Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member chongjasmine's Avatar

Default Do you reread comics you like?

Do you reread comics you like?
    Or do you just read a comic once?
    For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son Jesus Christ, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Reading comics/trades at least twice. Once they come out and once the second hits, I'll reread the first. After that its storage for the meh stuff and book shelf for awesome material.

Yes. I'll re-read certain titles/stories.
    Pull List: Vertigo - Astro City Image - Autumnlands, Beauty, Copperhead, East of West, Lazarus, Low, Magdalena, Monstress, The Old Guard, Postal, Regression, Renato Jones: The One %, Samaritan, Snowfall, Spawn, Spread, The Walking Dead, Youngblood. Other - Penny Dreadful, Star Trek: Boldly Go, The Woods.

The only comics I read now are back issues e.g. those that I read back when I was a teenager, or ones that look good from the long period when I didn't read comics. I will often read them more than once.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Actual comics? Maybe twice. Trades? Numerous times. Regarding the latter, I've lost track of how many times I've read Kingdom Come, Walt Simonson's Thor, Claremont/Cockrum/Byrne X-Men, Grant Morrison's JLA, Iron Man: Armor Wars, Punisher: Welcome Back Frank, JLA/Avengers and Green Lantern: Rebirth, just to name a few.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-12-2017 at 07:55 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I reread more comics than I read new ones.

Currently working myself through the good first half of Ultimate Universe again.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

Absolutely. There isn't any new Kirby stuff to read.
    There came a time when the name edhopper died! The final moment came with the fatal release of indescribable power--which tore every post that bore the name edhopper asunder--split it linto a new identity, and filled CBR with the blinding death flash of it's destruction! In the end there was a new user name, spinning slow and barren, clean of all that had gone before, adrift in the fading sounds of binary thunder...THEN----THERE WAS KIRBY101

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series

I reread comics constantly. My favorites like Miller's DD, Byrne's FF, etc., I have probably read at least 6 or 7 times over, maybe more. Newer comics I have not had a chance yet. I want to reread the New 52 Batman family stuff.
    I will fight. Forever. For everyone, whether they know it or not. Whether they are watching or not. I will always fight.---Daredevil

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

Mighty Member

Yes, I re-read comics i like.
    The comics I kept-re-reading over time and again.

Hiyoko Brand: okusama wa Joshi Kousei
    Kodomo no Jikan
    Sense (a manga written/drawn under the pseudonym Haruki)
    Hachi Ichi
    Parallel Paradise (a manga written/drawn by Lynn Okamoto)
    Hanasake! Otome Private Tutoring School (written and drawn by Okano Ahiru)
    Sayonara Fairies (a manga written/drawn under the pseudonym Sumiya)
    Girls Lacrosse Club (a manga written/drawn under the pseudonym DISTANCE)
    Your Dog (a manga written/drawn by Asami Sekiya)

Incredible Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Rarely ever. The only books I reread are the ones I felt mixed on, but in a couple of years I try to go back to, because I like the author of that book's other work.

Oh yes. Comics I love to re-read:

Claremont X-Men(Uncanny, New Mutants, Excalibur etc.)
    Lone Wolf and Cub
    Wuvable Oaf
    Love and Rockets

Very rarely, which is pretty much why i only buy 3 books nowadays per month.
    A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker

Siddhartha Gautama.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Actual comics? Maybe twice. Trades? Numerous times. Regarding the latter, I've lost track of how many times I've read Kingdom Come, Walt Simonson's Thor, Claremont/Cockrum/Byrne X-Men, Grant Morrison's JLA, Iron Man: Armor Wars, Punisher: Welcome Back Frank, JLA/Avengers and Green Lantern: Rebirth, just to name a few.
    This is almost exactly what I would have said.

In addition, some titles really lend themselves to being reread as the title is unfolding. The events in Atlantic City happening multiple times from different perspectives in 100 Bullets being an example that comes to mind.

Quite a bit of Jonathan Hickman's work also lends itself to going back through the trade paperbacks after reading the latest issues.

I reread, especially Xmen Worlds Apart
    "Lightning, deliver this place from darkness." - Storm in X-men TAS.

You should read The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl solo, X-men Gold, Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther solo, Black Panther And The Crew and Black Panther: World of Wakanda

"The Month of May is Ororo Munroe aka Storm Month"

Faves: Ororo Munroe aka Storm (Marvel), X (Dark Horse), Vincent Van Goat (Valiant), Superboy Prime (DC), Ingrid (Street Fighter), Celine Dion (Music)

I reread under two circumstances:
    1 - On summer holidays, I take some whole runs of trades and reread them.
    2 - On a long series, then I'll forget what's going on, so I usually keep getting the trades until I have the whole lot and then start from the beginning

Other than that, practically never. I have too much stuff I haven't read to do that.