Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Not one of the best, but probably is for Jean.
    Dark Phoenix is the only really great look for Jean with the red, gold and sash. She's never come close to looking that good again.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Oh, Cyclops.

Happy to see Kitty back in her Excalibur costume, even if its only briefly. It's my favorite look for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Tyke, Mojo's writers aren't exactly reliable sources of information.
    The Mojo script writers lent heavily on 60s Magneto scripts with a dash of 90s Magneto thrown in. Tyke might not have known it was off, but Rachel could certainly tell it was off at least for a 90s Magneto.

60s Magneto though would have a habit of pontificating on ruling the world before getting homicidal.

Last edited by jmc247; 10-12-2017 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Dark Phoenix is the only really great look for Jean with the red, gold and sash. She's never come close to looking that good again.
    I actually prefer the green Phoenix look, Dark Phoenix was too much red for me.

Fantastic Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

I didn't mean to start a debate about Jean's costumes, but to me her green Phoenix costume, her X-Factor costumes (green, red, blue) minus skull cap, her Revolution costume, and her New X-Men outfit are all superior to her 90s costume.

Heck, I like the green mini dress better than the 90s costume. The 90s costume was too bulky looking with the shoulder pads and pouches.

Astonishing Member theoneandonly's Avatar

must it be pointed out in every issue of this crossover that Rachael is the daughter of the most prominent x couple?Anyways bloodstorm is going to end this fight as soon as she finishes her dirt nap. her ashes will probably enter Mojo's lair and she will rematerialize and drink his blood ending the threat at the source. then longshot will probably become the new ruler of mojoworld and it will be renamed as long shot world. this is rather shaping up to be a tame cliched tale rather than a wild unpredictable ride.
    The Self is the only existing reality

Art looks pretty good. Shame the writing is pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    wonder if this will be a problem for Jean and Cyclops relationship
    Yeah feels like drama coming soon. Still love Rachel and tyke moments

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Rachel better not get angry at the O5 working with Magneto, considering she worked with him as well very recently.
    Yeah I was thinking why is this a surprise, Magneto has worked with the x-men many times before.
    First X-Lady

This looks so bad, guys. So bad.

From the art to the writing this is just overall a step down from Bunn that's so noticeable that it almost makes your head spin. The only thing I liked was Tyke acting like a dad.

"See, now I'm going to live, Professor. Not just for me... but for Annie, too. I'm going to have an amazing life, Professor. For both of us." - Marvel Girl #1(2011)

NOW WITH LONGSHOT!
    I'm all aboard this meta-nostalgia train!
    Before he got taken out in X-Men v2 #25, Mags was going full-on speechy megalomaniac. Will that fake plasma cannon do any real world damage?
    Oh, Tyke. Now Kitty will complain to Jeen about working with Magneto while Jeen will complain about Kitty being too bossy. At least we have our conflict between leaders established.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    The green Phoenix costume with the green, gold, and sash was equally awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I actually prefer the green Phoenix look, Dark Phoenix was too much red for me.
    I agree... The red of the Dark Phoenix costume took away from her hair.
    Time travel is optional.
    "Off panel", is a laughable defense.
    If it wasn't printed... It didn't happen

So Rachel calls Cyclops 'dad' last issue and he eventually caves to allow it but they agree to Cyclops while in the field. Now 1 issue later, in the other book, she's calling him Scott. Was there just no communication aside from basic story mapping or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So Rachel calls Cyclops 'dad' last issue and he eventually caves to allow it but they agree to Cyclops while in the field. Now 1 issue later, in the other book, she's calling him Scott. Was there just no communication aside from basic story mapping or something?
    Does anyone really expect consistency from the x-office?