Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Whedon was given an impossible task and that the movie is actually watchable is a monumental success. Justice League's biggest problems are that they didn't give it the foundation it needed, the time it needed (both in length and in development), or the director it needed.

If they wanted to compete with Avengers, they aren't gonna do it with Zack Snyder's vision, a <2 hour run-time, or when it also needs to introduce and establish half the cast.
    I agree that JL has plenty of problems that predate and go well beyond Whedon. But, many of the Whedon "jokes" and such aren't very good either.

Edit - Without knowing exactly who did what, nor having another version of the movie to compare it to, it's hard to give him, or anyone else, a final grade. I agree that it seems unfair to just throw Whedon under the bus and give him all the blame. I'm just saying that he has his own faults, too.
    Last edited by Awonder; Yesterday at 06:38 PM.

Interesting. So a 41% increase in box office from Monday to Tuesday, the largest such jump on a Thanksgiving week in a decade.

Maybe word of mouth is helping out (since most of the folks I know who saw it liked it and recommended it). I find it really interesting how great the difference is between the RT critics score (41% now) and the general audience score (84-85%). Seems the public that's seen it really enjoyed it.

It may get the groundswell of support that Wonder Woman experienced during the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Interesting. So a 41% increase in box office from Monday to Tuesday, the largest such jump on a Thanksgiving week in a decade.

Maybe word of mouth is helping out (since most of the folks I know who saw it liked it and recommended it). I find it really interesting how great the difference is between the RT critics score (41% now) and the general audience score (84-85%). Seems the public that's seen it really enjoyed it.

It may get the groundswell of support that Wonder Woman experienced during the summer.
    Let's hope so.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    IMHO MoS looked way better than BvS and JL. Not sure if it's the washed out, dark, bleak tone of the latter two movies. I mean, even the day shots with full sunlight looked overcast.
    Yeah im more talking fx and things looking finished.

WB puts the breaks on that rumor fast.

http://collider.com/joss-whedon-dire...atgirl-rumors/

It still has to face it's greatest foe tomorrow. Coco!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    WB puts the breaks on that rumor fast.

http://collider.com/joss-whedon-dire...atgirl-rumors/

It still has to face it's greatest foe tomorrow. Coco!
    It's a different demographic tho right? No dout it's going to kill at the box office but I don't think it's going to eat up to much of jl profit I mean I'm sure it's still going to have a drop but I don't think Coco is going to have a lot to do with it.
    Last edited by choptop; Yesterday at 09:34 PM.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

I don't think Snyder or Joss is the problem really. A lot of problems with DC comes from the top down at WB.. I personally blame Kevin Tsujihara

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Well, now that everyone else has had their say, here's my lengthy but largely spoiler-free review. Check it out here if youre interested.

If nothing else, I do think it's an interesting film to discuss.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.