Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,756

    Default B.P.R.D. 1949 - Will it ever happen in the future?

    Well, there has been:
    * B.P.R.D. 1946
    * B.P.R.D. 1947
    * B.P.R.D. 1948
    As well as:
    * Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. 1952
    * Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. 1953
    * Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. 1954
    and we're in the middle of
    * Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. 1955

    Anybody think we'll ever get series for 1949, 1950, and 1951 someday?

  2. #2
    Spectacular Member chongjasmine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    232

    Default

    I hope so.
    For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son Jesus Christ, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

  3. #3
    Spectacular Member Skinkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    127

    Default

    We got a mini 1949 embedded in BPRD The Devil’s Wings

  4. #4
    Mighty Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skinkie View Post
    We got a mini 1949 embedded in BPRD The Devil’s Wings
    Yeah, I thought that was a great flash back.

  5. #5
    Incredible Member Kees_L's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    802

    Default

    The Hellboy Companion reflects the gap too, so it appears deliberate?

    Also if I read correctly there's a move for the B.P.R.D. headquarters in between, so maybe there could be a story about the time the (former) headquarters blew up or something?

    Time will tell.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Louriť / Dr. Pepper

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    The Hellboy Companion reflects the gap too, so it appears deliberate?

    Also if I read correctly there's a move for the B.P.R.D. headquarters in between, so maybe there could be a story about the time the (former) headquarters blew up or something?

    Time will tell.
    The move happens in between 1947 and 1948.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Anybody think we'll ever get series for 1949, 1950, and 1951 someday?
    It's always possible, but I never expect they'll fill in all the years. Even with Hellboy and the B.P.R.D., sooner or later I expect there will be a time jump or other eras visited. Although I do expect we'll get significant chunks of at least three books all the time.

  8. #8
    Spectacular Member Skinkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    127

    Default

    I wonder if 49-51 are being saved for possible BPRD Vampire stories. That way Bruttenholm would still be the main focus rather than Hellboy also getting involved

  9. #9
    Mighty Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skinkie View Post
    I wonder if 49-51 are being saved for possible BPRD Vampire stories. That way Bruttenholm would still be the main focus rather than Hellboy also getting involved
    That would be my guess, and with the Vampires being teased in the latest BPRD issue I'm wondering if we're going to see that continuation in some form sooner rather than later.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •