Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Lowballing? Disney has been putting movies out at thanksgiving for years. WB knew that when they put jl there. That's on them. Still this was DC's avengers. It should have been a blockbuster.
    It certainly doesn't help that they sank $300M into making it.

I mean seriously? Did people learn NOTHING from movies like Cleopatra? Apparently not.

MARVEL only took $236M in 2017 dollars to make the Avengers. AND the movie runs for 25 minutes longer than Justice League. But WB continues to believe they can bump up profits by hacking out 30 minutes of story, in order to make shorter movies that can show a couple of extra sessions a day.

It's not how many sessions you run. guys, it's how many people want to buy tickets.

Wonder Woman ran for 20 minutes longer than this, cost half as much to make, and is going to bury it for box office profits.
    Last edited by brettc1; Today at 06:42 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Funny that you mentioned AOU. Cause this is what JL kinda reminds me of. My biggest complaint with these movies now is the massive use of CGI but not so much during the action scenes I sort of get that. But now villains like Steppenwolf and Ultron need to be complete CGI beings. Why? It didn't bother my wife so much and maybe she is use to it. But they don't have to make a villain like Ultron or Steppenwolf CGI. Maybe I am just naive.
    See i thought the CGI on both was believable. My problem was i didnt like Ultron personality changes and Steppenwolf was boring , personality wise and visualy. But i do think if a character is gonna be all CGI you need to get him tons of personality. I do think its going too far when like a simple corn feild on a farm appears to be CGI. So i hope MCU and DCEI both dont become to dependent on CGI. Movies like GOTG/Black Panther/Aquaman/Green Lanrern Corps are exceptions. They require the CGI to really create these worlds. Though i am worried about Black Panthern going overboard. The trailers look good to me but i do notice an insane amount of CGI. Guess ill have to wait and see

Oh more good points. Hmm another cbm movie making avengers money? I suppose its possible but yea I agree not probable. It would have to be really something special.
    Avengrs was that spectacle that everyone wanted to see. Now its been done it hard to top that. I thought Jutsice League had a chance and now Infinity War is bringing the whole MCU together. Those two are the only things atm that can Equal Avengers spectacle imo. JL didnt go too well, only time will tell for Infinity war.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    See i thought the CGI on both was believable. My problem was i didnt like Ultron personality changes and Steppenwolf was boring , personality wise and visualy. But i do think if a character is gonna be all CGI you need to get him tons of personality. I do think its going too far when like a simple corn feild on a farm appears to be CGI. So i hope MCU and DCEI both dont become to dependent on CGI. Movies like GOTG/Black Panther/Aquaman/Green Lanrern Corps are exceptions. They require the CGI to really create these worlds. Though i am worried about Black Panthern going overboard. The trailers look good to me but i do notice an insane amount of CGI. Guess ill have to wait and see
    Huh. Can see Aquaman and Green Lantern But do you really think a Black Panther movie needs a lot of CGI? Maybe I am out of touch but I always thought he was one of the more grounded characters of the MCU. I think its easy to rely on CGI and not build location sets. I think thats sort of the problem. Maybe its cheaper to I don't know.

Huh. Can see Aquaman and Green Lantern But do you really think a Black Panther movie needs a lot of CGI? Maybe I am out of touch but I always thought he was one of the more grounded characters of the MCU. I think its easy to rely on CGI and not build location sets. I think thats sort of the problem. Maybe its cheaper to I don't know.
    Well its just not exotic ita futuristic. You can do that praticaly but only to a certain extent. They got flying cars and huge exptic skyscrapers. Inside can be sets but you can build the outside of wakanda. I assumen its like Asgard except maybe have few more actual sets. MCU pretty good about getting out and filming on location and just bringingn the green screen there. The space stuff is all sounds stages with green screens but the earth stuff is pretty good about filming in the actual world.. To an extent lol

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Speaking of CGI limitations, the only time in JUSTICE LEAGUE that I really had a problem with it was during some shots of the Chernobyl-like town...especially the external shots of the cooling tower and the buildings and trees around it. Surely, in 2017, CGI can do better than that.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    I hope Aquaman doesn't drown at the box office. Hurry up, Patty. The fans need another Wonder Woman blockbuster to save DC's ass. Can she do it? Stay tuned.
    I know how to save Aquaman, just call the movie "Lobo" and have the Deadpool director do some reshoots.