Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Standing Member

In the classic comics, the bracelets were always blue--well, I guess they were supposed to be black, indicating they were made from iron--but they were highlighted blue which picked up the blue from her shorts and the highlights in her hair.

And in classic super-hero costume design a colour on one part of the costume (usually the upper level) has to be matched with the same colour elsewhere (usually the lower level). This is why I always try to match my socks with my shirt.

The modern approach to Wonder Woman has her wearing bracelets that are usually coloured silver-white. So even if the rest of the costume doesn't have white, the bracelets do. However, I prefer the bracelets to look like iron, not fancy decoration--because they are supposed to be reminders of when the Amazons were slaves. Fancy bracelets don't really bring home the message of slavery and emancipation.

My baby loves love--my baby loves lovin'
    She's got what it takes and she knows how to use it

(another Tony Burrows one hit wonder)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    And in classic super-hero costume design a colour on one part of the costume (usually the upper level) has to be matched with the same colour elsewhere (usually the lower level). This is why I always try to match my socks with my shirt.
    But . . . white socks don't go with a white dress shirt and tie!
    (Would you wear white socks and a tuxedo?!?)

I think the bracelets were initially black, then dark blue, then light(er) blue (not to be confused with the 1970's TV version of light blue with red star and then later gold with red star) and then the silver we know today.

But I know what you mean-- it can be too many colors with red, white, blue, gold and silver. Maybe a little more balance if where the colors are and a few less colors?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    White socks are always casual, they mostly only go with white sneakers. With dress clothes your socks should match your shoes or pants. Stylish men can wear colored socks that match their shirt and tie, but never white unless your Michael Jackson and then they'd probably be sequined.

Standing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'm not in the habit of wearing a white dress shirt. Maybe back when I was waiting tables. But if you're wearing a suit and tie, with a white dress shirt, you have more layers to work with. I'd probably wear argyle socks, black oxfords, a jacket and trousers with narrow pin-stripes and a tie to match the argyle socks (double windsor knot). I don't think I've ever worn a tuxedo in my life.

My baby loves love--my baby loves lovin'
    She's got what it takes and she knows how to use it

(another Tony Burrows one hit wonder)