Astonishing Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Gotham Central Rebirth?

This was my favorite Bat-book. Who would like to see it return? Especially with Rucka at the helm?
    Listen, lady! I am thirteen years old and driving a Bat-hog through the Amazon on a Tuesday morning! I am ALREADY winning!

-Robin

Not interested. Now a Renee Montoya Question book with Jim and Bullock as supporting characters? That I'd be down for!

Honestly a Renee Montoya Question book is the only 'Bat' book I'd want to see that doesn't have Cass.
    Last edited by Assam; 11-08-2017 at 09:10 PM.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

Please refer to me with gender neutral pronouns.

For me it would depend on the creative team and what they have to say with the book but somehow I don't think anyone will be able to capture what Brubaker and Rucka were able to do.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    This was my favorite Bat-book. Who would like to see it return? Especially with Rucka at the helm?
    Yes! But likely without Rucka. Honestly Central is the only thing I'd have faith in Bendis writing. If he could make it as good as when he did ALIAS for Marvel, then Central would be in great hands. One Condition though. Jim and ESPECIALLY Bullock better be major characters. Not just cameos and guests

As long as Renee Montoya is the main character and Batman and continue to play only background roles, I'm interested.
    I think I'd rather have a Metropolis book starring Lois and the Daily Planet thought. GC has been done very well already.

Yes. It’s long overdue for a comeback. This is the book Bendis would do a fantastic job at, but you wouldn’t hear me complain if Greg Rucka came back either. DC needs more books like Gotham Central, it was a great series. I’m still mad we got Gotham instead of a Gotham Central tv series.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Who would like to see it return? Especially with Rucka at the helm?
    How likely is Rucka to do another regular DC book again in the near-future, even if it was just a monthly (as opposed to a twice-a-month) title?

I saw Gotham Central book in one image about DC Comics that Bendis is going to read...

Rucka? No, thanks..

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

One of the best runs of any mainstream comics, ever. Wouldn’t mind it making a comeback. Especially, if Rucka is at the helm.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Rucka or Bendis or etc, hopefully it will be revived some day. I don't want Montoya Question, I want GCPD Montoya. Bullock, Montoya, etc.
    Thank you America for voting for change.