Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    It's one thing for a sense of humour to miss the mark over Twitter or interviews but this was a free for all conversation where King's true colours seem to be emerging regarding Superman.
    As DOP pointed out, King went out of his way to mention Superman, give him a thematic shout out, homage him, and just straight up--unprovoked--say Superman is his most sought after project in comics. Seems kind of odd to call these his "true colors" while these a sizable amount of evidence show that his feelings on the character are far more complex and lean towards fondness than this one time would suggest.

That should be a cause of concern for someone who is writing a Superman guest appearance story in the next 2 months.
    If the idea is that King has the balls to take off the rose colored glasses and prestige for the character, and look at the inherent flaws would be the kind of thing I'd want out of the Super Friends arc. It's pretty clearly an arc based partly on deconstruction, and partly on the hope of reconstruction. You need to be able to do a bit more than go on about how super he is to make that arc compelling and worth it.

Moreover, Miller's face didn't look like he was in on a joke, it looked like he was genuinely surprised with King's persistence about Superman.
    I doubt they had a line reading before they went up there. King probably thought about saying that a bit after the thing started or maybe after he learned he'd be up there with Mller.

Edit: King has also admitted to being a bigger Marvel fan than a DC fan, he grew up on Avengers and X-Men comics by his own admission. The only comics he's written for DC have either been Batman or Jack Kirby/Alan Moore stuff like Mister Miracle and Omega Men.
    And? Grant Morrison likes Flash, Batman, and maybe even Animal Man as his favorites before Superman. Not everyone needs to be Dan Jurgens or Mark Waid level fans to be able to write Superman well. He cites All Star Superman as one of the best stories of all time. That might even be where he got into the character. I mean, is that so freakin bad? I most assuredly only really liked/got the character after All Star. Before that he was just a character who had a pretty cool super old cartoon.

King has contradicted his own word on multiple occasions so his word is not as trustworthy as you seem to think.
    So why this singular blip means so much to you in the face of everything else is beyond me.
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

"Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."

-Coffee That

PM me if you tryina mix it up in SFV (and Dragon Ball FighterZ). Just know: the hypa bomb takes no prisoners.

Astonishing Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    If the idea is that King has the balls to take off the rose colored glasses and prestige for the character, and look at the inherent flaws would be the kind of thing I'd want out of the Super Friends arc. It's pretty clearly an arc based partly on deconstruction, and partly on the hope of reconstruction. You need to be able to do a bit more than go on about how super he is to make that arc compelling and worth it.
    And the solicit indicates that he's going to be doing the same thing with Batman, and he even kind of already has. It hasn't gone over too well some segments of that fandom. So at least, if he does this, Superman won't be alone in that regard.

I think it's also pretty obvious he has a great liking for Dick Grayson and is one of the best writers for that character...and he still had him get taken out by Bane.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    And the solicit indicates that he's going to be doing the same thing with Batman, and he even kind of already has. It hasn't gone over too well some segments of that fandom. So at least, if he does this, Superman won't be alone in that regard.
    Exactly. I mean what would be the point if the Super Friends arc ended up just being the masturbatory gratification of these two characters from page one on? In the face of all that's happening in Metal that would be a giant waste of an story.
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

"Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."

-Coffee That

PM me if you tryina mix it up in SFV (and Dragon Ball FighterZ). Just know: the hypa bomb takes no prisoners.