Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 50
  1. #31
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That wasn't actually Mar-Vell though. That was his son, Genis.
    As I said - it's been so long I've forgotten the details!

  2. #32
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    :shrugs: I've never liked him. but the people who do like him, seem to think that he's that important (he'd have to be to have so many false returns). his death was certainly a big deal. plus he has "Marvel" in his name.
    The fact that his death was such a big deal, and so meaningful, is exactly why it's so hard for him to come back. Marvel wouldn't want to undo Starlin's work.

  3. #33
    Astonishing Member vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    No I think you misunderstand. Susan, Ben and Johnny died when their part of the life raft got destroyed. Only Reed, T'Challa, Carol and Scott Summers were left in the one that crash landed on Battleworld. What happened at the end of SW is that combined with Molecule Man's remaining powers given to Reed and T'Challa having the Reality Gem, things got restored to the point just before the Black Swan arrives during the first Incursion over Earth.

    It's sort of like a full reboot of Marvel Earth to that point in time. The only one to make it over from the Ultimate Universe were Miles and the Maker AFAIK at the end of SW. In the meantime, Reed and Franklin are rebuilding the multiverse. I assume those little kingdoms of Battleworld were erased as long as whoever populated them like the other Susan, Val and Franklin, etc.

    Royal Consort Sue is the woman that Doom finds while looking to see if his old adversary Reed survived the final incursion. Stephen had found his raft but kept it hidden on his secret island fortress on Battleworld.
    You seem to be forgetting that we see Reed reunited with his family (including Royal Consort Sue and the older kids) starting to set the multiverse aright, before we get the cosmic reset on the main Marvel Universe.

    Also, much of Miles' supporting cast came over from the Ultimate Universe as well, unless you're saying here that his parents and Ganke aren't really his parents and Ganke.

  4. #34
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    9,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    You seem to be forgetting that we see Reed reunited with his family (including Royal Consort Sue and the older kids) starting to set the multiverse aright, before we get the cosmic reset on the main Marvel Universe..
    You could be right. I got the sense that what T'Challa was doing and what Reed was doing was mostly concurrent. But Susan Storm Richards didn't survive to become part of Battleworld. Both Hickman and Brevoort are very specific about that. This could be where the Reality Gem comes into play because she would still be alive at the time Black Swan first appeared. This is where everything begins again but without the Incursion and Black Swan's appearance.


    Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Also, much of Miles' supporting cast came over from the Ultimate Universe as well, unless you're saying here that his parents and Ganke aren't really his parents and Ganke.
    Quite honestly I've never followed Ultimate Spider-Man so I wouldn't know who is in his cast. I'll accept that they're genuine.
    Doctor Doom Appreciation Thread at CBR Forums
    My old SuperHero Squad name: Steel Divine Duke

  5. #35
    FF purist/snob CaptCleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They made a vow, their family will be found....Marvel Two-In-One .
    "Coming soon, Miracleman #25. We promise. - Eclipse Comics (1993)"

  6. #36
    Incredible Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    655

    Default

    I very much doubt this will lead to them finding Reed and the others because of the feud going on.
    And if they do, it won't last or there will be a loophole that prevents them from getting the family back together.

  7. #37
    Incredible Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    902

    Default

    Honestly, this is clearly an FF title. Human Torch and Thing as the main players, the first arc explicitly dealing with the whereabouts of the Richards family, Doom as the main antagonist, several guest stars from the FF mythology. They might not have FF on the title, but in spirit, it's pretty much that. And yes, I'm convinced that this will lead to Reed, Sue and the others returning. I do think that this is the way Marvel intends to honor the FF with Marvel Legacy and I think it's great. Hopefully it'll be a good book. I like both the writer and the artist.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I very much doubt this will lead to them finding Reed and the others because of the feud going on.
    And if they do, it won't last or there will be a loophole that prevents them from getting the family back together.
    If such feuds were really preventing the FF franchise to get its own book, then we wouldn't be having a book that literally has the name of two of their main characters on the title. I mean, a while back people kept saying that the reason why Johnny, Ben and Doom kept being thrown at franchises such as Inhumans, Guardians Of The Galaxy and Iron Man was because of that, but now everything about this book screams FF. The argument that ''Marvel doesn't want to give FOX any new material'' doesn't work here.

  8. #38
    Fantastic Member The BaRoN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    418

    Default

    About damn freaking time

    If this doesn't lead to the FF return I'll walk away from Marvel

  9. #39
    Mighty Member whiteshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    Looks great.
    One of the new comic books i am looking forward the most.
    I just have a couple of questions:

    1-I notice that some of the stones flying away from the Thing punch are painted,if they are put together would they had a image, as the Fantastic Four logo for exemple ?

    2-The original Marvel Two in One,had a diferente super hero teaming up with the Thing in every issue.So will this be the same or will it be always about the Thing and Human Torch?

  10. #40
    Ultimate Member JKtheMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bedford UK
    Posts
    5,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I'm betting on this too. That what Doom knows, will explain and/or tie up any loose ends with the Richards and the brain-washing, etc.

    And we'll see the classic return of him as villain. I'm not reading everything around so, did Ult-Reed buy it yet? Because if not, I would see a truly terrible Marvel Villain Team Up with him and Doom. Maybe Doom should go around the multiverse and recruit other versions of himself or Reed. Brute-Reed?
    Pretty sure this won't be touched with a barge pole. Marvel got cold feet and they are not very good at admitting things like this. I have spent far too much time thinking and typing about this issue, and the fact remains Marvel editorial will always have final say on continuity. That power was exercised two years ago and I expect that was the last we will hear on the matter, even if some of us much prefer the clear implication in Secret Wars and don't see it as a problem.

    @Iron Maiden, I have to admire your persistence on the whole 616 reset thing, despite the huge weight of evidence against you.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 09-14-2017 at 01:52 AM.

  11. #41
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,373

    Default

    Here's hoping Black Panther and Namor plays a role or two in this given their actions in Secret Wars.

  12. #42
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Looks great.
    One of the new comic books i am looking forward the most.
    I just have a couple of questions:

    1-I notice that some of the stones flying away from the Thing punch are painted,if they are put together would they had a image, as the Fantastic Four logo for exemple ?
    I noticed that too. Makes me think that will be a lenticular cover with Ben and Johnny smashing through the FF logo.

    Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    2-The original Marvel Two in One,had a diferente super hero teaming up with the Thing in every issue.So will this be the same or will it be always about the Thing and Human Torch?
    Seems like it's going to be more about Ben and Johnny. But maybe that'll change after the first arc.

  13. #43
    Astonishing Member theoneandonly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,180

    Default

    hope its nothing like the two meeting a old as creation reeds who has forgotten who they are and a invisible sue who never becomes visible. reason being she can't face them after banging doom. Maybe only franklin will be sent home or kidnapped by the two seeing the appalling way they are living.
    The Self is the only existing reality

  14. #44
    Mighty Member whiteshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I noticed that too. Makes me think that will be a lenticular cover with Ben and Johnny smashing through the FF logo.
    Did not thought of that.
    I thought it was just a easter egg of the cover,because the colours painted in those stones reminds me of the Fantastic Four logo.
    If it is a lenticular cover it surelly looks like it will be a cool one.


    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Seems like it's going to be more about Ben and Johnny. But maybe that'll change after the first arc.
    Yeah,dunno if it is just for the first arc or not.
    Anyways no complains here,both the Thing and Human Torch are awesome characters to be the main protagonists of Marvel Two in One.
    And if Marvel Two in One change to feature a different guest super hero in each arc or story that would be interesting as well and be similiar to the first volume of Marvel Two in One.

  15. #45
    Incredible Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Honestly, this is clearly an FF title. Human Torch and Thing as the main players, the first arc explicitly dealing with the whereabouts of the Richards family, Doom as the main antagonist, several guest stars from the FF mythology. They might not have FF on the title, but in spirit, it's pretty much that. And yes, I'm convinced that this will lead to Reed, Sue and the others returning. I do think that this is the way Marvel intends to honor the FF with Marvel Legacy and I think it's great. Hopefully it'll be a good book. I like both the writer and the artist.



    If such feuds were really preventing the FF franchise to get its own book, then we wouldn't be having a book that literally has the name of two of their main characters on the title. I mean, a while back people kept saying that the reason why Johnny, Ben and Doom kept being thrown at franchises such as Inhumans, Guardians Of The Galaxy and Iron Man was because of that, but now everything about this book screams FF. The argument that ''Marvel doesn't want to give FOX any new material'' doesn't work here.
    Didn't someone in Marvel come out and confirm that was for that very reason we are not getting them back (i think it was Hickman)? i mean there is nothing coming in the future after this story arc ends that says we are getting them ALL back, now i want them back just as much as anyone but i am not about to put all my hope in Marvel and Disney suddenly saying "you know what let's bring them back regardless of not owing the movie rights". It would be like Slott or Spencer saying "hey guys, i plan to undo OMD and so we can have Peter and MJ in the regular 616 universe".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •