Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 50
  1. #16
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    12,196

    Default

    I still don't trust Marvel. I can see them teasing us with their return only to pull the rug out from under us at the last second. When they're all back and firmly entrenched, I'll celebrate. Until then, I won't.
    I will fight. Forever. For everyone, whether they know it or not. Whether they are watching or not. I will always fight.---Daredevil

    "There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

    "I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

    For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

  2. #17
    Mighty Member Valamist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,137

    Default

    This sounds good! I admit, I have yet to really dig into the FF books yet (Still not even sure where to start!) but I do enjoy the characters, and I am in love with Zdarsky so that will help!

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    How is Chip Zdarsky's writing?
    His a personal favorite of mine. Really good with witty banter, so I think the interactions between Ben & Johnny should be fun. His got a lot of respect for Marvel lore too.
    Marvel: - The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Hulk, The Mighty Captain Marvel, Captain America: Sam Wilson, Captain America: Steve Rodgers, Old Man Logan, The Mighty Thor, All-New Wolverine, Gwenpool, Black Panther, The Ultimates2, Champions.

    DC: -
    Super-Girl, Batwoman

    Image: -
    Paper Girls.

    My Comics Review Blog!

  3. #18
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I still don't trust Marvel. I can see them teasing us with their return only to pull the rug out from under us at the last second. When they're all back and firmly entrenched, I'll celebrate. Until then, I won't.
    If they weren't going to bring them back, they wouldn't even waste time teasing it - much less launch a title to lead into it.

    I understand being doubtful to a point but it's pretty clear that this is happening. I bet Reed will show up in the Legacy one-shot.

  4. #19
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    His a personal favorite of mine. Really good with witty banter, so I think the interactions between Ben & Johnny should be fun. His got a lot of respect for Marvel lore too.
    He also draws the best darn variants

  5. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    If they weren't going to bring them back, they wouldn't even waste time teasing it .
    hmmm, maybe. but what of the various Captain Mar-vell teases; over the years?
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 09-13-2017 at 02:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

  6. #21
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    24,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Maybe, but a key part of the story is that Johnny has'nt come to terms with "losing" his sister, brother-in-law, niece and nephew. He could learn what they're up to, but may have to learn to let go.
    I'm expecting this to be like Sonic Underground where they keep searching for their mother but make very little progress, only for the show to end with them never finding her .

  7. #22
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    8,780

    Default

    I've never really been big on the Fantastic Four, admittedly. But Marvel's refusal to publish a title has actually made me want to read this even more. Plus, Infamous Iron Man has been really good.
    Ideas never die.

  8. #23
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I still don't trust Marvel. I can see them teasing us with their return only to pull the rug out from under us at the last second. When they're all back and firmly entrenched, I'll celebrate. Until then, I won't.

    Copy this

    Unworthy thor has put me on a back foot as far as anticipated payoff goes

    My own fault maybe but once bitten

  9. #24
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    24,546

    Default

    They made a vow, their family will be found....Marvel Two-In-One .

  10. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    His a personal favorite of mine. Really good with witty banter, so I think the interactions between Ben & Johnny should be fun. His got a lot of respect for Marvel lore too.
    I'm actually shocked at the deep pulls Chip brings out. I mean, who expected Theresa to show up in Spectacular?

  11. #26
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    24,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    I'm actually shocked at the deep pulls Chip brings out. I mean, who expected Theresa to show up in Spectacular?
    I wouldn't say that's exactly a good thing .

  12. #27
    Astonishing Member Jokerz79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,057

    Default

    Looks like Marvel got me truly interested in a Legacy book finally.

  13. #28
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    hmmm, maybe. but what of the various Captain Mar-vell teases; over the years?
    Not quite an equal comparison.

    Captain Marvel, while beloved by many, isn't nearly the cornerstone of the MU like the FF is. There's a little more at stake in bringing them back.

    Also, as Marvel's death remains one of the most important deaths in comics, bringing him back full on is a lot trickier than bringing the FF back would be.

    Even with that, though, CM did make a comeback for a time. There was the Peter David series in the '90s, I believe. I know I read it at the time, although by now I forget the details.

  14. #29
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    24,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Even with that, though, CM did make a comeback for a time. There was the Peter David series in the '90s, I believe. I know I read it at the time, although by now I forget the details.
    That wasn't actually Mar-Vell though. That was his son, Genis.

  15. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Not quite an equal comparison.

    Captain Marvel, while beloved by many, isn't nearly the cornerstone of the MU like the FF is.
    :shrugs: I've never liked him. but the people who do like him, seem to think that he's that important (he'd have to be to have so many false returns). his death was certainly a big deal. plus he has "Marvel" in his name.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •