Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fat Cobra vs. Deathstroke

have at it

The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar

Fat Cobra.

We're talking about a guy who beat the ever-loving hell out of Iron Fist. Then summoned his victory wenches.

"Someone or thing has got to pay, it's given too much to take away. Oh I just want a legacy, Oh I just want it all to never fade! Don't we all arrive, at the same place where we began?" - Divisi

This is insanely not close. Cobra is just FAR too much for Slade. And probably far too much for his victory wenches as well, but that's another Rumble.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Slade has some possible chance at a win if he runs his ass off and uses his meta-human damaging power staff (haha, yes) to zap all heck out of Fat Cobra.

Honestly, though, I don't see this as being terribly workable, and figure Cobra catches him (he's pretty quick on his feet, apparently) and beats all holy hell out of him.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

"...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

"[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

Astonishing Member The Dork Knight's Avatar

Grenade spam is Slade's only shot. His armour might take the impact even at close range and his HF may allow him to beat the 10 count

Then again as I recall Cobra is nearly a speedster and his ranged/area game of his own and being faster should probably take this

Even that shot is kinda terrible for Slade. The other immortal weapons used Fat Cobra as a human shield against a pretty massive explosion, Cobra was mostly just really dazed on the other side of it.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Adding my voice to the choir, Cobra kicks all kinds of ass here.

Gotta say... we've had each of Fat Cobra, Midnight Sun and Buffy-vs-a-Hippo today.

It's like we've been saving up the awesome points and decided to spend them all st once.

Which armor does Slade get? I heard he got some weird suit after Nth that was a major upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Which armor does Slade get? I heard he got some weird suit after Nth that was a major upgrade.
    Don't think that matters against Cobra here.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Actually, as I recall, the armour was allowing him to throw down with Superman even if it was only temporarily. He might have a chance there.

I'll see if I can find scans.

It did, but that doesn't look to be his armor anymore in creepily pseudo religious hero team leading Slade of current.

The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Actually, as I recall, the armour was allowing him to throw down with Superman even if it was only temporarily. He might have a chance there.

I'll see if I can find scans.
    Did Superman peel him outta the armor though ? Because he could have.

Or heat-visioned through the eye holes ?

Nah.
    "Someone or thing has got to pay, it's given too much to take away. Oh I just want a legacy, Oh I just want it all to never fade! Don't we all arrive, at the same place where we began?" - Divisi

Mighty Member

Nu Slade also had a magic sword for a sec that could automatically react and counter Superman. That would have done it. But he probably only had it for a couple issues.

Is nu-Slade just a permanently moving feast as far as power levels and equipment go?

Have DC decided to just do small retcons every issue now, rather than big ones every 6 months?