Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Nah. 80s, right? Wasn't even alive back then let alone into comics. Since I've been into comics I've only selectively gone back and read those older runs.
    His original ongoing and the JLI stuff is from the 80's, yes. The former has been collected in a single book, and a JLI Omnibus with a solid chunk of the era is coming out soon.

If you're more interested in more modern stuff though, that works too, because Booster Gold Vol.2 is one of my favorite comics of all time. (For the record, so is the old JLI stuff) It spins out of 52, and it nails pretty much every aspect a comic needs to. Consistently great art, AMAZING character development for Booster, both a terrific main supporting cast and great involvement from other DC heroes, and both fun and heart-wrenching stories. It's brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Bring back Waverider I say.
    You talking about Pre-Flashpoint Booster or the original Waverider? Cause I like both. Becoming Waverider I think makes a good ending for OldMichael, especially since I've realized that NuBooster could be scrapped, and they could just bring in the real Michael from his younger days. And the original Waverider is just a riot. He earned my fandom forever the time he had to babysit Impulse and Ray Palmer when they were turned into toddlers.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

Please refer to me with gender neutral pronouns.

Astonishing Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

King and Priest tackling Clark that month is pretty intriguing. Particularly the latter, as I really liked how he wrote him in Deathstroke. Clark basically flew in, dick slapped Slade and Adeline, and flew back out. It was pretty awesome.

The solicit in King's books is a tad worrying, but King doesn't write Bruce as a one note spoiled rich brat, so I doubt he will write Clark as being naive.

That Doomsday Clock solicit makes me think we will be seeing the multiple Jokers thing being address. As long as Superman remains the main focus, I don't mind the rest of the DCU getting in on the action. I mean, the World's Finest friendship not being present in a story where Superman battles the cynicism influenced by Watchmen wouldn't seem right. And with Joker and Lex present, can Barbara Ann show up in some capacity pretty please? That cool looking Rorschach cover did have Diana's symbol with Bruce and Clark's.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 09-13-2017 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    King and Priest tackling Clark that month is pretty intriguing. Particularly the latter, as I really liked how he wrote him in Deathstroke. Clark basically flew in, dick slapped Slade and Adeline, and flew back out. It was pretty awesome.

The solicit in King's books is a tad worrying, but King doesn't write Bruce as a one note spoiled rich brat, so I doubt he will write Clark as being naive.

That Doomsday Clock solicit makes me think we will be seeing the multiple Jokers thing being address
    . As long as Superman remains the main focus, I don't mind the rest of the DCU getting in on the action. I mean, the World's Finest friendship not being present in a story where Superman battles the cynicism influenced by Watchmen wouldn't seem right. And with Joker and Lex present, can Barbara Ann show up in some capacity pretty please? That cool looking Rorschach cover did have Diana's symbol with Bruce and Clark's.
    Nah, Johns seems to make it clear in interviews that the three joker story is separate from doomsday clock, though I guess it's possible he may tease it in doomsday clock.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    King's mentioned Superman's his white whale as a character, so I don't expect he's going to go with a take on him as actually particularly naive.
    Yeah I don't think so either. I've been really, truly looking forward to seeing King take on Superman so I'm stoked.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    But that's the point. Solicit frames the two comments as myopic generalizations of the uninitiated. Norman Rockwell's Heartland isn't an actual thing these days, but the outsider's perspective that perpetuates it is alive and well, and that's the point. Both comments are short sighted jabs that grossly misrepresent and distorts real aspects of both characters (Bruce is and has always been rich, and continues to have a butler. Clark did grow up on a farm and, regardless of what he's gone through, he does have an idealized way of looking at what the world is and can be) rather than actual assessments of who they are.

For me at least, I see no issue with the solicit when put into context what the story seems to be about. A falling out between the two.
    Fair point. I'm very optimistic about this. I'm sure both those generalizations are meant to set up something that will distort both ideas. I just wish that wasn't such a prevalent generalization, ya know? A lot of lesser writers have used it as a means to really undermine the concept and character.

Regardless, this will be a great read.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

Hi-Fi Fight Club Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever's Avatar

King writing Superman and Priest writing Justice League is a pleasant surprise.
    Creativity without constraint comes with responsibility. We do not make art in a vacuum isolated from sociopolitical context - RG

Astonishing Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Nah, Johns seems to make it clear in interviews that the three joker story is separate from doomsday clock, though I guess it's possible he may tease it in doomsday clock.
    Oh that's right, I forgot that that was mentioned in an interview.

Oh, and Mann is totally wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    You talking about Pre-Flashpoint Booster or the original Waverider? Cause I like both. Becoming Waverider I think makes a good ending for OldMichael, especially since I've realized that NuBooster could be scrapped, and they could just bring in the real Michael from his younger days. And the original Waverider is just a riot. He earned my fandom forever the time he had to babysit Impulse and Ray Palmer when they were turned into toddlers.
    The original Waverider was great. I'd say of all the heroes who at some point played Clark's right hand, he was up there with Steel. Using the Linear Men in Time and Time Again, then to oppose Dominus, and also facilitating the Armageddon annuals makes him my favorite of the Jurgens cast.

Booster, I guess I never really think of myself as a fan, but then I end up enjoying his antics anyway. I hope he actually brings levity.

Astonishing Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I'm really looking forward to the Batman/Superman 2 parter. I expect a lot of repetitions in Clark's dialogues.

Astonishing Member

(Thanks to Jon11 in the Lois and Clark thread for these)

The covers for Action Comics and Batman have been supplied by Newsarama

Jurgens and Trevor Scott on cover art duty!

ACTION COMICS #993
    Written by DAN JURGENS
    Art by BRETT BOOTH and JOE PRADO
    Cover by DAN JURGENS and TREVOR SCOTT
    Variant cover by NEIL EDWARDS and JAY LEISTEN
    “BOOSTER SHOT” part one! As Superman struggles to cope with Mr. Oz’s true identity, the Man of Steel turns to the only “hero” he knows who can prove once and for all if Oz’s story is true: Booster Gold! But a massive power doesn’t want our heroes venturing through time, and will do anything it can to sabotage their journey!
    On sale DECEMBER 13 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

ACTION COMICS #994
    Written by DAN JURGENS
    Art by BRETT BOOTH and JOE PRADO
    Cover by DAN JURGENS and TREVOR SCOTT
    Variant cover by NEIL EDWARDS and JAY LEISTEN
    “BOOSTER SHOT” part two! It’s the time-hopping team-up of Superman and Booster Gold—and on their quest to verify Mr. Oz’s identity, a mysterious force attempts to sabotage the journey! This time (pun!) our heroes wind up in the crosshairs of a deadly new villain—the time wraith responsible for their tumultuous journey!
    On sale DECEMBER 27 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

BATMAN #36
    Written by TOM KING
    Art and covers by CLAY MANN
    Variant covers by OLIVIER COIPEL
    “SUPERFRIENDS” part one! Batman and Superman. For so many years they’ve fought together for justice. Sometimes, they’ve even fought each other. Now, from the creators who broke your heart in “The Ballad of Kite Man” comes a look at how the flaws of each frightens the other and how the hope in each inspires the other. Don’t miss this two-part event that everyone will be talking about as the relationship between these two men is forever changed.
    On sale DECEMBER 6 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

BATMAN #37
    Written by TOM KING
    Art and cover by CLAY MANN
    Variant cover by OLIVIER COIPEL
    “SUPERFRIENDS” part two! The stunning conclusion to the two-part story. Torn apart by betrayal, Batman and Superman try to find a way back to friendship, to trust. Both understand that the future of the DCU depends on this relationship; both understand that without the help of the other, their lives will fall apart. And yet, one is still the spoiled rich boy, and the other is still the naive farm boy. Men from two worlds confront each other and try to see the hope behind the madness.
    On sale DECEMBER 20 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Source: Newsarama.

Action Comics: A sensible and intriguing direction post Oz Effect. Superman investigating whether Oz really is Jor-El makes perfect sense and Jurgens loves Booster Gold as much as Superman so his passion for both characters should be clear. But it feels weird that I'm more excited for Action Comics than Superman currently when last year it was the other way around.

Super Sons of Tomorrow: Another crossover? I was hoping for more individual focused stories like Imperious Lex. And as it's been said, the time travel stories where someone has turned evil in the future have already been overused in DC Rebirth recently. It's just bad timing unfortunately.

Doomsday Clock: So long as Superman is the focus, I'm fine with other DCU characters getting their time to shine. I just hope we get some answers and it's not too gimmicky given the risks being taken.

Superfriends: I'm uneasy with King writing Superman as well though mainly because of what his Batman run has been about. There's definitely potential if King is on point with his writing but the spoiled rich boy/naive farm boy are instant alarm bells for how the story will portray Superman and Batman respectively.

Justice League: I remember Priest once saying he wouldn't really want to write Justice League because he'd make it too serious and realistic but I guess that opinion has changed. I admit it would be interesting to see what Priest does with the Justice League though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    maybe its time for Tomasi and Gleason to go back to a Bat-title.
    Yeah... Maybe is time... Gleason should continue with his old plans in Robin Son of Batman.. Or better after the end if this rebirth..

https://twitter.com/patrick_gleason/...57087854116864
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-14-2017 at 06:57 AM.

I'll admit Tomasi and Gleason could be doing better as of late but I don't want them gone from the Superman title yet. Imperious Lex looks promising and they have written the best Superman stories in Rebirth so far. It's true they do seem very comfortable using Bat characters hence them popping up in Superman a lot but the Superman stuff has been good too.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Wow ! I'm excited for all of these. ..especially Jurgens writing the first Rebirth Booster appearance!
    Last edited by Gotham Thrasher; 09-14-2017 at 11:30 AM.
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Forgot to mentioned it, i'm glad that Booster Gold is back