Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 61
  1. #16
    Incredible Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Underneath the Brooklyn Bridge
    Posts
    661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M L A View Post
    Buzzfeed's news section is good.

    They use the clickbait to fund the news part.
    Not to derail the thread, but no, compared to the quality of the majority of news reporting websites, Buzzfeed is farcical. it's absurdly pandering, and it reads like it's target audience are caterpillars.
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 11-10-2017 at 09:45 PM.

  2. #17
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Yikes!!!!

    They've should fired him a long time ago. But I don't know the whole behind the scene things at DC so there's that.

  3. #18
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    What if he's the reason Stranger Things is not airing on CW because the creators don't like the fact someone like him was working for DC.
    OK, now this part is completely ridiculous. Leaving aside the fact that the creators were never in the position to reject anyone and in fact signed up for the first ones that had them, what would they have to do with Berganza?

    How would this imaginary conversation even go?
    "You know what? We shouldn't take our show, the one that has been rejected by all the networks to the CW, because some guy who edit's Superman for DC Comics is a sexual harasser."

    "What's that? Did I hear that right? You want us to not go to a network because some guy who doesn't even work there and who at best has even a tangential connection to anything they do is a sexual harasser? You think we should take it to Netflix instead where guys like Kevin Spacey and Danny Masterson are fully protected and covered up for?"

    "Right. That's what I said."

    "Huh, when you put it like that, I guess that's what we'll do."

  4. #19
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tec15 View Post
    OK, now this part is completely ridiculous. Leaving aside the fact that the creators were never in the position to reject anyone and in fact signed up for the first ones that had them, what would they have to do with Berganza?
    No it's NOT ridiculous.

    See the point is-not so much Eddie but if He is allowed to do all that nonsense-who ELSE is allowed to do the same or worst.

    It's what we are seeing else where. It's not just one guy but MANY doing it.

    Because why would I let one do it and not others?

  5. #20
    Incredible Member WontonGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    902

    Default

    Things are shaking up.

  6. #21
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Things are shaking up.
    How?

    So far, it's just another of those periodic spurts where people get their knickers in a twist over past inappropriate behavior by Berganza and past actions taken by DC to deal with those charges.

    Unless DC actually fires Berganza, what will be any different?

    And can DC legally fire Berganza without any consequences if DC already punished / took action against Berganza (without actually firing him) for those same types of complaints several years ago?

  7. #22
    Astonishing Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,167

    Default

    I believe WontonGirl might have been referring to Rafael Albuquerque urging DC to "do the right thing" on twitter.

    And I don't think they can legally fire him with no consequences after already punishing him either, unless there was another incident after the last one.
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-11-2017 at 06:53 PM.

  8. #23
    Reader of Stuff Hilden B. Lade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one
    Posts
    1,666

    Default

    https://twitter.com/graemem/status/929521534829412353

    According to this tweet, Berganza has just been suspended and taken off the Superman books.

    (Steve Orlando, the current Supergirl writer, rt'ed this into my timeline)

  9. #24
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    24,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    https://twitter.com/graemem/status/929521534829412353

    According to this tweet, Berganza has just been suspended and taken off the Superman books.

    (Steve Orlando, the current Supergirl writer, rt'ed this into my timeline)
    It sounds like a start at least.

  10. #25
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    https://twitter.com/graemem/status/929521534829412353

    According to this tweet, Berganza has just been suspended and taken off the Superman books.

    (Steve Orlando, the current Supergirl writer, rt'ed this into my timeline)
    Finally the wheels are in motion.

  11. #26
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    No it's NOT ridiculous.

    See the point is-not so much Eddie but if He is allowed to do all that nonsense-who ELSE is allowed to do the same or worst.

    It's what we are seeing else where. It's not just one guy but MANY doing it.

    Because why would I let one do it and not others?
    Your argument is still ridiculous because the CW doesn't have anything to do with Berganza and Stranger Things ultimately aired on a service which let the likes of Kevin Spacey and Danny Masterson and more run amuck. Try to keep things in perspective.

  12. #27
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Not being forced to read the threads, but it's all going to be page after page of people repeating the same things they've said every time stories like these concerning Berganza's past behavior get threads.
    Page after page of things you can choose to not read.

  13. #28
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I believe WontonGirl might have been referring to Rafael Albuquerque urging DC to "do the right thing" on twitter.

    And I don't think they can legally fire him with no consequences after already punishing him either, unless there was another incident after the last one.
    Not quite sure if moving him to another office really constitutes as punishment. If I remember correctly, the last time this came up, Berganza was reportedly simply isolated work-wise within the Superman-office but could otherwise carry on.

    Considering the severity of what he's done, they probably could sack him because on top of everything else he is now a PR issue for the company. Also, isn't it only in criminal courts that you can't be punished twice for the same offence?
    The biggest problem in doing so is that he is a group-editor, he's the guy who is generally responsible for the oversight of a number of books and making sure they are all going in the direction DC wants them to... so firing him from one day to the next would be like pushing the driver out of a moving car.

  14. #29
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SignorMiracolo View Post
    Page after page of things you can choose to not read.
    Well, if it helps any, you can ignore my posts.

  15. #30
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    The biggest problem in doing so is that he is a group-editor, he's the guy who is generally responsible for the oversight of a number of books and making sure they are all going in the direction DC wants them to... so firing him from one day to the next would be like pushing the driver out of a moving car.
    Other than his connections to guys like Johns, Jimenez or Loeb, he is really not much of an editor. The only thing he is pretty much known for is using interconnected crossovers that runs throughout the superbooks like during the MoA run and during the post-Convergence Pak/Yang runs. Oh and also being the protege of Kevin Dooley (the guy who helped screw up GL with Emerald Twilight). If they get rid of him, there is pretty much no downside since as a group editor he doesn't have that skill of getting the best out of his writers/artists that guys like Tomasi/Raspler/Doyle has and isn't that good with the logistical side either like with all the fill-in art in Infinite Crisis or the bigger art problems with Final Crisis.

    The only question is if the guy they replace with is worse and that is a crapshot imo.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 11-12-2017 at 09:09 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •