Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 217
  1. #31
    Spectacular Member AlcorDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Last time Bruce rejected her and their son choose Dick over her... Come to think of it, it's probably a good idea Damian and "his circus boy" are staying outside.

    And sheesh I actually prefer how Talia was handled in regards to CatBat in Hush. Then again, Bruce hadn't shoved it in her face on her own doorstep back there.

  2. #32
    Fantastic Member CryNotWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    If the issue is whether there is any precedent to Talia desiring to use the Pits, then the answer is (like it or not) YES. See Batman 330-335 by Wolfman which revealed that Talia used the Pits to stay young/appear young. Now of course later writers would ignore this story or appear to (which was a bit odd since there weren't too many big Ra's arcs & this was treated a big one). But it was early perhaps "classic" Talia canon for a bit.
    That was pre-Crisis, and I always saw that as kind of a throwaway line about a woman's vanity. IIRC in post-Crisis it was forced repeated use of the Lazarus Pits in Death and the Maidens that drove Talia crazy, which is what Morrison was pulling from when he wrote her the way he did. And IDK, I never saw Ra's as being a very "hands on" type of father, which is what made Damian's upbringing pretty unique from hers and why his relationship with Talia is so different from the one Talia has with Ra's.

    But then again, hey, it looks like I'm wrong, and the idea that Ra's exposed his daughter to the pits many times at a young age is quite an interesting development in and of itself, so I'm interested in seeing where he goes with it.

  3. #33
    Incredible Member WontonGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    That was pre-Crisis, and I always saw that as kind of a throwaway line about a woman's vanity. IIRC in post-Crisis it was forced repeated use of the Lazarus Pits in Death and the Maidens that drove Talia crazy, which is what Morrison was pulling from when he wrote her the way he did. And IDK, I never saw Ra's as being a very "hands on" type of father, which is what made Damian's upbringing pretty unique from hers and why his relationship with Talia is so different from the one Talia has with Ra's.

    But then again, hey, it looks like I'm wrong, and the idea that Ra's exposed his daughter to the pits many times at a young age is quite an interesting development in and of itself, so I'm interested in seeing where he goes with it.
    Pre-Crisis, we don't know how he was as a Father to her when she was growing up BUT we do know that they used those Pits and they were part of their lifestyle. Post -Crisis, we know they used the pits as well. But nobody really gave to hoots about how Ra's raised Talia. Then when the writer filled in the blanks, well there was bounds to be some creative license because their wasn't a blueprint for it.

  4. #34
    Incredible Member WontonGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlcorDee View Post
    Last time Bruce rejected her and their son choose Dick over her... Come to think of it, it's probably a good idea Damian and "his circus boy" are staying outside.
    Bruce has been rejecting this woman since The Monkey Bone story back in the late 80's, LOL! Actually really since, "I Know Pronounce You Batman & Wife" story years earlier.

    And her and Dick never had no kind of love for each other since 1971 so....

  5. #35
    Incredible Member WontonGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Would any woman? Bruce Wayne is the Worlds Greatest Detective except when it comes to deducing emotions.
    I mean, in terms of the story, they only went there because Holly is there. IF Holly was hiding somewhere else, that's where they would had been and she would had found out about the engagement most likely through her son OR through her stalking or spies, since I am willing to bet she still keeps tabs on him.

    In terms of King though, the reason why Holly is hiding THERE is so King can show that reaction. According to King, he will be bringing back some other exes too, including Silver St. Cloud. So, King is placing these people where they would be. He wouldn't bump into Talia at Kenneth Cole or Louis Vuitton in downtown Gotham BUT he would bump into Vicki Vale all of a sudden.

  6. #36
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    24,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlcorDee View Post
    And sheesh I actually prefer how Talia was handled in regards to CatBat in Hush. Then again, Bruce hadn't shoved it in her face on her own doorstep back there.
    We can't have Talia acting classy now .

  7. #37
    Astonishing Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    I mean, in terms of the story, they only went there because Holly is there. IF Holly was hiding somewhere else, that's where they would had been and she would had found out about the engagement most likely through her son OR through her stalking or spies, since I am willing to bet she still keeps tabs on him.

    In terms of King though, the reason why Holly is hiding THERE is so King can show that reaction. According to King, he will be bringing back some other exes too, including Silver St. Cloud. So, King is placing these people where they would be. He wouldn't bump into Talia at Kenneth Cole or Louis Vuitton in downtown Gotham BUT he would bump into Vicki Vale all of a sudden.
    And of course they had to go together to get Holly right? Selina did not absolutely need to be there but like you said King want's all his exes reacting to the news. Which is also the reason why Talia of all people is harbouring her.

    With 100 issues you have to inject drama however you can.
    He could bump into Talia anywhere King writes. Who's to say she's not lurking in the bushes behind Wayne manor stalking Bruce or posing as his secretary. She is crazy and her Beloved keeps rejecting her.

  8. #38
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Holly will try to save Selina and die.

  9. #39
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    12,188

    Default

    Wow, that is one sweet cover! I love it!
    I will fight. Forever. For everyone, whether they know it or not. Whether they are watching or not. I will always fight.---Daredevil

    "There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

    "I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

    For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

  10. #40
    Mighty Member Fergus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    1,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We can't have Talia acting classy now .
    Why go classy when you can have theatricality

    Talia crashes Batcat wedding


  11. #41
    Mighty Member Fergus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    1,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    And of course they had to go together to get Holly right? Selina did not absolutely need to be there but like you said King want's all his exes reacting to the news. Which is also the reason why Talia of all people is harbouring her.

    With 100 issues you have to inject drama however you can.
    He could bump into Talia anywhere King writes. Who's to say she's not lurking in the bushes behind Wayne manor stalking Bruce or posing as his secretary. She is crazy and her Beloved keeps rejecting her.
    Wrong she crashed the wedding in an ombre wig mate

  12. #42
    Incredible Member WontonGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Who's to say she's not lurking in the bushes behind Wayne manor stalking Bruce or posing as his secretary. She is crazy and her Beloved keeps rejecting her.
    Dietrich, I can't with you, LOLOLOL!

  13. #43
    Incredible Member WontonGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Did you guys see that a ton of pages from Issue #35 were leaked on Saturday? Like a ton!

  14. #44
    Spectacular Member AlcorDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Ya. It happened with the Dd scenes in previous issue too. I'm not sure if I'm happy or not. I mean, on one hand, more batbros! But without rest of the context... I know I complain about King tumblr'ing Robins a lot but maybe I should be more concerned with his handling of women in Bruce's life. I mean,
    spoilers:
    I just saw Selina brag to a kid about hurting his mom, even if we're talking about the al Ghuls who are all around stone cold bitches
    end of spoilers
    And I'm not sure if I want to read rest of the issue to find out what kind of context made this ok for Selina's character.

    At least Talia's part with this whole engagement business should hopefully be done with this issue. Like ripping off a bandaid. But I find myself increasingly worried about Selina considering she's in for the long haul. And whichever other woman King is planning to drag in.

  15. #45
    Fantastic Member Katana500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlcorDee View Post
    Ya. It happened with the Dd scenes in previous issue too. I'm not sure if I'm happy or not. I mean, on one hand, more batbros! But without rest of the context... I know I complain about King tumblr'ing Robins a lot but maybe I should be more concerned with his handling of women in Bruce's life. I mean,
    spoilers:
    I just saw Selina brag to a kid about hurting his mom, even if we're talking about the al Ghuls who are all around stone cold bitches
    end of spoilers
    And I'm not sure if I want to read rest of the issue to find out what kind of context made this ok for Selina's character.

    At least Talia's part with this whole engagement business should hopefully be done with this issue. Like ripping off a bandaid. But I find myself increasingly worried about Selina considering she's in for the long haul. And whichever other woman King is planning to drag in.
    I saw the pages too! I really liked it actually

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •