Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Ohhhh... is Mudd from the original series?
    Yep. The Harry Mudd character appeared in two episodes of The Original Series ("Mudd's Women" and "I, Mudd")

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Carabas and nx01a briefly talked about it before, it's heavily speculated that
    spoilers:
    Ash Tyler is really Voq undercover, which is why we haven't seen him (Voq) since episode 4. A clue is that the actor who is said to portray Voq, Javid Iqbal, has no IMDB credits to his name aside from Discovery. So it's thought that it's really Shazad Latif's face underneath all of Voq's Klingon make-up, and Javid Iqbal doesn't exist.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Also, Shazad Latif was born as Shazad Iqbal. If it's not true then the creators are really overdoing it in the red herring department.
    end of spoilers

As for the latest episode...
    Odd.
    I feel kind of meh about the episode overall, but I really loved the Klingon bits.
    Last edited by Carabas; 11-10-2017 at 01:23 PM.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Yep. The Harry Mudd character appeared in two episodes of The Original Series ("Mudd's Women" and "I, Mudd")
    He's the only non-Enterprise-crew character to appear more than once, I think - isn't he?
    Why yes, I AM a Mark Goodson/Bill Toddman production.

You know I enjoyed the first 5 episodes, but have found the last 3 boring. I also wish that they had picked another villain besides the Klingons. They just all look the same to me and sound like grunting beasts!
    Yes, I turned my back because that was my duty. A heart is a luxury for kings & queens. We choose duty over love because in time even love becomes duty.- Medusa
    "I cant be the Crystal who once was Ronan. I am who Ive become. And people like us..like you and me can only hide from duty so long. It always catches up. -Crystal.
    I cant go back. Cant help what was done to me. I can only point it in the right direction.- The Midnighter

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    He's the only non-Enterprise-crew character to appear more than once, I think - isn't he?
    I think so.

How do I ask a mod to change the title of this thread to 'Star Trek: Discovery discussion' or something along those lines? Or did I just?

Mudd was also supposed to be the smarmy salesman responsible for Uhura getting a Tribble but the actor was unavailable to film The Trouble With Tribbles.

It's so odd that the Klingon part of the last episode was more interesting than the away mission. It's also odd that I like Admiral Cornwell better than any of the main cast. Ah, well. At least the space battle was more enjoyable than previous pew pews.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    You know I enjoyed the first 5 episodes, but have found the last 3 boring. I also wish that they had picked another villain besides the Klingons. They just all look the same to me and sound like grunting beasts!
    Interesting. The past three (or four) have probably been my favourite. It also feels like it's balancing its being a Star Trek show with being something different. These feel quite old-school Trek at times.

Though, I'm still not really enjoying the Klingons at all. I'm not actually a huge fan of them outside of the third and sixth movies but they're really kinda annoying here. I don't generally find warrior-race aliens all that compelling in general and between the wonky makeup and having them talk in Klingon, which, as made up languages go, just sounds incredibly clumsy and ugly that all the Klingon scenes just drag the whole thing to a halt.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Back in the day, the only distinct one to me, that I could recognice immediately, was the Klingon Marty Feldman Gowron.
    And that is what the language is supposed to sound like, what it originally was designed to evoke.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

Just finished watching the fall finale and it really seems like Tyler is Voq but has lost his memory somehow. And we are definetly getting the mirror universe when the show returns.

Boobies! 10 char
    Also visit my blog where I expose Wonder Woman for the criminal she is!

How come these anonymous sources failed to report Zack Snyder had left post-production on Justice League? They seem to know everything now...

Best episode of the series so far. I actually plan to rewatch this... but skipping two scenes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Boobies! 10 char
    Kloobies. That was... disturbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Mudd also 'appeared' in an episode of the animated series played by the same actor, and the character was actually supposed to appear in season one of TNG, but the actor died before that could be arranged. It would've involved the character being woken up from a cryogenic freeze. (Similar, in a few ways, to how Scotty and later Kirk were integrated into TNG. Also similar in a way to the season finale The Neutral Zone, which makes me wonder if he was originally supposed to be the Ralph Offenhouse character).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

man, this show should be cancelled. But since Netflix is footing a bunch of the budget it's going to go on for some time.