Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 151
  1. #91
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    318

    Default

    The Gong and Zoot

  2. #92
    Astonishing Member sakuyamons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    2,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Yes, there is a reason not to repeat it: some of us don't want to see it happen.
    (The poor lady is already stuck with Tom King's "writing" her at present.)
    Whatever Bendis does with her has to be better than

    'Bat, you are justice'
    'Cat, you are justice.'

    Besides, a morally grey white lady is Bendis "Strength"

  3. #93
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    77

    Default

    I think he would be ok on Green Arrow. Because of Torso and Sam and Twitch Gotham Central or Metropolis SPU. Because of Fire Checkmate or the Suicide Squad. If he could keep it street level Question or the Creeper.

  4. #94
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    24,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Whatever Bendis does with her has to be better than

    'Bat, you are justice'
    'Cat, you are justice.'

    Besides, a morally grey white lady is Bendis "Strength"
    Y'know, I think Bendis would probably be able to write a good Catwoman, but you just never know .

  5. #95
    Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Earth-31
    Posts
    965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    I think he would be ok on Green Arrow. Because of Torso and Sam and Twitch Gotham Central or Metropolis SPU. Because of Fire Checkmate or the Suicide Squad. If he could keep it street level Question or the Creeper.
    GCPD book where the cops look halfway competent?
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

    There’s a palace in your head, boy.

    Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

  6. #96
    Swordsman Supreme R0NIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticScholar View Post
    GCPD book where the cops look halfway competent?
    Absolutely this.

  7. #97
    Incredible Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Underneath the Brooklyn Bridge
    Posts
    661

    Default

    I think putting Bendis on a Bat-book would be sort of a waste of potential. I know that Bat-comics sell, but the Batman mythos are a little too over-saturated, and honestly any DC character Bendis will be on, no matter how obscure will make money. Why be safe and put him on a Batman related book while he could make a B-list or C-list character uber popular.
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 11-11-2017 at 01:02 PM.

  8. #98
    Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Earth-31
    Posts
    965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I think putting Bendis on a Bat-book would be sort of a waste of potential. I know that Bat-comics sell, but the Batman mythos are a little too over-saturated, and honestly any DC character Bendis will be on, no matter how obscure will make money.
    Maybe write The Question?
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

    There’s a palace in your head, boy.

    Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

  9. #99
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    901

    Default

    Not Dick (This sounds so wrong).

  10. #100
    Mighty Member JackDaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticScholar View Post
    Maybe write The Question?
    From my personal bias that would be an excellent choice.

    The stuff of his that I’ve enjoyed has been on fairly low to medium powered characters..Alias, Daredevil and Ultimate Spider-man.

    On high powered characters, stuff like his Avengers I found his stuff really boring.

    I wouldn’t be remotely tempted to read him if he was put on Superman or JLA. On The Question, I’d consider doing so.

  11. #101
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,719

    Default

    I'm almost sorry to suggest this, but I wonder if Bendis would be any good on a revival of Sandman Mystery Theatre?


  12. #102
    Mighty Member BatmanJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Whatever Bendis does with her has to be better than

    'Bat, you are justice'
    'Cat, you are justice.'

    Besides, a morally grey white lady is Bendis "Strength"
    If you actually find King's Batman so ridiculous you ought to have been able to demonstrate that point with actual quotes from his comics instead of making something up. This is the definition of a straw man argument.

  13. #103
    Invincible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    10,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticScholar View Post
    Maybe write The Question?
    A lot of people have suggested the Question, but I'm conflicted. I don't know if he could do the either the absolutist Ditko version or the philosophical O'Neil version. And to split the difference and do the animated DCU version who's a conspiracy nut, I'm not sure that's in Bendis's wheelhouse.








    You know what? This has nothing to do with Benids, but thinking about it, DC should get Howard Chaykin to do a Question mini!

  14. #104
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    You know what? This has nothing to do with Bendis, but thinking about it, DC should get Howard Chaykin to do a Question mini!
    No thank you.

    Chaykin's writing (for me, at least) overall hasn't been very enjoyable since back in the last century.

  15. #105
    Astonishing Member sakuyamons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    2,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    If you actually find King's Batman so ridiculous you ought to have been able to demonstrate that point with actual quotes from his comics instead of making something up. This is the definition of a straw man argument.
    I don’t consider King’s Batman ridiculous (other than the repetitive Miller-Esque dialogue), his portrayal of Selina could be...questionable at times. Then again, that is my opinion. I actually enjoyed War of Jokes and Riddles.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •