Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 45 of 45
  1. #31
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    Can she have been the god of war if she never killed the god of war? And can she have killed the god of war if said god of war isn't actually dead?
    Well, after reading Metul #2 we learned that Final Crisis is somehow still in continuity in some form...

  2. #32
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Well, after reading Metul #2 we learned that Final Crisis is somehow still in continuity in some form...
    I'm not reading Metal - isn't about the multiverse/dark multiverse? Is that how Final Crisis is still in continuity or is it in continuity in the current DCU?

    It would help if DC could make up theor minds and stick to one continuity for awhile.

  3. #33
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Not really an issue.

    If we have not read her having the powers then actually being discounted, we can only make a set of assumptions as to if they(or anything like them) did or did not exist for a time.

    It would be like assuming for certain that she was not an Amazon during that time.
    I don't follow your reasoning here. If Ares isn't dead, she can't have killed him, right? What does that have to do with assuming she was not an Amazon?

  4. #34
    Invincible Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    I don't follow your reasoning here. If Ares isn't dead, she can't have killed him, right? What does that have to do with assuming she was not an Amazon?
    Assuming she was not an Amazon is the same as assuming she never had the powers.

    We have zero information on either of them. For all we know, powers could have been a part of the illusion. We have a helm that belonged to Ares that came from somewhere. It would also be impossible to maintain an illusion if she tried to use a power only to see she does not actually have it. That would create a bunch of questions.

    We'd need way more information than we currently have to be able to conclusively rule out that she ever had those powers(even if she didn't get them the way we/she thought).

  5. #35
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Assuming she was not an Amazon is the same as assuming she never had the powers.

    We have zero information on either of them. For all we know, powers could have been a part of the illusion. We have a helm that belonged to Ares that came from somewhere. It would also be impossible to maintain an illusion if she tried to use a power only to see she does not actually have it. That would create a bunch of questions.

    We'd need way more information than we currently have to be able to conclusively rule out that she ever had those powers(even if she didn't get them the way we/she thought).
    I agree that we can't really say much conclusively - especially given the fact that DC changes the "facts" at any given moment.

    But I still don't really understand your suggestion of saying she was not an Amazon. Sure, I suppose anything is possible at this point.

    The helmet is easy enough to write off (should they choose). We don't know for sure if it ever truly belonged to the real Ares, just that it looks like the same helmet from the Ares in nu52.

    Continuity changes often feel like cleaning out the garage - were there's more mess than cleaning.

  6. #36
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    I'm not reading Metal - isn't about the multiverse/dark multiverse? Is that how Final Crisis is still in continuity or is it in continuity in the current DCU?

    It would help if DC could make up theor minds and stick to one continuity for awhile.
    No, Batman mentions that the reason Bat-Demon is after him, is because of the Omega Sanction Darkseid blasted him with (which was in FC and played out in the Return of Bruce Wayne) and the demon 'saw him' in the past and has been coming ever since. Bruce intended to get Babyseid to blast him again and send him back so Bruce could stop himself from being seen and stopping it all before it happens.

    It would, but Scott Snyder has always used Morrisons Batman run as his crutch.

  7. #37
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    No, Batman mentions that the reason Bat-Demon is after him, is because of the Omega Sanction Darkseid blasted him with (which was in FC and played out in the Return of Bruce Wayne) and the demon 'saw him' in the past and has been coming ever since. Bruce intended to get Babyseid to blast him again and send him back so Bruce could stop himself from being seen and stopping it all before it happens.

    It would, but Scott Snyder has always used Morrisons Batman run as his crutch.
    Get zapped into the past to stop himself that got zapped into the past from being seen? Lol. Comics, you are a mess.

    Thanks for the summary.

  8. #38
    Invincible Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    I agree that we can't really say much conclusively - especially given the fact that DC changes the "facts" at any given moment.

    But I still don't really understand your suggestion of saying she was not an Amazon. Sure, I suppose anything is possible at this point.

    The helmet is easy enough to write off (should they choose). We don't know for sure if it ever truly belonged to the real Ares, just that it looks like the same helmet from the Ares in nu52.

    Continuity changes often feel like cleaning out the garage - were there's more mess than cleaning.
    It's a similar sort of assertion to "Diana never had that set of powers." My response in either instance would be the same...

    "Okay. What is there that seriously points to that being the case?'

    We have some stuff that points to that Diana may never have had the power set, but that's really about it.

  9. #39
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    It's a similar sort of assertion to "Diana never had that set of powers." My response in either instance would be the same...

    "Okay. What is there that seriously points to that being the case?'

    We have some stuff that points to that Diana may never have had the power set, but that's really about it.
    You're right, we only have a little to go on at this point, and what we have may even be conflicting. Rucka's approach seemed to be primarily that much of what came before was a "lie." But, with Johns and Robinson moving forward with Jason, some of nu52 - namely Diana's father - seems to still be in play.

    My impression, with both nu52 and again with Rebirth, is that DC lacks a clear plan and wings much of it as they go. But, I'm sure they can just chalk it up to Dr. Manhattan meddling with reality.

  10. #40
    Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    I'm not reading Metal - isn't about the multiverse/dark multiverse? Is that how Final Crisis is still in continuity or is it in continuity in the current DCU?

    It would help if DC could make up theor minds and stick to one continuity for awhile.
    Here's all you need to know about Metal: there's a new kind of metal introduced called Batmanium. I'm not making that up.

    On one hand I feel like a stick in the mud for calling out silly concepts in comics, a medium that thrived on super silliness once upon a time. But man is that silly.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

  11. #41
    Mighty Member RealWonderman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Here's all you need to know about Metal: there's a new kind of metal introduced called Batmanium. I'm not making that up.

    On one hand I feel like a stick in the mud for calling out silly concepts in comics, a medium that thrived on super silliness once upon a time. But man is that silly.
    Wait...for real?
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

  12. #42
    Mighty Member sakuyamons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Wait...for real?
    Yes.

    There is also cenobite Batman and demonic Robins.

  13. #43
    Mighty Member Gemini's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I hope we see Diana throw down with Granny Goodness in "Children of the Gods".
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Ugh... The only thing that could get me excited for Darkseid in the Wonder Woman comics is if the Female Furies appear.

    If either of these things happen I'd buy every issue but i just don't care about the New Gods or Darkseid very much and I have hard time seeing how this self contained story is gonna even do such a large scale story justice esp if its only 5(?) or so issues?

    Something about this rebirth timeline for her just seems clumsy. Leaving so much hanging with the n52 and then having Rucka's redo of everything to come back to something else while Diana is cut off from Themyscira. I'd rather they spent more time on filler than trying to shoe horn in another big storyline after all thats been happening. I feel like no one gets time to catch up and really understand all thats going on with Diana.
    Last edited by Gemini; 09-18-2017 at 08:49 PM.

  14. #44
    Heir of Batman adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    3,079

    Default

    I liked the appearance of Darkseid Baby in Metal but... FINALLY DARKSEID IS HERE AGAIN..

  15. #45
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I liked the appearance of Darkseid Baby in Metal but... FINALLY DARKSEID IS HERE AGAIN..
    His diapers fill up with the purest evil.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •