Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I guess Bruce isn't getting married. First he goes on a trip through the desert, then he teams up with his oldest buddy "to see hope behind the madness". That doesn't sound like wedding bells time for him.
    So I can drop batman then?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Wally will be back.
    I mean, I know he will, but still .

The thing that is making me raise my eyebrow the most is the Supersons crossover. Is the Batman of Tomorrow Terry McGinnis? Because killing a kid doesn't sound like something he could ever justify doing to himself. I don't know, maybe the comics version is more brutal, but it still seems odd. I find it hard to believe the Teen Titans would consider it even for a second either.
    I just assumed it was a future version of Damian, to tie-in to those flash-forwards to Jon in adulthood.

No, but anytime a book changes writers, will they hang on to the supporting cast is a fair question.
    True.

Though Seeley's never struck me as someone who'll throw everything out, especially if they're important to a character, so I doubt that will be the case here.
    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Lets hope he fares better than McDuffie and fans let him write instead of throwing fits about certain members of the roster. Since they didn't do it when Hitch was there.
    It doesn't seem like the roster will be changing too much from Hitch, but I am curious to see how Priest fares with writing certain characters in the group.

Silencer pique my interest, and I'm glad to see Madame Xanadu back in action too. I'll also be picking up Justice League now that Priest is on it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Lets hope he fares better than McDuffie and fans let him write instead of throwing fits about certain members of the roster. Since they didn't do it when Hitch was there.
    The line up has stayed the same for so long there' probably some stupid mandate to keep it the same.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Much like Seeley being on the book at all, I think this is a bad idea.
    Well it's GL. It was gonna happen at some point .

Incredible Member Uncanny Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    So Priest is on Justice League. Figured it was only a matter of time until DC put him on a more marquee book after how well received Deathstroke has been.
    Will Priest be on Justice League long term, though, or just for a couple of issues? And what will that mean for Deathstroke?

I think Seeley probably felt like he did all he could with Nightwing. He's been writing the character since Grayson and I don't think he enjoyed Nightwing and Bludhaven nearly as much as Grayson, but he stuck with the character through Rebirth which was commendable, imo.
    ...which is exactly the feeling I got from Seeley on Rebirth Nightwing. Very lackluster and by-the-numbers, as if he had no desire to write Dick as a superhero again instead of a spy. It's definitely time Seeley moved on to something else.

Will miss Humpries on Green Lanterns, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    Will Priest be on Justice League long term, though, or just for a couple of issues? And what will that mean for Deathstroke?
    I think he might be on it for a while. They obviously want to give Priest a bigger book and Batman and Superman are all wrapped up at the moment, but JL is open. So it fits. As for Deathstroke I think Priest will stay on it for a while longer since he seems to really enjoy writing it. Maybe he will cross over Deathstroke and JL to try and give Deathstroke a boost in sales or something since he is controlling both books.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's a GL book. They always shift more into cosmic at some point.

Though I doubt Seeley will completely drop Jessica and Simon's ties to Earth.
    It's true that the Lanterns always return to space at some point, but I like Simon and Jessica on Earth, especially with Hal in space full time now. Now, if Hal is going to return to Earth and go back to being in the JL, then I don't think it will be so bad to have Simon and Jessica trade off with him and head to space.

I think he might be on it for a while. They obviously want to give Priest a bigger book and Batman and Superman are all wrapped up at the moment, but JL is open. So it fits. As for Deathstroke I think Priest will stay on it for a while longer since he seems to really enjoy writing it. Maybe he will cross over Deathstroke and JL to try and give Deathstroke a boost in sales or something since he is controlling both books.
    It's already exciting that HITCH will FINALLY be off Justice League, but to have a high caliber writer like Priest take over the book makes it all the more exciting!!!

I love Priest's Deathstroke work. It's been my favorite Rebirth book, thanks to him. Glad he will still be writing it.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baycitybomber View Post
    Silencer pique my interest, and I'm glad to see Madame Xanadu back in action too. I'll also be picking up Justice League now that Priest is on it.
    Silencer does sound interesting. Especially with the Talia and Leviathan connections - I've always felt that Morrison's wrapup of that plotline felt...unwrapped up. Perhaps on purpose, but still.

I would hope that it's not just a fill-in. That would be really sad.

I agree. Especially since Priest has said he would write Batman in a heartbeat.

As for Deathstroke, Priest clearly will get another arc (so probably another 4-5 issues after December), and sales seem to have stabilized higher than expected after the shift to monthly, so things look good (which makes me incredibly happy!)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

...which is exactly the feeling I got from Seeley on Rebirth Nightwing. Very lackluster and by-the-numbers, as if he had no desire to write Dick as a superhero again instead of a spy. It's definitely time Seeley moved on to something else.

Will miss Humpries on Green Lanterns, though.
    Yeah, I had the same feeling about Seeley on Nightwing. It never really felt to me like he was putting 100% into the book after the first arc on it. He's a good enough writer that it was still a decent read but the spark just wasn't there anymore IMO. It's a shame really since I still think he's the best writer for Dick Grayson when he's not so constrained by editorial mandates.

Aftershock: Alters
    DC: Action/Batman/Batman Beyond/Blue Beetle/DoomPatrol/Flash/Gotham City Garage/GLS/JLA/Kamandi Challenge/Mister Miracle/New Super-Man/NW: The New Order/RHATO/Shade:TCG/Supergirl/Superman/Super Sons/Teen Titans/Trinity
    Dynamite: The Shadow
    Image: Scales and Scoundrels
    Lion Forge: Ab Irato/Accell/Cloudia and Rex/Incidentals/Jazz Maynard/Noble/Superb
    Valiant: Bloodshot/Eternity/Harbringer Renegade/Ninja-K/Quantum and Woody/Secret Weapons/War Mother/X-O Manowar

I think he was in a tough spot as he was basically told by editorial that if he was going to write the book to put the character back in Bludhaven and to probably use characters like Blockbuster. Those would have happened no matter who was writing it. They wanted Nightwing to go back to being "by-the-numbers" and that has to be difficult given the freedom they had on Grayson, but I respect Seeley for seeing the character through into Rebirth and writing things he wouldn't have if given the choice. I wish him well on his other DC work.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Yeah, I had the same feeling about Seeley on Nightwing. It never really felt to me like he was putting 100% into the book after the first arc on it. He's a good enough writer that it was still a decent read but the spark just wasn't there anymore IMO. It's a shame really since I still think he's the best writer for Dick Grayson when he's not so constrained by editorial mandates.
    Yep. And like you said, the first arc was great. Each one after that got worse and worse.

I think he was in a tough spot as he was basically told by editorial that if he was going to write the book to put the character back in Bludhaven and to probably use characters like Blockbuster. Those would have happened no matter who was writing it. They wanted Nightwing to go back to being "by-the-numbers" and that has to be difficult given the freedom they had on Grayson, but I respect Seeley for seeing the character through into Rebirth and writing things he wouldn't have if given the choice. I wish him well on his other DC work.
    I respect him for sticking around as well but I think this move will be good for him. He might find a bit more of that freedom he had with Grayson on Green Lanterns.

Aftershock: Alters
    DC: Action/Batman/Batman Beyond/Blue Beetle/DoomPatrol/Flash/Gotham City Garage/GLS/JLA/Kamandi Challenge/Mister Miracle/New Super-Man/NW: The New Order/RHATO/Shade:TCG/Supergirl/Superman/Super Sons/Teen Titans/Trinity
    Dynamite: The Shadow
    Image: Scales and Scoundrels
    Lion Forge: Ab Irato/Accell/Cloudia and Rex/Incidentals/Jazz Maynard/Noble/Superb
    Valiant: Bloodshot/Eternity/Harbringer Renegade/Ninja-K/Quantum and Woody/Secret Weapons/War Mother/X-O Manowar