Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 79
  1. #61
    Mighty Member Soubhagya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Imagine if Hippolyta was that blunt about it towards Diana during their weekly conversations?

    "Have you gotten pregnant yet?"

    "No mother..."

    "For the sake of Olympus child! You have the beauty of Aphrodite, it cant be that hard to find a suitor!"

    (In all honesty though, I think it's actually a little off that Hippolyta appears that eager to have grandchildren... especially when it appears not to not even have crossed Diana's mind.)
    That's a good way to bring some laughs!

    I am not happy to see her separated completely. In my view Diana shall go to Paradise Island once in a while. At least have conversations through the mind mirror. If you don't mind me asking where are these panels from?

    Diana not having a thought about a kid is probably due to the writers. There is stigma associated with superheros as parents. It 'ages' them according to many. Her neglect has been brought up in another thread. There were imaginary stories with kids for Superman or Batman. People find it somewhat difficult to think of a mother and a superhero. I am not painting everyone with the same brush. For a lot of them its more subtle. Something even writers may not be aware of.

    I pin the in story reason as Diana being busy. But since you have brought it up it does seem odd. She is best friends with Bruce and Clark. It should have crossed her mind.

  2. #62
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    That's a good way to bring some laughs!

    I am not happy to see her separated completely. In my view Diana shall go to Paradise Island once in a while. At least have conversations through the mind mirror. If you don't mind me asking where are these panels from?
    Simone's run... she's pretty much the only writer who'd get away with something like this and not cause somekind of internet meltdown.

    Diana not having a thought about a kid is probably due to the writers. There is stigma associated with superheros as parents. It 'ages' them according to many. Her neglect has been brought up in another thread. There were imaginary stories with kids for Superman or Batman. People find it somewhat difficult to think of a mother and a superhero. I am not painting everyone with the same brush. For a lot of them its more subtle. Something even writers may not be aware of.

    I pin the in story reason as Diana being busy. But since you have brought it up it does seem odd. She is best friends with Bruce and Clark. It should have crossed her mind.
    I think thats true, especially when it comes to high-profile female characters that you can't really have 'going away' for 9 months or bounce around being a superhero while hevily pregnant... since some people will think both her and the writer being irresponsible about the child.
    Like notice whenever biological kids of female heroes tend to be either from the future, made of magic or even conceived when the character has been in limbo.

    I pin it down as either Steve really being the one and only. Or that Diana is actually a little picky about who she might fancy. Like I dont think we've really gotten much of a clue to what Diana is actually looking for or at in a partner.

  3. #63
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    She looks too eager to be a grandmother.

    If only there were a mind mirror Diana would have no end to it!
    Of course she's eager to be a grandmother if Thomas Andrew Tresser is the father
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

  4. #64
    Legendary Member daBronzeBomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Usually at the End of Time
    Posts
    2,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    1) there is nothing wrong with a woman marrying and having children if she wants to.
    In other news, water: wet. Never said anything about it being wrong for a woman, just it being wrong for THIS woman. And she has never displayed any desire to have kids in any canon issue I can recall.


    2) Steve and Diana actually married and had a child at one point pre Crisis
    That was the Earth-2 Wonder Woman and Steve, not "our" Pre-Crisis WW. "Our" PC Earth-1 Diana married Steve and then promptly devolved back into clay around the Crisis, IIRC, to make way for the Post-COIE version to come later.


    3) I'm not seeing any evidence provided in your post as to why Diana isn't cut out for motherhood

    A child needs a stable environment with someone to watch over them when they are out heroing. Bruce has Alfred for Damian (and soon Selina) in Wayne Manor. Clark has Lois for Jon at the farm. Diana has no one, and no stable home.

    More to the point, Wonder Woman MUST have her own editorial before any child (either as a 10-year-old out of nowhere like Damian and Jon OR the whole Diana is pregnant in real-time for 9 months route) can be introduced. An editorial that will protect said child from simply disappearing with the next creative team.

    I'm not seeing any evidence provided by anyone as to why Diana is cut out for motherhood right now (and for the foreseeable future). Because she isn't.

  5. #65
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    In other news, water: wet. Never said anything about it being wrong for a woman, just it being wrong for THIS woman.
    Why? It’s not the 1940s any more. William Marston no longer writes Diana.


    Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    And she has never displayed any desire to have kids in any canon issue I can recall.
    I can. Gail Simone’s run.


    Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    That was the Earth-2 Wonder Woman and Steve, not "our" Pre-Crisis WW. "Our" PC Earth-1 Diana married Steve and then promptly devolved back into clay around the Crisis, IIRC, to make way for the Post-COIE version to come later.
    It still shows precedent. Damian Wayne wasn’t supposed to be in continuity until he was.





    Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    A child needs a stable environment with someone to watch over them when they are out heroing. Bruce has Alfred for Damian (and soon Selina) in Wayne Manor. Clark has Lois for Jon at the farm. Diana has no one, and no stable home.
    Diana has Steve, Etta and once they get back in the book, Donna, Cassie and the Amazons.
    And there is nothing remotely stable about the Batfamily.

    Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    More to the point, Wonder Woman MUST have her own editorial before any child (either as a 10-year-old out of nowhere like Damian and Jon OR the whole Diana is pregnant in real-time for 9 months route) can be introduced. An editorial that will protect said child from simply disappearing with the next creative team.
    This is about the only thing I agree with.

    Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    I'm not seeing any evidence provided by anyone as to why Diana is cut out for motherhood right now (and for the foreseeable future). Because she isn't.
    She’s about as cut out for parenthood as Bruce and Clark were before they suddenly had kids.

  6. #66
    Mighty Member Thor2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Asgard
    Posts
    1,381

    Default

    I don't think our Diana should be a mother. Unlike Bruce and Clark, it would affect her physically and take her out of action for a considerable period. I would like to see an Earth-Two daughter: Lyta Trevor, Fury. Have her operate on earth alongside Helena Wayne Huntress and Karen Star Power Girl. I think comic readers are open-minded (with the Multiverse concept) enough now to accept off-worlder off-spring interacting with their parental counterparts.

  7. #67
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The north.
    Posts
    1,324

    Default

    As long as there's a story. She's a kick ass mother in The Dark Knight Master Race to a teenage daughter and an infant son.

  8. #68
    Mighty Member Mutant God's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    I don't think our Diana should be a mother. Unlike Bruce and Clark, it would affect her physically and take her out of action for a considerable period. I would like to see an Earth-Two daughter: Lyta Trevor, Fury. Have her operate on earth alongside Helena Wayne Huntress and Karen Star Power Girl. I think comic readers are open-minded (with the Multiverse concept) enough now to accept off-worlder off-spring interacting with their parental counterparts.
    Unless she makes it out of clay.
    Skeeter: Hey time traveling O5 members of the X-Men We don't take kindly to people who create a time paradox around here!

    Bartender: Now calm down Skeeter they aint hurtin nobody.

    Skeeter: No! I wanna know som'in from the "O5" How come you cant go back to your own timeline in the first place and how come when Reed Richards "fixed" the universe you wasnt put back and how come the changes that happn to you dont happn to your present day selves?

    Bartender: Skeeter I dont want trouble

  9. #69
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    167

  10. #70
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    I don't think our Diana should be a mother. Unlike Bruce and Clark, it would affect her physically and take her out of action for a considerable period.
    I disagree. It is a comic book after all. If Xena: Warrior Princess, Sydney Bristow and Spider-woman can all battle baddies while heavily pregnant, then Wonder Woman can too!

    But, I'm still not in favour of Diana having a child at this time.

  11. #71
    Mad scientist Carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    13,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    I disagree. It is a comic book after all. If Xena: Warrior Princess, Sydney Bristow and Spider-woman can all battle baddies while heavily pregnant, then Wonder Woman can too!

    But, I'm still not in favour of Diana having a child at this time.
    And of course after Xena had her daughter there was a 25 year time jump so she was all grown up, and Sydney's daughter was pretty much the end of the show.
    I have no idea about Spider-Woman or how Catwoman's daughter was resolved.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

  12. #72
    Heir of Batman adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    I liked her daughter Fury of Earth 2..

    Another daughter... I want one child of clay, more easy for make her with similar age to Damian..
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-14-2017 at 03:50 AM.

  13. #73
    Mad scientist Carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    13,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I liked her daughter Fury of Earth 2...
    Isn't she like the original Helena Wayne Huntress? A character whose childhood we didn't really get to see and who was introduced after Earth 2 Wonder woman had retired?
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

  14. #74
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    And of course after Xena had her daughter there was a 25 year time jump so she was all grown up, and Sydney's daughter was pretty much the end of the show.
    I have no idea about Spider-Woman or how Catwoman's daughter was resolved.
    I thing Drew still has her kid... as does Tigra and her kitten.
    Catwoman ended up adopting hers away, not surprising considering how everyone and everything were coming at her and targeting the kid as part of that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Isn't she like the original Helena Wayne Huntress? A character whose childhood we didn't really get to see and who was introduced after Earth 2 Wonder woman had retired?
    If its the current Earth-2, then no... Fury is Donna and she's Diana's daughter... why didn't she just come over to the main Earth instead of the current Donna?
    Last edited by Outside_85; 11-14-2017 at 03:55 AM.

  15. #75
    Heir of Batman adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Isn't she like the original Helena Wayne Huntress? A character whose childhood we didn't really get to see and who was introduced after Earth 2 Wonder woman had retired?
    I only remember that Stephenwolf was her father(nothing good) and a few more, she was with the father before change of side..

    DC wiki surprised me, seems that her name is DONNA of Amazon Island(or I forgot this), Fury is one alias.. But nothing wrong with the parents..

    http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Donna_of_Am...land_(Earth_2)
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-14-2017 at 03:57 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •