Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member theoneandonly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,118

    Default Marvel teases a major development in thor 700 spoiler

    Marvel Teases spoilers:
    Loki
    end of spoilers Wielding The Infinity Gauntlet in Thor 700.
    [ https://t.co/XP1gxjVTH5
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 10-14-2017 at 05:06 AM.
    The Self is the only existing reality

  2. #2
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    93

    Default

    I know the Infinity Gems are coming back in a big way. Maybe Loki is interested himself?

  3. #3
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    22,982

    Default

    (Cough)Synergy(Cough) .

  4. #4
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    6,169

    Default

    *cough* Marvel Legacy #1 *cough*

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member Raye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    *cough* Marvel Legacy #1 *cough*
    Also, Guardians of the Galaxy, he is after the Soul Stone in... 10? and the preview for next issue has Strange talking to Gamora about the Soul Stone, while a bird, could be a raven or a magpie, but either way probably actually Loki, watches. But I had kind of assumed he had sort of given up on that after losing the Mind Stone in Legacy, opting instead to use the buried Celestial for whatever it is he is doing.
    Last edited by Raye; 10-14-2017 at 09:06 AM.

  6. #6
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    6,169

    Default

    Legacy is the important one to this discussion considering it was written by Mighty Thor writer Jason Aaron. The Guardians thing just seems to be connected to the Baby Groot storyline.

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member Raye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,972

    Default

    I think the Baby Groot thing is just a side effect and part of what tipped them off. if Loki has the Infinty Gantlet here, and there are Celestials right below him, then they must tie together. You can't get an Infinity Gauntlet without getting the Soul Stone.

  8. #8
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    857

    Default

    I was figuring that they'd reinstate Odinson as Thor but transform into a female. That'd be funny.

  9. #9
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    678

    Default

    So tired of the Infinity gems turning up

  10. #10
    Ultimate Member JKtheMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bedford UK
    Posts
    5,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    I was figuring that they'd reinstate Odinson as Thor but transform into a female. That'd be funny.
    Ha. Well it does have mythological precedence. Thor dressing as a woman goes back to the primary sources. But somehow I don't think we will see it in Marvel, even if it could be fun.

  11. #11
    Fantastic Member GodThor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    I was figuring that they'd reinstate Odinson as Thor but transform into a female. That'd be funny.
    at this point, I wouldn't be surprised.

    Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    So tired of the Infinity gems turning up
    same. they are boring af.

    one good thing about #700 is that Jane is getting beat up by She-Hulk.

  12. #12
    Incredible Member King_Thor13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    611

    Default

    From now until Infinity War I expect we'll have the looming threat of the Infinity Gauntlet. Infinity Stones are mentioned across various titles right now, and I expect the conclusion to that arc will roughly collude with the film release.

    Its kinda cool seeing Loki become a pivotal character again, not just in Thor, but across multiple books. I hate to imagine what he could do with one or more Infinity gems/stones. Also, just as a random thought, have the Norn Stones ever been seen again since Loki had them last?

  13. #13
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    17,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    So tired of the Infinity gems turning up
    It's sort of expected, given the Infinity War movie is coming down the pike.

    Also, I don't think the gems have been used THAT much. We're just teasing them here and there an building up to some sort of big story down the line. The last time I think they were REALLY used in any siginificant way was in Secret Wars.

  14. #14
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    17,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    From now until Infinity War I expect we'll have the looming threat of the Infinity Gauntlet. Infinity Stones are mentioned across various titles right now, and I expect the conclusion to that arc will roughly collude with the film release.

    Its kinda cool seeing Loki become a pivotal character again, not just in Thor, but across multiple books. I hate to imagine what he could do with one or more Infinity gems/stones. Also, just as a random thought, have the Norn Stones ever been seen again since Loki had them last?
    Loki isn't exactly a stranger to using the gems. He had a bit of experience with them in the Ultraverse (though I'm not sure if all of that is still canon).

  15. #15
    Incredible Member King_Thor13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Loki isn't exactly a stranger to using the gems. He had a bit of experience with them in the Ultraverse (though I'm not sure if all of that is still canon).
    I have no idea what the Ultraverse is so this is entirely foreign to me

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •