Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 104
  1. #76
    Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)
    Posts
    1,771

    Default

    Depending on how the situation in Spectacular plays out, it might be remembered. I doubt it won't be a bait and switch though.

    Spider-Verse has at least impacted things a lot, considering its been adapted in comics and video games. Also the general premise of having a group of Spider characters seems to be inspired by Spider-Verse.

    Superior Spider-Man will probably be the most remembered considering the internet rage. The character's also made the jump into video games. I can see it being adapted into a movie honestly.

    Clone Conspiracy and Venom Inc probably not remembered fondly. Parker Industries not sure about.
    Amazing Spider-Man, Scarlet Spider, and All New Guardians of The Galaxy. I can't stay away from single issues.

  2. #77
    Astonishing Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Superior Spider-Man will probably be the most remembered considering the internet rage. The character's also made the jump into video games. I can see it being adapted into a movie honestly.
    "Angels and ministers of grace preserve us." (Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  3. #78
    World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Depending on how the situation in Spectacular plays out, it might be remembered. I doubt it won't be a bait and switch though.

    Spider-Verse has at least impacted things a lot, considering its been adapted in comics and video games. Also the general premise of having a group of Spider characters seems to be inspired by Spider-Verse.

    Superior Spider-Man will probably be the most remembered considering the internet rage. The character's also made the jump into video games. I can see it being adapted into a movie honestly.

    Clone Conspiracy and Venom Inc probably not remembered fondly. Parker Industries not sure about.
    I think Spider-Verse, and Superior Spider-Man will be best remembered. Parker Industries will probably be remembered to the same point as something like Cosmic Spider-Man, relatively well known but not everyone knows about it. I don't think anyone will remember Clone Conspiracy or Venom Inc (though it is too early to tell for the latter).

  4. #79
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    410

    Default

    I agree with you about parker Industries, at best it’ll be a bizarre little story half remembered, but best left forgotten like cosmic Spider-Man.

    I’m curious as to what genuine surprises happened from the 00s and 10s. Apart from May finding out Peter is Spider-Man, I can’t think of any

  5. #80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RD! View Post
    I agree with you about parker Industries, at best it’ll be a bizarre little story half remembered, but best left forgotten like cosmic Spider-Man.

    I’m curious as to what genuine surprises happened from the 00s and 10s. Apart from May finding out Peter is Spider-Man, I can’t think of any
    Freak taking a break in the middle of a fight to smoke crack was a genuine surprise.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

  6. #81
    Loony Scott Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Running Springs, California
    Posts
    3,027

    Default

    I keep thinking of Morrison and his Black Casebook, with regard to Batman.

    If its been published, someone out there will have thought it was cool and will eventually bring it back. The generation that grew up in the 1990s has already had a big influence on current comics they are writing. It was getting practically Liefeldish out there for a bit. When the generation of the 2000s and 2010s gets to writing comics, we'll see this stuff come back.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

  7. #82
    Mighty Member whiteshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    For sure:

    Mister Negative.
    Gauntlet.
    Agent Venom(Flash)
    Spider Island.
    Spider Verse.
    Superior Spider-Man.
    Miles Morales.
    Spider Gwen.
    Parker industries.
    Mockinbird being in the Spider-Man stories.

    More than probably but i am not sure:

    Clone Conspiracy.It was a well writen storyline that was a intriguing sub plot during Parker Industries,and was a storyline that had characters returing as clones (As Dr.Ashley Kafka) but at the same time is a story that have some similiar narrative beats as the Clone Saga.
    Superior Foes of Spider-Man.A original and well recieved series spining from Superior Spider-Man:1.Such a series with that quality in writing and art should be something that have a impact in decades now.But then again not all the times good comic books that for whatever reason did not got good sales are always remembered.

    Maybe:

    Anti Venom.
    Overdrive.
    Amazing Spider-Man:600 and 700.Centenary issues are always epic,but #600 and #700 are similiar and have the same main antagonist,plus they develop in other story arcs(especially issue #700)
    Unsheduled Stop.

    I am sure i forgot more examples of recent comics that will have an impact in decades from now.

  8. #83
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Someplace thats not here
    Posts
    1,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RD! View Post
    I agree with you about parker Industries, at best it’ll be a bizarre little story half remembered, but best left forgotten like cosmic Spider-Man.

    I’m curious as to what genuine surprises happened from the 00s and 10s. Apart from May finding out Peter is Spider-Man, I can’t think of any
    I think there were plenty of surprises during that time period.
    I dont know if you were on message boards back then but people were plenty surprised that there was a spiritual connection with the spider powers. Then there are stuff like him officially and pretty permantly joining the avengers, the unmasking and I would argue that OMD and the deal made in that was plenty surprising. If someone had told fans in the late 80s after the marrige issue that this would last until they made a deal with pretty much the devil himself then noone would have belived you.

    Oh and Sins past. I doubt I was alone in being surprised we had to see Norman’s “happy face”.

  9. #84

    Default

    Flash's lost limbs and Harry's second son will probably be a part of the comics going forward.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

  10. #85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    Well now that you have tried to change the discussion almost completely this is a different talk.
    Still that does not change the fact that this was not what you were arguing earlier.
    Again quite a few flaws with your idea here.
    First of all: Miles counts and has had a lot more exposure then either Ben or Kaine and has his own upcoming movie.

    Also there are plenty of support for other stories being the best from the last decade then just Spider- verse.
    If you really think it is that it stands alone as being a fan favorite you are dead wrong.

    Also despite your disaprovel Ultimate Spider-man was hugely popular and succesful with the audience it was going for: kids.
    Despite a show like spectacular, in my opinion, being a vastly better show Ultimate did great with its audience.

    If given the choice I will take the best of the 90s over the last decade but I would in no way shape or form that the worst from the 90s over the last decade. With the exception of OMD there is no story I disliked as much as a lot of the worst of the 90s.
    I will also take a whole lot of the art/artists from the last decade over a whole lot of 90s.
    Miles is more of a pandering gimmick than a character, but I agree that he'll likely still be around in 20 years.

    What stories from the past decade do you believe are better than the best stories of the 90's?

    Every Spider-Man cartoon has been successful. Because it's Spider-Man. But that doesn't speak to the actual quality of the show.

    I compared the decades as a whole, not piecemeal. The lows of the 90's were really low. But the highs were pretty high, as well. The past decade may be more balanced, but "balanced" does not equal "memorable."

  11. #86
    Astonishing Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    Miles is more of a pandering gimmick than a character, but I agree that he'll likely still be around in 20 years.
    I don't know. Personally, I think Miles has been an extremely bland character in terms of personality. The concept of a replacement Spider-Man doesn't work in and of itself, given that Spider-Man is about Peter Parker. However, if you were to make a replacement Spider-Man, Miles was a fair way to do it (regardless of how clunky the origin story was) and a lot of the stories themselves after that were pretty good. So, it would stand to reason that with an author who makes the character interesting and comes up with good stories could make the character work well.

    (Long story short, while I think the premise of Miles is kind of ill-fitting within the franchise he was created for, the character is not a pandering gimmick.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    What stories from the past decade do you believe are better than the best stories of the 90's?
    Brian Michael Bendis's first 133 issue-run on Ultimate Spider-Man is easily the best comic Marvel has had in recent memory.
    Last edited by WebLurker; 11-18-2017 at 07:57 PM.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  12. #87
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Someplace thats not here
    Posts
    1,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    Miles is more of a pandering gimmick than a character, but I agree that he'll likely still be around in 20 years.
    No he is really not. That is just someone with a hate on would say.

    What stories from the past decade do you believe are better than the best stories of the 90's?

    Did you even read I what I wrote? I said I would take the best of the 90s over the best of the last decade. Its really like you did not even read my post.

    Every Spider-Man cartoon has been successful. Because it's Spider-Man. But that doesn't speak to the actual quality of the show.
    Factually wrong to say there are all equally succesfull. As I said for the company and plenty of younger viewers, including my younger cousins, Ultimate was a much better show because it was “funny”. Just because it might not be my or your taste does not mean it was not a lot more succesfull then several shows before it like Unlimited and the movie tie in one.
    I compared the decades as a whole, not piecemeal. The lows of the 90's were really low. But the highs were pretty high, as well. The past decade may be more balanced, but "balanced" does not equal "memorable."[/QUOTE]
    No but the fact that you dont like the last decade worth of stories does not equal “not memorable” either. Plenty of examples have been given why your statement from viewpoint from earlier is extremely flawed.

  13. #88
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Someplace thats not here
    Posts
    1,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I don't know. Personally, I think Miles has been an extremely bland character in terms of personality. The concept of a replacement Spider-Man doesn't work in and of itself, given that Spider-Man is about Peter Parker. However, if you were to make a replacement Spider-Man, Miles was a fair way to do it (regardless of how clunky the origin story was) and a lot of the stories themselves after that were pretty good. So, it would stand to reason that with an author who makes the character interesting and comes up with good stories could make the character work well.

    (Long story short, while I think the premise of Miles is kind of ill-fitting within the franchise he was created for, the character is not a pandering gimmick.)



    Brian Michael Bendis's first 133 issue-run on Ultimate Spider-Man is easily the best comic Marvel has had in recent memory.
    Although to be fair most of those 133 issues are not from the last decade. And none of them are from the 2010s as far as I can recall. If its from the post 90s in general I will take most of early JMS before the vast majority of the 90s.

  14. #89
    Astonishing Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    Although to be fair most of those 133 issues are not from the last decade. And none of them are from the 2010s as far as I can recall. If its from the post 90s in general I will take most of early JMS before the vast majority of the 90s.
    Fair point. Personally, I think that that Vol. 1 was the truly great part of the series. The post-Ultimatum Peter Parker stuff was a significant drop but still good and the Miles stuff was further down the totem pole if still good for its premise (although I think that the Ultimate Miles run also suffered a lot from being hijacked by events, so it never really had the chance to find its own voice like Ultimate Vol. 1 did).

    Mileage will always vary, of course.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  15. #90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    No he is really not. That is just someone with a hate on would say.

    What stories from the past decade do you believe are better than the best stories of the 90's?

    Did you even read I what I wrote? I said I would take the best of the 90s over the best of the last decade. Its really like you did not even read my post.

    Every Spider-Man cartoon has been successful. Because it's Spider-Man. But that doesn't speak to the actual quality of the show.
    Factually wrong to say there are all equally succesfull. As I said for the company and plenty of younger viewers, including my younger cousins, Ultimate was a much better show because it was “funny”. Just because it might not be my or your taste does not mean it was not a lot more succesfull then several shows before it like Unlimited and the movie tie in one.
    I compared the decades as a whole, not piecemeal. The lows of the 90's were really low. But the highs were pretty high, as well. The past decade may be more balanced, but "balanced" does not equal "memorable."
    No but the fact that you dont like the last decade worth of stories does not equal “not memorable” either. Plenty of examples have been given why your statement from viewpoint from earlier is extremely flawed. [/QUOTE]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    No he is really not. That is just someone with a hate on would say.

    What stories from the past decade do you believe are better than the best stories of the 90's?

    Did you even read I what I wrote? I said I would take the best of the 90s over the best of the last decade. Its really like you did not even read my post.

    Every Spider-Man cartoon has been successful. Because it's Spider-Man. But that doesn't speak to the actual quality of the show.
    Factually wrong to say there are all equally succesfull. As I said for the company and plenty of younger viewers, including my younger cousins, Ultimate was a much better show because it was “funny”. Just because it might not be my or your taste does not mean it was not a lot more succesfull then several shows before it like Unlimited and the movie tie in one.
    I compared the decades as a whole, not piecemeal. The lows of the 90's were really low. But the highs were pretty high, as well. The past decade may be more balanced, but "balanced" does not equal "memorable."
    No but the fact that you dont like the last decade worth of stories does not equal “not memorable” either. Plenty of examples have been given why your statement from viewpoint from earlier is extremely flawed. [/QUOTE]

    Miles was created strictly so that there would be a black/hispanic Spider-Man. That is the very definition of pandering.

    My argument was always entire decade vs. entire decade. You can't change the criteria to suit your needs.

    I didn't say they were all equally successful. I said they were all successful. Again, you're creating a straw man to try to make your point. And using an insanely small sample size as an example does not help your argument. I know plenty of younger viewers who think the show was garbage. What did YOU think of the show? Was it as good or popular as the 90's show?

    It is my opinion that no stories from the past decade will be as popular or memorable as the aforementioned stories from the 90's. Neither of us can yet prove otherwise, but I fully stand behind my opinion.
    Last edited by Scarlet Spider-Man; 11-19-2017 at 07:34 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •