Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 186
  1. #1
    Mighty Member Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,959

    Default Stan Lee says Marvel "working on" getting x-men/f4 rights back

    https://www.cosmicbooknews.com/marve...-says-stan-lee

    Take it or leave it. I mean he actually did say it, but how true it is is another story.

    Considering fox xmen has 3 movies coming out next year I think the likelihood of marvel completely buying all the rights back to be almost impossible. But maybe a deal is in the works similar to Sony and spider man.

    If nothing else I do think it shows that marvel is actually looking at ways to eventually re attain the rights- perhaps actively evaluating options based on how the x films do this coming year.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

  2. #2
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    https://www.cosmicbooknews.com/marve...-says-stan-lee

    Take it or leave it. I mean he actually did say it, but how true it is is another story.

    Considering fox xmen has 3 movies coming out next year I think the likelihood of marvel completely buying all the rights back to be almost impossible. But maybe a deal is in the works similar to Sony and spider man.

    If nothing else I do think it shows that marvel is actually looking at ways to eventually re attain the rights- perhaps actively evaluating options based on how the x films do this coming year.
    this would be a dream come true.. fox let the xmen go... y'all have made enough trash that pales in comparison to what the comics ever did.

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,019

    Default

    I am sure it means that Marvel are just trying to get Wolverine for their films.

    Right now FOX is planning next movies without Logan so I think Marvel is going to use this opportunity and use rebooted Logan in their movies.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 09-14-2017 at 12:53 AM.

  4. #4
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I am sure it means that Marvel are just trying to get Wolverine for their films.

    Right now FOX is planning next movies without Logan so I think Marvel is going to use this opportunity and use rebooted Logan in theirs movies.
    well I hope it's all the xmen as Stan Lee stated in the article. the xmen movies are trash and I don't see dp being any better than apocalypse especially since they going for a more "grounded" or "human" movie. Considered fox is adapting a comcbook movie that makes perfect sense.

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    well I hope it's all the xmen as Stan Lee stated in the article. the xmen movies are trash and I don't see dp being any better than apocalypse especially since they going for a more "grounded" or "human" movie. Considered fox is adapting a comcbook movie that makes perfect sense.
    I don`t expect anything good from Dark Phoenix either.

    But I am very optimistic about Deadpool 2, New Mutants and can`t wait for Gambit to happen.

  6. #6
    I am Storm's fiance RLAAMJR.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Inside Storm's heart
    Posts
    24,980

    Default

    Fox will never give xmen back to Mcu but sharing their characters is possible, with a high price
    "Lightning, deliver this place from darkness." - Storm in X-men TAS.


    [SIZE=2]You should read The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl solo, X-men Gold, Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther solo and Storm's second ongoing solo coming on 2018 with Ta-Nehisi Coates as writer as Jen Bartel as artist/SIZE]


    "The Month of May is Ororo Munroe aka Storm Month"


    Faves: Ororo Munroe aka Storm (Marvel), X (Dark Horse), Vincent Van Goat (Valiant), Superboy Prime (DC), Ingrid (Street Fighter), Celine Dion (Music)

  7. #7
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    6,776

    Default

    Nah. It's not gonna happen any time soon, at least for the X-Men. Fantastic Four is another story I guess...

  8. #8
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    59

    Default

    MCU timeline already 13 years, from iron man 2008 to gotg vol3 2020, its already stable and iconic .

    Too avoid plothole/retcon, hopefully MCU will be end at the time the main avengers actors/actresses decided not to participate, and let the Infinity war saga finish.

    Then reboot the MCU with X-Men & FF. XMen already rebooted in DOPT, Injecting Xmen in the current MCU, it like wolverine 'DOTP' save the MCU from Thanos and deadpool gonna be insane which universe is real. there's still lots of story to tell no need to piggy-back with the current MCU.

    im not gonna sure what i feel in the Infinity Gauntlet merged XMen & FF universe with MCU.

  9. #9
    X-Force Member SomeCBFanboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    802

    Default

    So.... basically nothing that we didn't already know for years has been said. Okay!

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Americana
    Posts
    2,275

    Default

    butterflykyss, you completely misunderstood Kinberg's quote about grounded. He meant that in Apocalypse maybe they did too many special effects and tried to make it all about acton and he wants DP to be more about feelings. Doesn't in any way imply what you took from it. So ridiculous, haters just INVENT reasons to hate after a while.

    Stan Lee is not in charge of Marvel but he might know some things. For me personally anything that is a compromise or reducing the tensions between the companies can only help the fortunes of all things X and mutant.
    Chris Claremont, Peter David, Mike Carey, Cullen Bunn = canon. Others = fanfic.

  11. #11
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    butterflykyss, you completely misunderstood Kinberg's quote about grounded. He meant that in Apocalypse maybe they did too many special effects and tried to make it all about acton and he wants DP to be more about feelings. Doesn't in any way imply what you took from it. So ridiculous, haters just INVENT reasons to hate after a while.

    Stan Lee is not in charge of Marvel but he might know some things. For me personally anything that is a compromise or reducing the tensions between the companies can only help the fortunes of all things X and mutant.
    Do You want another Fantastic Four movie?
    Kinber's grounded movies are weak, very weak.
    Favorite Comics:
    Uncanny Avengers vol 3, All New Wolverine, Deadpool, Mighty Thor
    Astonishing X-men

  12. #12
    Fantastic Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    325

    Default

    I can't see FOX selling the rights back to the X-Men happening. They have Dark Phoenix, Deadpool 2, New Mutants, X-Force and Gambit all in various stages of development.

    Even if Dark Phoenix bombs (which it very well could) Deadpool 2 will likely bail them out of any serious trouble. Plus I am sure they are very optimistic about the success of X-Force. New Mutants and Gambit are the wildcards that could go either way.

    No matter what, FOX will not give up on the Deadpool cash cow any time soon and being able to utilise the X-Universe through that series.
    L'Enfer !

  13. #13
    Incredible Member Jean Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    600

    Default

    They don't have to necessarily mean the film exclusivity rights. I'm sure something already went down between Marvel/Fox, for Marvel to suddenly Okay all those Xmen TV projects and the X-men showing up in games like Future Fight.

    Like them or not, the X-men related media is still selling so I doubt FOX will give up the rights for the film franchise in a long long time. But who knows, Fox could possibly be leading towards lesser known mutants and work something out with Marvel to allow them to use "specific" mutants in their own ways.

  14. #14
    Mighty Member Kusanagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,892

    Default

    Prior to Deadpool and Logan I would have given them a shot, but I can't see Fox giving up the rights now.

    Fantastic 4 on the other hand, Fox would stupid not to entertain some offers because they're getting so little out of it.
    Current Pull: Deadpool, Ms. Marvel, Ultimates, USAvengers, Squirrel Girl, Jessica Jones.

  15. #15

    Default

    I think Stan "The Man" Lee is basically saying what a lot of fans are hoping. Anyone who follows him on Twitter or sees his interviews knows that he's still a fan at heart. He always has been. But the fact remains he hasn't been involved in Marvel's day-to-day affairs for a while now. So it's doubtful he knows more than what the PR folks at Marvel have told us. Now, I don't doubt that Marvel/Disney would love to get the X-men and F4 rights back. I think they even tried a number of times. But it's not happening. There's just too much money at stake. Fox doesn't have a lot of bankable franchises right now. X-men is, by far, their biggest. Sure, they failed with F4, but they have plenty going for them with X-men and that's not going to change anytime soon, absent some serious financial problems.

    I think at some point in our lifetimes, we'll see the F4 revert back to Marvel. It may even happen within the next five years or so. But X-men will take much longer. That's just the nature of the business.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!


    Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •