All-New Member

Default New Teen Titans Omnibus (New Edition) Question

I had a question about the New Teen Titans Omnibus that as just released in September I was wondering if you guys could help me with. I was looking at buying it and having it as my main source of reading the comics. I have read the first couple of issues and I like it enough so far that I would like to buy the omnibus and continue reading from it.

My question was regarding the binding. I noticed that on the previously released New Teen Titans omnibuses from five years ago, the books were bound with glue. As I plan on using the omnibus as my main reading source, I was really hoping these new editions would have sewn binding. I have looked all over for reviews and videos but I haven't been able to find a picture anywhere that shows it has seen binding.

Would any of you guys know if this new edition had sewn binding?, or do they have a glued binding like the older omnibuses? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Side-Note: If this post belongs in the collected editions thread instead of here, mods feel free to move it as you see fit.

Glue
    You can really see it clear as day.
    Has a better mesh flexible spine that helps open the book more flat.
    D C really (imho) have a problem of confidence in there history and what fans are willing to pay.
    Marvel will put the extra money in quality and charge extra, while D C will take a cheaper route to
    "simulate" what makes Marvel omnibuses so well praised.
    I have seen some future D C omnibuses going up from $100 to $125, so maybe they finally accepted
    this is more than just a readers market, but a reader/ investors market.
    My cheaper Batman Rebirth Deluxe looks sewn..... I know my Ms Marvel (Kamala) Omnibus is and both look
    and read better for it.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Glue
    You can really see it clear as day.
    Has a better mesh flexible spine that helps open the book more flat.
    D C really (imho) have a problem of confidence in there history and what fans are willing to pay.
    Marvel will put the extra money in quality and charge extra, while D C will take a cheaper route to
    "simulate" what makes Marvel omnibuses so well praised.
    I have seen some future D C omnibuses going up from $100 to $125, so maybe they finally accepted
    this is more than just a readers market, but a reader/ investors market.
    My cheaper Batman Rebirth Deluxe looks sewn..... I know my Ms Marvel (Kamala) Omnibus is and both look
    and read better for it.
    Thank you for letting me know. I'm disappointed by this as I'm not sure a glue binding (no matter how good), would fair well being read constantly and opened/closed constantly in contrast to how a sewn binding would fair.

Extreme apologies and an up date.
    My Teen Titans does show a lot of glue on the spine, but while looking more close I can see it is also has 7 long white stiches across the
    inner crease (example page 496/ 497). So while they did use glue, each section of the book is stitched to the mesh spine.
    Sorry to you and especially D C Comics for my unacceptable failure to fully check the book and jumping to a ignorant conclusion.
    .............. On the bright side, my want and passion to buy more D C books is back on track