Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 214
  1. #16
    Spectacular Member AlcorDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    106

    Default

    I bet Tim-god hacks everything. I bet he hacks the Watchtower and Fortress of Solitude. I bet he hacks Doctor Fate's helmet too. Then he hacks collective consciousness on the humanity. For good measure he hacks speed force too. And because all those wasn't challenging enough he hacks Docor Manhattan's brain for lulz on the side.

    Gods. Will Tim's character ever recover from all this bullshit Tynion piled on him. I mean, at least other Robins are cameo's so it's easier to discard their already pointless involment here. But Tim is the centerpiece of this arc and ugggggh he'll never live it down in fandom.

  2. #17
    Mighty Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    This future Tim now seems to come from a future no longer connected to the current time, as shown when present Tim had no idea who Connor was.
    Never considered that but still irritated by this story.

  3. #18
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,782

    Default

    Alright someone stop me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the pit have healed all or most of Jason's injuries? I mean it brought him back from the dead and would have to heal his injuries to do that? Am I crazy?

  4. #19
    Spectacular Member AlcorDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Alright someone stop me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the pit have healed all or most of Jason's injuries? I mean it brought him back from the dead and would have to heal his injuries to do that? Am I crazy?
    Tynion logic. Pits even brought back some thoroughly decomposed corpses before tho it's not recommended. I doubt writer cares about much else over his fanboy glasses rn.

  5. #20
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Alright someone stop me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the pit have healed all or most of Jason's injuries? I mean it brought him back from the dead and would have to heal his injuries to do that? Am I crazy?
    No you are not crazy I literally just had the same thought the Lazarus Pit brings you back from death but did not heal a Bone Spur? My biggest criticism of Tynion is often that I think he is really lazy with his writing at times. Just have Tim fight Jason why make up the Bone Spur thing?

  6. #21
    Mighty Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blitzwolf215 View Post
    I figured Damian had something to with what happened to Jon in the future. While Damian being bad in the future is getting kinda old, a storyline where he learns in multiple futures he goes bad could be an interesting story. Him dealing with this info and how he reacts to it.
    Damian shouldn't have anything to do with Jon. Damian isn't evil. He was conditioned and misguided but never bad. now he is a hero it seems that DC writers subscribe to the one drop rule. It's such lazy writing.

  7. #22
    Amazing Member mrjames21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's almost hard to tell Bruce and Tim apart...

    I still don't think the Robins needed to be here.

    I guess Tim's line about Damian doing something to Jon in the future will be developed in the upcoming Teen Titans/Super Sons/Superman crossover.

    "Sorry Tim, I don't believe in Santa Claus" Oh Jason .
    Ok, there are some new clues here.....When Bat-Tim says that Damian does something terrible to "The Kent Boy", does that mean since HE still remembers and knows Conner, that Conner will come back and co-exist with Jon????

  8. #23
    Mighty Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrjames21 View Post
    Ok, there are some new clues here.....When Bat-Tim says that Damian does something terrible to "The Kent Boy", does that mean since HE still remembers and knows Conner, that Conner will come back and co-exist with Jon????
    Yeah Conner is coming back and i'm confident it is to co-exist.

  9. #24
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Damian shouldn't have anything to do with Jon. Damian isn't evil. He was conditioned and misguided but never bad. now he is a hero it seems that DC writers subscribe to the one drop rule. It's such lazy writing.
    Thankfully Tomasi is writing Super Sons and Teen Titans crossover not Tynion because I don't think Tomasi is intrested in making Damian evil literally I could see them establishing the evil future and just breaking down why it does not happen. I expect by the end whatever happens in the Super Sons/Teen Titans Crossover brings Jon and Damian closer not farther apart. Tomasi I think is intrested in building both of then as heroes and he has a plan. I can't say I know where Tynion is going in Detective.

  10. #25
    Amazing Member mrjames21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blitzwolf215 View Post
    I figured Damian had something to with what happened to Jon in the future. While Damian being bad in the future is getting kinda old, a storyline where he learns in multiple futures he goes bad could be an interesting story. Him dealing with this info and how he reacts to it.
    Poor DAMIAN??? This is the same nut who caused Wally West (the original) to have a heart problem and threaten the existence of the future without thinking through the consequences of his actions! This kid needs to really start really reviewing his actions before he does something that can't be fixed!

  11. #26
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlcorDee View Post
    Tynion logic. Pits even brought back some thoroughly decomposed corpses before tho it's not recommended. I doubt writer cares about much else over his fanboy glasses rn.
    Quote Originally Posted by reni344 View Post
    No you are not crazy I literally just had the same thought the Lazarus Pit brings you back from death but did not heal a Bone Spur? My biggest criticism of Tynion is often that I think he is really lazy with his writing at times. Just have Tim fight Jason why make up the Bone Spur thing?
    Okay I was just checking. But c'mon Tynion. Like thinking about it for 5 minutes would've solved this problem. I wonder if someone will complain about it on twitter.

  12. #27
    Spectacular Member AlcorDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    106

    Default

    I'm confused why Tim would refer to job so unfamilliarly as "the Kent boy" tho if his bromance with Conner exists in this universe. He would've seen Job grow up and hang out with Conner and come to superfam birthday parties and shit.

    ***Perhaps Tynion didn't know that Lazarus Pits were involved in Jason's "healing" process. Which everyone and their dog know. But I'm slowly learning not to underestimate his single-minded fanboying. It'd be shameful if DETECTIVE COMICS of all books is being written by someone who gives so little fucks to know about some of the broadest, most basic elements of Batman cast.
    Last edited by AlcorDee; 11-06-2017 at 11:30 AM.

  13. #28
    Astonishing Member Caivu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reni344 View Post
    No you are not crazy I literally just had the same thought the Lazarus Pit brings you back from death but did not heal a Bone Spur?
    I don't think that counts as an injury. Going by that logic, anyone who gets Pitted would have every physical defect fixed, and I've never heard of that being the case.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

    Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow



    Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

  14. #29
    Mighty Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrjames21 View Post
    Poor DAMIAN??? This is the same nut who caused Wally West (the original) to have a heart problem and threaten the existence of the future without thinking through the consequences of his actions! This kid needs to really start really reviewing his actions before he does something that can't be fixed!
    His actions saved the world if I recall it didn't have to lead to a pace maker that was on the writer. I blame DC who continually crap on decent characters. Wally didn't have to have a pace Maker A writer choose to give him that pace maker.

  15. #30
    Heir of Batman adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    3,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blitzwolf215 View Post
    I figured Damian had something to with what happened to Jon in the future. While Damian being bad in the future is getting kinda old, a storyline where he learns in multiple futures he goes bad could be an interesting story. Him dealing with this info and how he reacts to it.
    .. I remember the last arc of JUSTICE LEAGUE.. They were better deaths as cools heroes(according Hunter) than this... Even Batman Beyond Damian is a good/neutral character..

    Damian was doomed for batman 666 here, but I think that Jon problem(death of millions) will be only one hero mistake, before the Tomorrow Titans wanted the "PERFECT WORLD", they are another REGIME or JUSTICE LORDS..

    Quote Originally Posted by mrjames21 View Post
    Poor DAMIAN??? This is the same nut who caused Wally West (the original) to have a heart problem and threaten the existence of the future without thinking through the consequences of his actions! This kid needs to really start really reviewing his actions before he does something that can't be fixed!
    WRITERS, BAD DECISIONS... Kid Flash was who begin this, there are two responsibles, not only one..

    He is "death" now, no? If the writers are smart, this problem will dissapear with his return... unlike they want to continue with this, nothing will change....
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-06-2017 at 11:56 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •