Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Justice league #30 Preview

Looks like you guys were right. She may be the sovereign. And the look from hunters face as he turns away from Steve says a lot to me as well.

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...ice-league-30/

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

I still highly doubt it. It does however look like that this "Darkness" is technically Hunter's father. She's consumed by this symbiote, it impregnates Diana, she gives birth to a son that's the embodiment of this darkness but she cannot bring herself to destroy him as she loves him. So she gives him to Superman and Lois to raise and leaves so as not to negatively influence his upbringing as the darkness is still with her and always will be. Unfortunately despite Superman's best efforts, as Hunter ages it brings the darkness to life and it devastates the Earth. That's why its happening "too early", according to the kids. A grown Hunter exists now in the present so its growing now.

Someone else is Sovereign though, and my money is still on Lois. She helped raise the son of this symbiote and for her efforts it got most of the Earth and her son killed.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-02-2017 at 11:52 AM.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I still highly doubt it. It does however look like that this "Darkness" is technically Hunter's father. She's consumed by this symbiote, it impregnates Diana, she gives birth to a son that's the embodiment of this darkness but she cannot bring herself to destroy him as she loves him. So she gives him to Superman and Lois to raise and leaves so as not to negatively influence his upbringing as the darkness is still with her and always will be. Unfortunately despite Superman's best efforts, as Hunter ages it brings the darkness to life and it devastates the Earth. That's why its happening "too early", according to the kids. A grown Hunter exists now in the present so its growing now.

Someone else is Sovereign though, and my money is still on Lois. She helped raise the son of this symbiote and for her efforts it got most of the Earth and her son killed.
    It will be a rather sad (if interesting and one I'm liking) story if you're right. Hunter clearly wants to do good, doesn't really know how, and he has to die/never been born to save the world. Harsh.

Mighty Member

Hmmm. I suppose it's possible Sovereign isn't actually Diana but kind of a clone that's sucked her dry of her powers and is in her shape in said dark future.

Though if it somehow is true that Hunter is somehow LITERALLY Diana and this monster's kid I'd be rather dissapointed. Magical pregnancy or otherwise. That's a little too close to very similar tropes used over the years. Remember when it happened to Powergirl?

Guess we'll see.

Mighty Member

"Our child"? So, it's a rape story?

Given DC (/Marvel)'s terrible track record in dealing with this subject, why on earth would DC choose to go down this road again? Diana better get a good showing in this, but, given that track record, I'm not hopeful.

On a side note - I've asked before, and tried to google the answer - who is Earth 2 Fury's father and how was she conceived? In other words, did they rape WW there, too?

Steppenwolf was Fury's father in the most recent Earth 2. I don't know if the story ever goes into detail on the history between Diana and Steppenwolf that resulted in the conception, I gave up on that title after Robinson left so what I know is all second-hand.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    "Our child"? So, it's a rape story?

Given DC (/Marvel)'s terrible track record in dealing with this subject, why on earth would DC choose to go down this road again? Diana better get a good showing in this, but, given that track record, I'm not hopeful.

On a side note - I've asked before, and tried to google the answer - who is Earth 2 Fury's father and how was she conceived? In other words, did they rape WW there, too?
    The Justice League writer seems to be on a different page from the rest of the guys in Rebirth. Like he had Barry and Jessica dating in it, while Barry was dating Iris in his own series.

Astonishing Member superduperman's Avatar

Posted this on the Superman forum but it seems more appropriate here (for obvious reasons): Steve IS his biological father but because he was raised by Superman he sees him as his "real" father. So his turning away is more an act of disappointment rather than denial. When the alien says "ours" it could be a Venom type of situation where it sees he and Diana as "one".
    Listen, lady! I am thirteen years old and driving a Bat-hog through the Amazon on a Tuesday morning! I am ALREADY winning!

-Robin

Mighty Member

Steppenwolf was Fury's father in the most recent Earth 2. I don't know if the story ever goes into detail on the history between Diana and Steppenwolf that resulted in the conception, I gave up on that title after Robinson left so what I know is all second-hand.
    Thanks for the reply. Did you ever hear, even second-hand, how Fury was conceived? I've tried to find an answer via Wikipedia and such, but, not much luck, yet.

This is part of why I don't really trust Robinson on the WW title.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Posted this on the Superman forum but it seems more appropriate here (for obvious reasons): Steve IS his biological father but because he was raised by Superman he sees him as his "real" father. So his turning away is more an act of disappointment rather than denial. When the alien says "ours" it could be a Venom type of situation where it sees he and Diana as "one".
    I guess that could work. A Venom knock-off is better than yet another poorly thought out "magical" pregnancy.

I want to say I heard somewhere that before Steppenwolf's first invasion, he was on Earth incognito as a spy, and he and Diana grew close then, basically a situation where she was duped. But I'm not at all confident on that.

Mighty Member

I want to say I heard somewhere that before Steppenwolf's first invasion, he was on Earth incognito as a spy, and he and Diana grew close then, basically a situation where she was duped. But I'm not at all confident on that.
    Yeah, I seem to remember that as fan speculation, but can't seem to find any sort of confirmation. And I didn't enjoy the series enough to buy it all to find out.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    Yeah, I seem to remember that as fan speculation, but can't seem to find any sort of confirmation. And I didn't enjoy the series enough to buy it all to find out.
    It was basically said as such yes. They never say more than comparing it to Hercules and Hippolyta with the Gods saying Diana allowing herself to be deceived brought ruin to Earth 2.

Of course by this point I believe it was said in Worlds Finest as a history of Earth 2 story. So it's more than likely that DC tried to just wrap up Furys origin and that Steppenwolf wasn't ever initially meant to be Fury's dad.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    It was basically said as such yes. They never say more than comparing it to Hercules and Hippolyta with the Gods saying Diana allowing herself to be deceived brought ruin to Earth 2.

Of course by this point I believe it was said in Worlds Finest as a history of Earth 2 story. So it's more than likely that DC tried to just wrap up Furys origin and that Steppenwolf wasn't ever initially meant to be Fury's dad.
    Thanks for the input.

I don't wish to derail the JL thread with too much talk of Earth 2, but, to my ignorant self, it just feels part of a (poorly thought out and poorly constructed) pattern of repetition. JL still has time to pull this story off well. If they do, I'll gladly buy the tpb. But, given the track record, I'm not hopeful.

I could be way off, though, that's just the way I read it when the symbiote called Hunter "our child". For instance, the idea Steve actually is Hunter's father and he's just being metaphorical is quite possible as well.

Astonishing Member superduperman's Avatar

I've thought these kids were speaking metaphorically from the start. I didn't think they were the biological children of the League and obviously I was wrong so, fair warning, my track record on this hasn't been that great. I really hope that the symbiote isn't his "father", that would be such a cop-out and it's been done so many times already. Of course so is the whole "kids from the future to prevent dictator from coming about" plot as well.
    Listen, lady! I am thirteen years old and driving a Bat-hog through the Amazon on a Tuesday morning! I am ALREADY winning!

-Robin