View Poll Results: What is your favorite Wonder Woman logo?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1942 - The Original

9 24.32%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

2 5.41%

4 10.81%

3 8.11%

0 0%

3 8.11%

0 0%

0 0%

4 10.81%

8 21.62%
  • 2011 - Current

4 10.81%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

On the flip side, the current one is probably my least favorite.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    The 1974 logo always bothered me because all the letters touch except two, it's like a mistake that no one noticed.
    Gah! Now that I see that, the gap stands out like a sore thumb!

Standing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Gah! Now that I see that, the gap stands out like a sore thumb!
    I like that the 1974 design is a re-working of the 1953 logo--although the 1953 logo is cooler. It began to bother me that DC kept trying to use the 3-D design approach from the Superman logo (an original concept) and apply to all their other logos. It just made those other logos look unoriginal.

I will defend the gap in the logo, as I expect if you actually had a 3-D model of the logo and photographed it from that perspective, there would be a seeming gap. The designer was probably just being logical in recognizing where the vanishing point is in the composition and faithfully producing the logo accordingly. It doesn't look right aesthetically--but reality rarely does. Someone else would have cheated the image to make it "look right" by making it wrong.
    “Don’t mistake my patience for weakness”

Fantastic Member

What stands out to me is how the O+M in Woman overlap so, yet so much light is passing between the O & the N.

Standing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    What stands out to me is how the O+M in Woman overlap so, yet so much light is passing between the O & the N.
    I got that, but what I'm saying is in a perspective drawing you have to imagine all the lines angling to one central point in the distance which is the vanishing point. So whoever designed the logo must have done that and the vanishing point is somewhere directly above and behind the N, which is why you can't see that side of the N, but the O is off centre so you do see that side of the O. It doesn't look right, but probably would be right if you drafted out the design with all the lines projected to the vanishing point.

At least for the top tier WONDER, I think that's what's going on. Eyeballing the bottom tier for WOMAN, I'm not sure if the vanishing point is the same as for the top tier, so the design might have been tweaked after the letters were already set.

“Don’t mistake my patience for weakness”