Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    What a joke! Jean's worst costume is better than anything Rachel has ever worn.
    lolno. The hound Phoenix outfit trumps all. Also two of Rachel’s costumes actually were Jean’s too so your statement is a logical fallacy.

Personally I think Rachel did not look bad in Jean's old suit.

I also do not understand what the problem of X-mens work with Magneto or better why Kitty or Rachel should be angry if they have done the same in the past? And of course Tyke raising this question is even stranger since he and his adult version are a good example of how people change.

I imagine that after SE the X-mens also already know that Magneto is alive.

Spectacular Member

shouldnt Rachel be wearing her Dark Phoenix/Excalibur costume here instead of Jean's?

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    shouldnt Rachel be wearing her Dark Phoenix/Excalibur costume here instead of Jean's?
    They should’ve put Kitty in 90s Cyclops’ costume and Tyke in 90s Jubilee’s costume.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    The briefs look better on Magneto the shorts look stupid
    You are so right.
    "Lightning, deliver this place from darkness." - Storm in X-men TAS.

You should read The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl solo, X-men Gold, Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther solo, Black Panther And The Crew and Black Panther: World of Wakanda

"The Month of May is Ororo Munroe aka Storm Month"

Faves: Ororo Munroe aka Storm (Marvel), X (Dark Horse), Vincent Van Goat (Valiant), Superboy Prime (DC), Ingrid (Street Fighter), Celine Dion (Music)

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Personally I think Rachel did not look bad in Jean's old suit.

I also do not understand what the problem of X-mens work with Magneto or better why Kitty or Rachel should be angry if they have done the same in the past? And of course Tyke raising this question is even stranger since he and his adult version are a good example of how people change.

I imagine that after SE the X-mens also already know that Magneto is alive.
    That involved some level of reality warping shenanigans - which means that people only remember if the writer considers it convenient.

Who am I kidding? That seems to be the basic rule for Marvel nowadays - characters can forget what they did under a different writer, including life changing revelations, lost or restored limbs, or general effectiveness with powers, so long as the writer feels they need that to change for their story.

I get not wanting to be enslaved to who appeared in a background, or stuff from 30 years ago, but major things from a year or two ago shouldn't be subject to the same rule.

Ultimate Member

Why would they know about Magneto already? Wasn't Xorn supposed to be in charge of New Tian, with Emma behind the scenes? Hydra Cap kept Magneto's continued existence a secret, saying that New Tian would happen and he'd stay out as long as Magneto continued to play dead (of course, Stevil eventually reneged on the deal).

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    The reason Kitty has her original Excalibur costume is because her actual 90s outfit is too similar to her current one.

Last edited by Digifiend; 10-13-2017 at 01:40 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Yes, she sent out the SOS after getting captured by aliens on the fifth year of her lost in space arc.

Though she wasn't exactly appreciative until he saved her a second time.

That too. Though I think the arc is going to have a number of the major characters have issues coming to terms with different versions of Magneto that Mojo will put out. Tyke mentions how can anyone change that much. That probably should be a strange question for some of them, though certainly not all of them.

The equation is actually not all that hard in regard to 90s Magneto of massive power and emotional trauma triggering violent mania/megalomania.

It probably would have made more sense the X-Men asking such questions at the start of the decade rather then now.
    Didn't Magneto and Rachel just team up before Blue kicked off..forgot for what.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    I have no idea.

I stopped after Axis buying a laundry list of titles in the 616 outside X-Men Blue, one mini and a few select Magneto appearances in Uncanny X-Men. Either way as I said he saved her in RAFOTSE twice.

Perhaps most importantly she comes from a universe so bad for Mutants he is a hero to just about all Mutants still alive and not brainwashed slaves and she never really saw Magneto on the full warpath other then maybe on film or in the Danger Room.

If you come from a universe run by genocidal robots and mutant hunting slaves and you were forced to be one I would imagine you have much more appreciation for someone willing to fight to change it.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-13-2017 at 07:48 PM.

Based on the first issue of the arc and this one, it definitely sounds like kitty and jean will Be having some
    Leadership conflict soon.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Ah, that was during Civil War II. I totaly forgot about that event (is that surprising?) :

Fantastic Member

Wait... Bloodstorm is dead? Fingers crossed all time displaced/ alternate children and the like are also weeded out, Gold "Kitty Pride" show ends and we get a good run of X-men books again.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InvincibleDom View Post
    Wait... Bloodstorm is dead? Fingers crossed all time displaced/ alternate children and the like are also weeded out, Gold "Kitty Pride" show ends and we get a good run of X-men books again.
    Sorry to disappoint but nope absolutely none of those things are going to happen including Bloodstorm dying.
    Chris Claremont, Peter David, Mike Carey, Cullen Bunn = canon. Others = fanfic.

Spectacular Member

This X-Crossover is really fun! The art's been really good so far! It feels good to have both teams working together and acknowledging each other. I love when Mojo comes to visit. Also, where's there's Mojo comes Longshot and I always look forward to Longshot panel time. Rachel in the 90's costume is hilarious and I'm all for this purple nostalgia stuff. Bring it on. There’s something really satisfying about throwing Kitty and Rachel into 90’s X-Men Blue scenarios since they totally missed all the action due to being in Excalibur. And it’s awesome that Guggs acknowledges that that time frame too. The team interactions have been fun but I hope we see more of the other teams soon. I'm loving all the Scott/Rachel love this story is giving. Wish it was the adult Cyclops and Jean though...
    Last edited by Tunasammiches; 10-14-2017 at 01:59 PM.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

I guess I must buy this arc because Longshot. I hope I won't regret it later X/

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    I love when Mojo comes to visit. Also, where's there's Mojo comes Longshot and I always look forward to Longshot panel time.
    Attaposter