Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    On the other hand in the November solicits we have an Annual upcoming all about Batman and Catwoman's first date, and a Super Sons solicit that has Damian receiving news that will change his life. I actually think the tea leaves lean more to her saying yes, and the desert trip is more a cleansing ritual, something Selina asks him to do to find himself completely or some such before they become official.
    King simply might not be done with CW even if she says no. And that Nov solicit ("a decision by Batman rocks Robinís world forever") may just be some outrageous won't-happen claim by Bruce that he's done with Batman or something leading into the desert thing and Superman thing.
    Thank you America for voting for change.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    When are the solicits supposed to come out officially? About a week or so from now?
    Probably this Monday.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    King simply might not be done with CW even if she says no. And that Nov solicit ("a decision by Batman rocks Robin’s world forever") may just be some outrageous won't-happen claim by Bruce that he's done with Batman or something leading into the desert thing and Superman thing.
    Well I've always said even if she says no, if they still hook up in a committed relationship regardless I'll be fine. Anything less than that will have been one long, huge, pointless tease at least, and at worst a big middle finger to readers.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

The rise of Troiaaaaaaa!!!

Welp...
    Guess this really does mean no JSA for 2017.
    "The definition of all ages is itís not just for little kids." - Greg Goldstein, President of IDW.
    Currently reading: Doom Patrol, Micronauts, ROM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

AQUAMAN #31
    "Take Back the Throne" part one! Arthur joins forces with his new ally Dolphin, his loyal frenemy Vulko, and the love of his life Mera, to rally the underworld of Atlantis and end the reign of the nefarious King Rath! But even as Rath doubles his efforts to destroy "the Aquaman," dangerous new enemies begin to emerge from unexpected places... some vying for the throne themselves!
    Buckle up, this is going to be wild. Can't wait!
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

- The Metal books all seem...interesting, but I'm still really waiting on Terrifics. Though Silencer really has me piqued given the ties to Morrison's Batman.

- Took them long enough to finally deal with the three Jokers. I guess the "artifact" Batman gets ahold of is Rorschach's journal.

- Bruce Wayne actually doing stuff as Bruce Wayne? That sounds refreshing. Also curious to see what they do with Duke and the GCPD.

- Was not expecting a sequel to the Batman/TMNT crossover...but I don't mind it either. Turtles vs. Bane, here we come .

- As I said earlier, anyone wondering when h was going to get involved in the Rebirth storyline finally get their answer.

- Vulko as Arthur's "frenemy." That's just perfect .

- Batgirl's fought the other Sirens so it was only a matter of time before she took on Harley, though given how those bouts went I doubt this is going to end with her collaring Quinn. Though when was "Maid of Mischief" Harley's Nom de Guerre ?

- King examining Batman and Superman's friendship and their contrasting ideologies should be some interesting stuff. His character work and introspective issues have definitely been better then his more action-oriented issues.

- "Daughters of Gotham?" I wonder what their deal is...a group of women spurned or hurt by men and trying to get even? Militant feminists?

- Those Christmas stories in the holiday special all sound awesome.

- Ooh! Madame Xanadu is back!

- I wonder which Rogue they're going to kill of in Flash. I'd guess it's one of the ones Williamson created. Also seems like Barry is going to find out that Cold has finally taken over all the crime in Central City. But who will betray Flash?

- I wonder how Ollie went from clearing his name to diving for sunken treasure...

- Sounds like Seeley is taking Green Lanterns in a more cosmic direction.

- I don't get switching Seeley and Humphries. Both seemed to be better fits for the books they were already on.

- It'll be cool to see the GL's squaring off against the Controllers, though I hope Ganthet and Sayd are okay.

- Priest on Justice League is awesome, and really looking forward to seeing what he does here. Just the idea of Batman actually screwing-up on-the-job is interesting and unexpected.

- I wonder who the new hero in Ray's city will turn out to be?

- I guess they're finally bringing Flag back in Suicide Squad, though it also seems like they're setting up another team death as well...

- I know Wally's death isn't going to stick, but c'mon DC, you can do better then that with him. And I hope this Donna storyline finally clarifies her proper origin.

Priest writing Justice League??? FINALLY a good writer! I really hope he's the new regular writer, he's just what the book needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

- Sounds like Seeley is taking Green Lanterns in a more cosmic direction.
    Much like Seeley being on the book at all, I think this is a bad idea.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

"Don't we at the very least deserve the right to exist?" - Doctor 13: Architecture and Morality

Astonishing Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Is Priest staying on for a long run? Looks like I will be adding JL to my pull list. It feels good to say that.

I'm going to be dropping Nightwing once Seeley leaves and switching to GLs. I'm liking what I hear from the solicits, and since I usually like the villains Seeley makes, I'm excited to see Singularity Jaine. Glad we'll be getting more non-spectrum related villains. Unless I hear very good things about Humphries on Nightwing, it hurts to say that I will be dropping Dick from my pull list, and hope something good happens for him down the road.

Supergirl's school dance sounds fun. I wonder if this is where we will see Nasty? I think that was her making a cameo in the school scene of the Rebirth issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I guess Bruce isn't getting married. First he goes on a trip through the desert, then he teams up with his oldest buddy "to see hope behind the madness". That doesn't sound like wedding bells time for him.
    I mean, I kind of think any marriage between Bruce and Selina is going to entail madness, so I wouldn't rule anything out just yet.
    I agree with Sacred Knight, that if she says no (or at least doesn't change her mind down the road) this will have been an enormous waste of time and squandering an interesting new idea that is unexplored with Bruce.

I wonder if this thing will end with Clark being Bruce's best man in some capacity?

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Much like Seeley being on the book at all, I think this is a bad idea.
    It's a GL book. They always shift more into cosmic at some point.

Though I doubt Seeley will completely drop Jessica and Simon's ties to Earth.

Spectacular Member

Priest on Justice League definitely sounds good.

Wally will be back.

The thing that is making me raise my eyebrow the most is the Supersons crossover. Is the Batman of Tomorrow Terry McGinnis? Because killing a kid doesn't sound like something he could ever justify doing to himself. I don't know, maybe the comics version is more brutal, but it still seems odd. I find it hard to believe the Teen Titans would consider it even for a second either.

However, I guess this is why Percy hasn't started a new story arc in Teen Titans. He's doing some crossover and then we'll get back to the character focused arcs. I'm getting impatient. Need me some Beast Boy arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's a GL book. They always shift more into cosmic at some point.

Though I doubt Seeley will completely drop Jessica and Simon's ties to Earth.
    No, but anytime a book changes writers, will they hang on to the supporting cast is a fair question.

Other than Doomsday Clock, Metal, and Mr. Miracle; Silencer and Immortal Men have piqued my interest. We'll see if that interest perseveres when I see their cover art.

Right now i'm thinking of dropping supergirl and teen titans.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    So Priest is on Justice League. Figured it was only a matter of time until DC put him on a more marquee book after how well received Deathstroke has been.
    Lets hope he fares better than McDuffie and fans let him write instead of throwing fits about certain members of the roster. Since they didn't do it when Hitch was there.