Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    This is why I do think the amazons should keep up their pooulation whether it be divine or sex raids ( but it’s consent ) or Earth One technology. I mean they have to have enough amazons to protected themselves and the evil they are guarding
    the concept of raid voids consent. either they travel and seduce (consent) or they raid (force/rape/impose/non-consent)

as for democracy it is indeed overrated and being a monarch does not equal oppression or lack of rights, a monarchy is the privilege to rule

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agniwolf View Post
    as for democracy it is indeed overrated and being a monarch does not equal oppression or lack of rights, a monarchy is the privilege to rule
    Every form of legitimate government can be done right, and it can be done wrong.
    You are right that a monarchy does not automagically equal oppression, neither does communism and likewise democracy is not automatically better. All of it depends on how it's employed.

In the case of the Amazons, I see Hippolyta as the appointed one, she was literally chosen by the gods to rule... whenever she wanted to or not (see Earth One). And I sort of find that to be a decent place to have a monarchy start off, Hippolyta does as she is told and makes the best of it for everyone... so it doesn't seem like she treats the position of monarch as a privilege but more like it's a task or duty to guide her people in the right direction.

what if there was something like a council of elected queens?
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-12-2017 at 06:58 AM.

You mean like most of Europe? The party choices the leader. The amazons can choice who is to be queen and prime minster or Chancellor(what lever name works best. Oh can also have the queen is a permanent position unless she quits or is found guilty of a crime and the leader the amazons elect is the prime minister.

I mean we see Hippoltya wasnít the first queen of the amazons. Should that be on the island or the manís world ?
    Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

https://www.change.org/p/comic-fans-...part-2-back-on

We do see the amazons are flawed. We have seen that from the beginning. So their government works great but why not have the Banas start thrvsex pirates. They don’t do it on the main government but their tribe government. When a bana wins they seduce a man and get pregnant. They keep their son but treat him as something just to produ children. They could easily get away with that if they have a different religion like the Egyptian gods.
    Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    We do see the amazons are flawed. We have seen that from the beginning. So their government works great but why not have the Banas start thrvsex pirates. They don’t do it on the main government but their tribe government. When a bana wins they seduce a man and get pregnant. They keep their son but treat him as something just to produ children. They could easily get away with that if they have a different religion like the Egyptian gods.
    then it could be interpreted as one kind of black market, altho i dont see where the religion fits here. even if they have other religion they are not the ones with the power monopoly unless there is a edict that says so

True. I wasn’t thinking. Maybe how their government works is each tribe does have their own government . However like any government they have sessions at the capital . Where they pass laws. The Banas could stills do the sex raids but they should be viewed as a questionable party

Astonishing Member

Amazons don't believe in constitution or democracy. They believe in strength.

Amazons are honorable soldiers who don't need documentation to remind them what their laws are. Amazons look to their queen for making their laws because she is their leader.

Amazons made Hippolyta their queen so they did elect Hippolyta as their leader, but not because of her mouth, unlike the politicians we have today but rather because of her strength, courage, valor, leadership skills and fighting prowess.

in the ancient ages, kings were accepted by their subjects because of their wealth and their skill to raise an army to protect the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Amazons don't believe in constitution or democracy. They believe in strength.

Amazons are honorable soldiers who don't need documentation to remind them what their laws are. Amazons look to their queen for making their laws because she is their leader.

Amazons made Hippolyta their queen so they did elect Hippolyta as their leader, but not because of her mouth, unlike the politicians we have today but rather because of her strength, courage, valor, leadership skills and fighting prowess.

in the ancient ages, kings were accepted by their subjects because of their wealth and their skill to raise an army to protect the people.
    The Amazons didn't elect Hippolyta as the queen. The goddesses did. And the Amazons (when written right) do not believe in simple strength or they'd be taking orders from Hercules. And they believed in democracy plenty when they dissolved the monarchy pre Flashpoint
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-14-2017 at 10:05 PM.

I mean if you want Hippoltya to stay queen but have the democracy, simply have them elected senators or amazons that go to themscryia represent them. Heck the amazons can be tribes and their leader and her council goes to the capital

Hey what about this. Each leader of the tribes have their own champion before it was changed to be one. Depending on how many tribes you want. I mean it would give a excuse if one wanted the sex raids but in secret. Some reasons take safety in numbers as an importance when entering the new world. I mean there are a good amount of amazons still angry about what happened to them. Why not have antiople at first being the one to separated and being the Banas.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 10-21-2017 at 10:00 PM.

I mean why use the word senator ? The Greeks allowed people to vote. Okay Hippoltya’s sisters aren’t the leaders of the tribes but Hippoltya’s court. Phillppus is the amazons vote for chancellor . The amazons have self appointed leaders from each tribe to talk with the chancellor , the queen and her courtroom but only in a state of crisis.