Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Superman is described as a naive farmboy, oh boy that is not going to be received well here is it?

Love Action Comics and Superman. Looking forward to December!
    Pull List: Superman, Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics,Titans, Flash, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Youngblood.

Wife's pull list: Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    You misunderstand do try some civility not everyone's 1st language is English
    I apologise. He edited the post to state that he was interested in the titles, not that I had'nt listed them.

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    Superman is described as a naive farmboy, oh boy that is not going to be received well here is it?
    Well like I said, I'm trying to remain centered and understand that King does not write the solicits. But if it does reflect the content to any degree, then no, it will not be appreciated to say the least. Frankly neither would "spoiled rich boy".
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Astonishing Member

Do creators have input into solicits?

I don't think it's as simple as a copy boy reads the cliff notes of an upcoming issue.

Well, I guess we finally have our answer for when Booster is going to get involved with the Rebirth storyline .

New Super-Man is all I normally read (Because it's amazing and I'm looking forward to the climax of the book's ongoing plotline and what comes next), but for December, I'm pulling Action Comics because Michael Jon Carter is back, and I'm VERY excited. Especially since Jurgens is gonna be writing him again. Let's just hope he doesn't write him like he's written NuBooster in the past.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

Please refer to me with gender neutral pronouns.

Is it just me or does that super sons crossover sound like a story that has been done over and over recently? Civil War, recent Action Comics arc..I don't know, just went they went a different route. I'm glad to get more Jon I guess.

Its not you. Its been done to absolute death this past year just within DC alone, and why I'm highly considering skipping it outright. Not to mention I'm growing increasingly tired of Batman and Damian around in the Superman title more often than not. That's just as tedious. Considering their love of the characters and needing them around so much, and all the other recent issues with this title, maybe its time for Tomasi and Gleason to go back to a Bat-title.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-13-2017 at 01:34 PM.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Is it just me or does that super sons crossover sound like a story that has been done over and over recently? Civil War, recent Action Comics arc..I don't know, just went they went a different route. I'm glad to get more Jon I guess.
    Yeah, I've had it up to here with "bad futures", we know virtually none of them stick...except maybe the world of Batman Beyond, and that future itself is more a grey area.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Tomasi and Gleason to go back to a Bat-title.
    Can we just not have Tomasi anywhere near EITHER franchise? Pretty please.

I don't read most Super titles so I don't know how prevalent Bruce and Damian are in the books, but I understand the frustration.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

Please refer to me with gender neutral pronouns.

They've been in or had their presence felt in every single major arc. Only places they've had no role to speak of were interlude, stand-alone issues, and the short Dinosaur Island story. It sounds like Imperius Lex might be the first where they don't play a role, but I wouldn't be surprised if again, their presence is felt somehow like they did in the Eradicator arc (which at the time didn't seem so bad because it had yet to become the norm).

Wait I take that back, they might not have been in Multiplicity, either. I can't quite recall. But still they've had way too large a presence. With that said, from a characterization point of view, the idea of Damian seemingly siding with and protecting Jon here seems to be a cool evolution of their relationship, something I've been waiting for, but the time travel element is played and I just wish it was confined to SS and TT. I'm at peace with from now on one of the Superman titles being highly family-oriented. But it might be a better idea to do a lot more with Superboy and his mother perhaps, as opposed to the Batverse. Then again I always knew this would happen and Lois would get left out largely over time.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-13-2017 at 01:41 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'll be reading King's BATMAN and the JL book. I guess I'll get a little Superman this month!
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    That's beyond cringe worthy but I feel like King can do something interesting with Superman. Hopefully this is just weird solictation language from some PR fella.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

DOOMSDAY CLOCK #2
    DC and Watchmen characters collide at last! The story that began in DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH #1 comes to a thrilling and unexpected crescendo in the pages of this titanic twelve-issue series by the all-star team that brought you BATMAN: EARTH ONE and SHAZAM!
    In this second chapter: The Dark Knight discovers another relic from the Watchmen world. Lex Luthor pays a devil's bargain. And killer clowns trek through Gotham seeking a madman.
    RATED T+
    I maintain cautious optimism. Very interested in the bit about Lex's deal with the devil.

DARK NIGHTS METAL #5
    The Justice League faces the final extinguishing of our world, invaded on all sides by unimaginable nightmares, fueled on to the edge of oblivion only by the belief that there must be a light in the endless darkness-somewhere. But...what if there's not?
    FOIL-STAMPED, EMBOSSED COVER
    RATED T+
    Not gonna lie, issue 1 didn't do too much for me, but issue 2 was a LOT of fun. This honestly does feel like a DC event that happens to spin directly out of the Batman world.

ACTION COMICS #993
    "BOOSTER SHOT" part one! As Superman struggles to cope with Mr. Oz's true identity, the Man of Steel turns to the only "hero" he knows who can prove once and for all if Oz's story is true: Booster Gold! But a massive power doesn't want our heroes venturing through time, and will do anything it can to sabotage their journey!
    RATED T

ACTION COMICS #994
    >"BOOSTER SHOT" part two! It's the time-hopping team-up of Superman and Booster Gold-and on their quest to verify Mr. Oz's identity, a mysterious force attempts to sabotage the journey! This time (pun!) our heroes wind up in the crosshairs of a deadly new villain-the time wraith responsible for their tumultuous journey!
    RATED T
    Not super interested. Depends on the art. I'm only a fan of Booster in theory. Never actually read a story outside of maybe 52 where I actually liked him.

BATMAN #36
    "SUPERFRIENDS" part one! Batman and Superman. For so many years they've fought together for justice. Sometimes, they've even fought each other. Now, from the creators who broke your heart in "The Ballad of Kite Man" comes a look at how the flaws of each frightens the other and how the hope in each inspires the other. Don't miss this two-part event that everyone will be talking about as the relationship between these two men is forever changed.
    RATED T

BATMAN #37
    "SUPERFRIENDS" part two! The stunning conclusion to the two-part story. Torn apart by betrayal, Batman and Superman try to find a way back to friendship, to trust. Both understand that the future of the DCU depends on this relationship; both understand that without the help of the other, their lives will fall apart. And yet, one is still the spoiled rich boy, and the other is still the naive farm boy. Men from two worlds confront each other and try to see the hope behind the madness.
    RATED T
    Take my got damn money this instant, do you understand!!! Tom King and Clay Man doing a personal Batman/Superman story for a whole month?! The simple prospect of King writing Superman for two glorious issues is enough to have me salivating, but the idea that this story is gonna have some King-brand emotional heft to it has me crazy hype!!

JUSTICE LEAGUE #34
    [(W) Christopher Priest (A) Pete Woods (CA) TBD]
    "LOST" part one! When the Justice League is confronted by three concurrent threats, a sleep-deprived Batman makes a crucial error that causes an unthinkable-and potentially unforgivable-tragedy. Legendary Eisner Award-nominated writer Christopher Priest (Deathstroke) is joined by artist Pete Woods for a brand-new must-read Justice League story like you've never seen before!
    RATED T

JUSTICE LEAGUE #35
    [(W) Christopher Priest (A) Pete Woods (CA) TBD]
    "LOST" part two! Still greatly affected by the shocking events of the previous issue, the Justice League attempts to regain its balance when an alien infestation threatens the Earth. But nothing can prepare them for an attack closer to home... one that will reveal devastating truths about the League itself!
    RATED T
    TAKE MY GOT DAMN MONEY, DC. Why is this month so damn HYPE?!

SUPERMAN #37
    "SUPER SONS OF TOMORROW" part one! The four-part crossover between Superman, the Super Sons and the Teen Titans starts here! The Batman of Tomorrow travels to the present to prevent a cataclysmic disaster before it happens, revealing that Superboy will soon be responsible for the death of millions. But Superman will do anything to protect his son... and the Batman of Tomorrow is unwavering in his resolve to take down the Boy of Steel. Don't miss a clash of titanic proportion in the opening chapter of this game-changing story!
    RATED T

SUPER SONS #11
    "SUPER SONS OF TOMORROW" part two! The Super Sons are on the run after discovering Superboy's dark destiny. Will Robin be able to protect his friend from the Batman of Tomorrow?
    RATED T

TEEN TITANS #15
    "SUPER SONS OF TOMORROW" part three! The Batman of Tomorrow reveals himself to the Teen Titans to recruit them to his cause. But the reunion gives way to the big question: is the life of an innocent child worth more than the lives of millions? It's the Teen Titans vs. the Super Sons in the battle you've been waiting for!
    RATED T
    HYPE levels at critical mass!! Explosion from hype very much a possibility.

Obligatory? Yes. Cliche? You bet your got damn ass it is. Do we already know how it will end? Yessir. Am I gonna love it regardless? Ding ding ding! Ever since Jon Kent as Superboy was even a concept I've been waiting for this particular story line. I've been so down on the Superman book lately that this right here is pretty crucial to me staying on. I think I physically NEED this arc to be good.

Please, Tomasi and Gleason, don't f#&k with me. You're playing with my emotions.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 09-13-2017 at 02:59 PM.
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

"Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."

-Coffee That