Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Superman December Solicitations 2017

December's solicitations leaked earlier today on Previewsworld. The mistake has been corrected, but 4chan were able to save them, so here they are

DOOMSDAY CLOCK #2
    DC and Watchmen characters collide at last! The story that began in DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH #1 comes to a thrilling and unexpected crescendo in the pages of this titanic twelve-issue series by the all-star team that brought you BATMAN: EARTH ONE and SHAZAM!
    In this second chapter: The Dark Knight discovers another relic from the Watchmen world. Lex Luthor pays a devil's bargain. And killer clowns trek through Gotham seeking a madman.
    RATED T+

DARK NIGHTS METAL #5
    The Justice League faces the final extinguishing of our world, invaded on all sides by unimaginable nightmares, fueled on to the edge of oblivion only by the belief that there must be a light in the endless darkness-somewhere. But...what if there's not?
    FOIL-STAMPED, EMBOSSED COVER
    RATED T+

ACTION COMICS #993
    "BOOSTER SHOT" part one! As Superman struggles to cope with Mr. Oz's true identity, the Man of Steel turns to the only "hero" he knows who can prove once and for all if Oz's story is true: Booster Gold! But a massive power doesn't want our heroes venturing through time, and will do anything it can to sabotage their journey!
    RATED T

ACTION COMICS #994
    >"BOOSTER SHOT" part two! It's the time-hopping team-up of Superman and Booster Gold-and on their quest to verify Mr. Oz's identity, a mysterious force attempts to sabotage the journey! This time (pun!) our heroes wind up in the crosshairs of a deadly new villain-the time wraith responsible for their tumultuous journey!
    RATED T

BATMAN #36
    "SUPERFRIENDS" part one! Batman and Superman. For so many years they've fought together for justice. Sometimes, they've even fought each other. Now, from the creators who broke your heart in "The Ballad of Kite Man" comes a look at how the flaws of each frightens the other and how the hope in each inspires the other. Don't miss this two-part event that everyone will be talking about as the relationship between these two men is forever changed.
    RATED T

BATMAN #37
    "SUPERFRIENDS" part two! The stunning conclusion to the two-part story. Torn apart by betrayal, Batman and Superman try to find a way back to friendship, to trust. Both understand that the future of the DCU depends on this relationship; both understand that without the help of the other, their lives will fall apart. And yet, one is still the spoiled rich boy, and the other is still the naive farm boy. Men from two worlds confront each other and try to see the hope behind the madness.
    RATED T

JUSTICE LEAGUE #34
    [(W) Christopher Priest (A) Pete Woods (CA) TBD]
    "LOST" part one! When the Justice League is confronted by three concurrent threats, a sleep-deprived Batman makes a crucial error that causes an unthinkable-and potentially unforgivable-tragedy. Legendary Eisner Award-nominated writer Christopher Priest (Deathstroke) is joined by artist Pete Woods for a brand-new must-read Justice League story like you've never seen before!
    RATED T

JUSTICE LEAGUE #35
    [(W) Christopher Priest (A) Pete Woods (CA) TBD]
    "LOST" part two! Still greatly affected by the shocking events of the previous issue, the Justice League attempts to regain its balance when an alien infestation threatens the Earth. But nothing can prepare them for an attack closer to home... one that will reveal devastating truths about the League itself!
    RATED T

NEW SUPER-MAN #18
    "EQUILIBRIUM" finale! Kenan Kong and the Justice League of China have faced so many threats since their debut-but none so great as the forces All-Yang have unleashed! It will take all the New Super-Man of China has learned to defeat All-Yang and the demigod invasion of the west, and our young hero will face a choice: save the world, or save himself. Don't miss this thrilling concluding chapter to see where this adventure ends-and where the next begins!
    RATED T

SUPERGIRL #16
    "PLAIN SIGHT" part two! Public pressure runs high and there's no debate-you're either for Supergirl or against her! As the people of National City divide over their feelings on Supergirl, the teen hero finds it increasingly hard to balance her daily life with her role as her city's protector. With the DEO and fellow intern Ben Rubel closing in on her secret identity and the added pressures of Catco's internship, the last thing on Supergirl's mind is an upcoming school dance that's more trouble than expected.
    RATED T

SUPERWOMAN #17
    "THE MIDNIGHT HOUR" part three! An inextricable link between Superwoman and the villainous Midnight may be the only hope in stopping the destruction of Metropolis. Raging with the power to swallow cities or entire planets into the black hole inside her, Midnight looms for Superwoman. Can she make it to dawn?
    RATED T

SUPERMAN #36
    "Imperius Lex" finale! Votes begin to be cast in Kryptonian blood as Apokolips' hordes of hellish residents choose a new leader to occupy Darkseid's throne. The Man of Steel finds himself caught in a violent democratic battle with Lex Luthor leading the race for godhood!
    RATED T

SUPERMAN #37
    "SUPER SONS OF TOMORROW" part one! The four-part crossover between Superman, the Super Sons and the Teen Titans starts here! The Batman of Tomorrow travels to the present to prevent a cataclysmic disaster before it happens, revealing that Superboy will soon be responsible for the death of millions. But Superman will do anything to protect his son... and the Batman of Tomorrow is unwavering in his resolve to take down the Boy of Steel. Don't miss a clash of titanic proportion in the opening chapter of this game-changing story!
    RATED T

SUPER SONS #11
    "SUPER SONS OF TOMORROW" part two! The Super Sons are on the run after discovering Superboy's dark destiny. Will Robin be able to protect his friend from the Batman of Tomorrow?
    RATED T

TEEN TITANS #15
    "SUPER SONS OF TOMORROW" part three! The Batman of Tomorrow reveals himself to the Teen Titans to recruit them to his cause. But the reunion gives way to the big question: is the life of an innocent child worth more than the lives of millions? It's the Teen Titans vs. the Super Sons in the battle you've been waiting for!
    RATED T

TRINITY #16
    "OLD ACQUAINTANCE"! It's New Year's Eve, and as the snow falls on New York City our Trinity reunites to save the life of someone completely unexpected-one of the DC Universe's coldest killers: Deadshot!
    RATED T

Source
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 09-13-2017 at 11:16 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Since I'm a big Batman reader, it will be interesting to see what King does with a Superman/Batman arc.
    Thank you America for voting for change.

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

Action: Awesome. Love Booster.

Superman Imperius Lex: Still looks great despite the wait.

Super Sons of Tomorrow arc. Meh. These time travel storylines where someone's turned terrible are getting tedious. We're getting something very similar to this in Justice League already. I'm thinking after Imperius Lex, Superman is going to become a case-by-case basis for me till a new team.

And I know wording of solicits aren't definitive on a story's content, but the Superman guest appearance in the Batman two-parter inspires a lot of heebie-jeebies.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-13-2017 at 10:46 AM.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Not feeling Superman comics at all lately. These sound dark and boring, and I really don't want story after story about different members of the Superman family being evil, first Jor-El and then Jon. Stories are also constantly focused on male pairs: Superman/Jon, Superman/Lex, etc. I feel like the balance is off too. Lois barely gets anything to do, and Metropolis/DP fade into the background. Long stretches are set aside for these big storylines across time and space, and that's fine. Superman is meant to be a mix of the cosmic and the grounded. I just wish we could spend more time exploring other characters and other sides of these characters.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Oh and:

"And yet, one is still the spoiled rich boy, and the other is still the naive farm boy"

Hard pass.
    Yea, though this may be just DC marketing lingo, I hope DC can pull both Batman and Superman from such generalization stereotypes.
    Thank you America for voting for change.

I gave it a little thought and I amended my statement because its not fair to give up on something because of a solicit. As its not like the writer himself wrote that. So as of now I'm just concerned. But we'll see.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Just how many plots in just one year are going to revolve around a future where someone becomes evil? Lex was prophesied to become Darkseid or something like that, and Superman had to save him from the Godslayer. Diana may have caused the future of the Justice League's children to become a wasteland, so the kids go back in time to stop her. Jon might be evil, so someone has to stop him. Enough!

Yeah, I usually love potential future storylines but they've really overused it this year.

Astonishing Member

I'm quite excited to see King write Superman, and the fact he's going to be in "Kite Man" mode for it gives me a thrill.

You are forgetting the TEEN TITANS with Supersons of Tomorrow part 3..

I WANT TO SEE

DOOMSDAY CLOCK/DARK KNIGHT METALS (Maybe...)
    ACTION COMICS
    BATMAN
    JUSTICE LEAGUE
    NEW SUPER-MAN
    SUPERGIRL
    SUPERMAN 36
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-13-2017 at 11:26 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    You are forgetting the TEEN TITANS with Supersons of Tomorrow part 3..
    Added.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    DOOMSDAY CLOCK/DARK KNIGHT METALS (Maybe...)
    ACTION COMICS
    BATMAN
    JUSTICE LEAGUE
    NEW SUPER-MAN
    SUPERGIRL
    SUPERMAN 36
    What are you talking about? They were all listed initially, you should have gone to specsavers.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 09-13-2017 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Added.

What are you talking about? They were all listed initially, you should have gone to specsavers.
    I want to see these comics(supergirl art is better now ), I put this now..

With Superman only the end of IMPERIUS LEX. I am out of Supersons.
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-13-2017 at 11:31 AM.

Fantastic Member

Batman sounds really interesting, really looking forward to see how Tom King writes Superman.

I don't know if I'm liking that Super Sons solicit. I expected to see Damian and Jon in the future but I'm not convinced by this "Jon is evil" twist. I wanted something more fun.

I'm not liking Superman a lot lately, since Gleason is not drawing it I think the book really shines with his art.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Added.

You misunderstand do try some civility not everyone's 1st language is English

I'm less hyped than I would have been a year ago, considering King's Batman run has been widely considered kinda a letdown. That doesn't necessarily have to reflect at all on what he'd do with Superman I understand, just that the general shine is kinda gone. And now there's that concerning solicit as well which leaves me unsure how he'll portray Clark. If King does end up having that naive farmboy mentality with him, then I'll be fine with him staying away from Superman generally.