for Panther's autograph; I thought they had some pretty good vibes when interacting during the early parts of The Other: Evolve or Die back under JMS's pen.

I'm VERY interested in seeing how Robbie Thompson continues SM/DP knowing what went down with Wade in Secret Empire. You'd think an arc like Spider-Man VS Deadpool would mean a conclusion to the book.
    Last edited by cc008; 09-13-2017 at 02:34 PM.
    Ideas never die.

I wonder if this crossover is going to lead to Brock rediscovering Peter Parker is Spider-Man again...

Also kind of funny that Slott used RYV as a chance to write Eddie Brock as Venom and now he gets to do it again .

I hate that I can't be happy about Black Cat being in Spider-Man anymore .

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I'm VERY interested in seeing how Robbie Thompson continues SM/DP knowing what went down with Wade in Secret Empire. You'd think an arc like Spider-Man VS Deadpool would mean a conclusion to the book.
    Hmm, yeah, that makes me curious, too.

I wonder if this crossover is going to lead to Brock rediscovering Peter Parker is Spider-Man again...

Also kind of funny that Slott used RYV as a chance to write Eddie Brock as Venom and now he gets to do it again .

I hate that I can't be happy about Black Cat being in Spider-Man anymore .
    I feel your pain.

So we've got:

- Brock coming back as Venom.

- Edge of Venomverse debuting several new Venoms.

- Venomverse, an event featuring "every Venom ever."

- VenoMJ in Renew Your Vows.

- Gwenom in Spider-Gwen.

- A whole crossover arc in ASM title Venom Inc.

I guess where Marvel failed with Carnage, they're going to make work with Venom...again .

Maybe they should just rebrand the whole line "Venom Rebirth" or something...

So we've got:

- Brock coming back as Venom.

- Edge of Venomverse debuting several new Venoms.

- Venomverse, an event featuring "every Venom ever."

- VenoMJ in Renew Your Vows.

- Gwenom in Spider-Gwen.

- A whole crossover arc in ASM title Venom Inc.

I guess where Marvel failed with Carnage, they're going to make work with Venom...again .

Maybe they should just rebrand the whole line "Venom Rebirth" or something...
    Or Venom: Homecoming.

SLINGERS!!!!

-Pav, who loved today's Scarlet Spider issue...
    2017 Marvel Monthly Buys: America Ben Reilly: the Scarlet Spider Iron Fist Iron Fists Runaways Silver Surfer Spider-Gwen

Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my middle school students! DM for details

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Hmm, yeah, that makes me curious, too.

I feel your pain.
    Will Spider-Man kick Deadpool in the nuts again?

The Spider-Man/Venom crossover looks great.
    Spectacular Spider-Man looks interesting as well.

I sure hope Maniac isn't a new symbiote. We have far too many of those running around already.
    "You'll never learn to fly now 'til you're standing at the cliff."