• X-Men Gold 13

5 9.26%
  • Venom 155

2 3.70%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Legacy: Week One

Thoughts and rankings?

Spirits of Vengeance for me. I also liked Avengers but SoV gave me exactly what I wanted and Jhonny Blaze back as Ghost Rider!

SOV! No question. Only book that actually felt like a true Legacy Marvel book to me.

Although Iron Fist and Venom come close
    Last edited by Drakeon; 10-05-2017 at 04:03 AM.
    www.elfwood.com/~drakeon

"Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Astonishing Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I can only comment on the books I've read, which, for Legacy, are Jessica Jones and Royals. Jessica Jones is a profoundly creepy issue that works really well. That gets my vote.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Of the stuff I've read, I was highly underwhelmed (unsurprisingly).

Enjoyable, Yet Forgettable Tier
    Avengers 672
    X-Men Gold 13

Boring Tier
    Iron Fist 73
    Royals 9

Crap Tier
    Iceman 6

Good idea for the thread.

I only read Iceman, so it gets my vote.

Also read Old Man Logan and Astonishing X-Men, although they don't have the Legacy branding. Probably would've voted for Astonishing had it been a Legacy title.

Niffleheim

I read Royals, Jessica Jones and SoV. Carol kind of ruined my enjoyment of JJ so my vote goes to Royals.

Iron Fist was amazing!!

Just saying.
    Come visit this thread to cast your vote: http://community.comicbookresources....Marvel-Climate

PLEASE READ RULES BEFORE YOU COMMENT ! Thank You

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Iron Fist was amazing!!

Just saying.
    Iron Fist was definitely amazing, as always! I hope Legacy will lead to more people giving it a shot as it's one of the best books out there.

As for this week's selection of Legacy titles, I picked up Avengers, Spirits of Vengeance, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Venom, and X-Men Gold and I liked all of them, to varying degrees.

If I had to pick one as the best, I'd have to go with Jessica Jones as it was just a freaking great issue with a mind fu*k of a cliffhanger.

To rank what I read, from top to bottom, I'd go:

Jessica Jones - Bendis has said that this arc would be pretty much pure psychological horror and this opening chapter lives up to that promise.

Avengers - I really thought this was a fun issue. Great teamwork between the two groups, loved seeing Sam in his new Falcon threads and still leading the Avengers with authority, loved seeing The Avengers handling a big planetary threat again, and Jesus Siaz's art sold the hell out of every page.

Iron Fist - This was less action-heavy than previous issues have been but that's to be expected in a set-up issue and it was still rock solid. If anyone hasn't been reading this book, please give it a shot!

Spirits of Vengeance - Very nice start to this mini. I wasn't quite as blown away by it as some were but I definitely enjoyed it. Awesome to see Johnny Blaze back and kicking ass.

Venom - All I had to see in this issue to love it was the return of Lee Price. I've been waiting for him to come back and I'm psyched to finally see it happen. Cool to see Bagley on art duties and I'm hyped to see Eddie take on Kraven.

X-Men Gold - Fun kick-off to the Mojo Worldwide crossover. Nothing fancy but definitely enjoyable.

Lots of good stuff this week - looking forward to Week #2!

Astonishing Member theoneandonly's Avatar

judging by the lukewarm response in voting has legacy missed the mark or is it too early to. tell?
    The Self is the only existing reality

Avengers 672 and X-Men Gold 13 for me classic crossovers with heroes fighting side by side and Mojoverse looks like it's going to be fun since the villain usually makes meta comments.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    judging by the lukewarm response in voting has legacy missed the mark or is it too early to. tell?
    I wouldn't judge anything based on message board response. It tells you what the people who took the time to post felt but nothing about the broader audience.

And I especially wouldn't judge a publishing initiative that's planned to roll out over the course of about four or five months on week one.

Spirits of Vengeance for me!

Of the ones I read - Avengers, Royals, SoV, Venom, X-Men Gold - the only one I really enjoyed was Avengers. Gold would have been good, if the art hadn't been insultingly poor.
    Currently enjoying:
    Daredevil ~ Old Man Logan ~ Zombies Assemble

Currently anticipating:
    Avengers: No Surrender ~ Incredible Hulk ~ Two-In-One

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Iron Fist was amazing!!

Just saying.
    I liked it too. Spider-man was also great, with a surprise cameo at the end.