Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member Old School Ollie 1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Tacoma, WA.
    Posts
    2,176

    Default Midnight Sun & Iron Fist & Daredevil vs Batman & Dick & Cassie

    More Kung Fu fighting ...

  2. #2
    Fantastic Member Red Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    398

    Default

    Midnight Sun clone battled the Silver Surfer. He's a pretty bad bro. Having Matt and Danny are merely distractions for team Bats.
    When you lose the rhythm of the drumbeat of god, you are lost from the peace and rhythm of life.

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member Old School Ollie 1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Tacoma, WA.
    Posts
    2,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Wolf View Post
    Midnight Sun clone battled the Silver Surfer. He's a pretty bad bro. Having Matt and Danny are merely distractions for team Bats.
    Midnight Sun isn't as fast as Surfer. He's a few notches below in strength. Did Norrin go all out in their fight? I can't recall. Even though Dick is the weak link, I still believe team Bats wins.

  4. #4
    Fantastic Member Red Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    Midnight Sun isn't as fast as Surfer. He's a few notches below in strength. Did Norrin go all out in their fight? I can't recall. Even though Dick is the weak link, I still believe team Bats wins.
    MS is more durable. What if those fast kicks preesure points and punches just bounce off?
    When you lose the rhythm of the drumbeat of god, you are lost from the peace and rhythm of life.

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member Old School Ollie 1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Tacoma, WA.
    Posts
    2,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Wolf View Post
    MS is more durable. What if those fast kicks preesure points and punches just bounce off?
    If Midnight Sun is a bullet timer it won't make a difference, cousin.

  6. #6
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,223

    Default

    Midnight Sun making a match of it against Surfer was ridiculous PIS, and when Surfer got serious he finished Midnight Sun handily.

    That being said, he's kinda difficult to peg. The fact that he's been in a fight against Surfer and not died immediately, with Surfer commenting on his speed (again, ridiculous), but then also fought Shang Chi to a draw means his representation has varied wildly.

    Of course, it may not matter, because the match is likely going to come down to one of Danny or Cass getting an AoE off first; and its probably Danny.

  7. #7
    Captain Obvious big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

    Of course, it may not matter, because the match is likely going to come down to one of Danny or Cass getting an AoE off first; and its probably Danny.
    And to be really clear, Danny's AoE is a HELL of a lot more powerful than anything Cass is carrying in her belt.

    Two out of three members of Team Bats really don't even know the fight begins before "splat".

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Midnight Sun making a match of it against Surfer was ridiculous PIS, and when Surfer got serious he finished Midnight Sun handily.

    That being said, he's kinda difficult to peg. The fact that he's been in a fight against Surfer and not died immediately, with Surfer commenting on his speed (again, ridiculous), but then also fought Shang Chi to a draw means his representation has varied wildly.

    Of course, it may not matter, because the match is likely going to come down to one of Danny or Cass getting an AoE off first; and its probably Danny.
    Ehhh.. I mean Sun with his Kree upgrades still had a pretty decent damage soak all the same. I'm thin on anyone in this fight actually being capable of hurting him.

  9. #9
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,068

    Default

    Iron Fist and Daredevil alone would murder the DC team, even with gear (Iron Fist being the big gun here, but Matt easily dealing with any thrown projectiles, ending any discussion about 'what if Cass actually manages to get out and throw something worthwhile before Danny gets in range and explodes everyone?').

    Adding Midnight Sun is just overkill on overkill.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member The Dork Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,669

    Default

    Nah the DC types carry sonics and gas pellets and other junk that don't especially have to be thrown. Trouble is getting them off...Midnight Sun once battled Surfer on the moon with Surfer appreciatively talking about his speed ....even without which Danny is probably the fastest and gets off an AoE firsy

  11. #11
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,068

    Default

    As noted, the trouble is using them.

    If they don't need to be thrown, they need to be used at reasonably close range.

    If they need to be used at reasonably close range, they're unimportant because Danny Rand.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

  12. #12
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,223

    Default

    Also, one team has a guy in a fedora on it. That team wins automatically.

  13. #13
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    6,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Also, one team has a guy in a fedora on it. That team wins automatically.
    Midnight Sun: *tips hat* *mimes* "Good evening, M'losers."
    "Someone or thing has got to pay, it's given too much to take away. Oh I just want a legacy, Oh I just want it all to never fade! Don't we all arrive, at the same place where we began?" - Divisi

  14. #14
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    As noted, the trouble is using them.

    If they don't need to be thrown, they need to be used at reasonably close range.

    If they need to be used at reasonably close range, they're unimportant because Danny Rand.
    I think the range of the bat sonics may get shortchanged here a little, in general. But I feel comfortable saying even if they can harm the Marvel side before Danny can charge and unleash an AOE, Danny will still probably power through it and finish the move. Dude can catch sniper bullets while poisoned and drowsy and then use his ki to burn the the poison out... That's pretty sweet focus.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •