All-New Member

Default Child Friendly Black Panther Comics

My sister and her husband have adopted a child from Africa. He really loves Marvel super heroes, but he has really only ever seen white super heroes. I would love to introduce him to Black Panther so that he can see there are heroes that look like him as well. My main problem is that I'm having trouble finding panther comics that are for young children. If anyone could help me find a Black Panther focused storyline or series that is targeted toward younger children I would be very grateful. (Also, bonus points if you can point me towards other children's comics with black protagonists. I'm already familiar with the major ones such as Luke Cage, Falcon, Green Lantern John Stewart.)

Thank you for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Veloctophin View Post
    My sister and her husband have adopted a child from Africa. He really loves Marvel super heroes, but he has really only ever seen white super heroes. I would love to introduce him to Black Panther so that he can see there are heroes that look like him as well. My main problem is that I'm having trouble finding panther comics that are for young children. If anyone could help me find a Black Panther focused storyline or series that is targeted toward younger children I would be very grateful. (Also, bonus points if you can point me towards other children's comics with black protagonists. I'm already familiar with the major ones such as Luke Cage, Falcon, Green Lantern John Stewart.)

Thank you for the help!
    How old is the youngster?

I can't think of any child friendly BP books but Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur, is an all ages book so you can't go wrong there.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

Is the Kirby stuff collected? That's probably the closest I can think of. The True Believers Kirby reprint of the first issue might still be available in some shops to get an idea of what it's like.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Is the Kirby stuff collected? That's probably the closest I can think of. The True Believers Kirby reprint of the first issue might still be available in some shops to get an idea of what it's like.
    I could kick myself for not remembering this.

Good call Capcleghorn.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

I was just about to say the earlier Kirby stuff would work.

Maybe Miles Spiderman but I'm not sure since I have only read a few issues of it.
    Come visit this thread to cast your vote: http://community.comicbookresources....Marvel-Climate

PLEASE READ RULES BEFORE YOU COMMENT ! Thank You

I'm pretty sure there's a young adult novel about Black Panther - not sure if it's out yet or not.

-Pav, who will try to find the tweet he saw about it...
    2017 Marvel Monthly Buys: America Ben Reilly: the Scarlet Spider Iron Fist Iron Fists Runaways Silver Surfer Spider-Gwen

Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my middle school students! DM for details

Thank you for the help!
    You might be interested in Generation X. It's a teen X-team with a very diverse cast that was published back in the 90's by Marvel. Stick to the early issues as the writing goes downhill near the end of the run. I think they will like Synch(Everett Thomas).

Moon Girl is also a good recommendation.
    Fan Fiction at its' best! Join Us At Age Of Marvels!

There was the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes tie-in comic that featured stories canon to the cartoon.

It wasn't Black Panther focused but he was in it and I recall a few good moments with him there, as well as a fun story where he and Hawkeye teamed-up to capture Whiplash.

Thank you for the help!
    Marvel is putting out a collection of all-ages stories featuring the character called Black Panther Digest, seemingly to address the need you mentioned. Barnes and Noble and Amazon both have it up for pre-order.
    https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/bla...=9781302910341
    https://www.amazon.com/Black-Panther...=black+panther

(W) Jeff Parker, Marc Sumerak, Roy Thomas, Christopher Yost, Elliott Kalan (A) Manuel Garcia, Ig Guara, John Buscema, Patrick Scherberger, Christopher Jones
    It's action of the highest order as the Black Panther leaps into blockbuster adventures!
    PERFECT FOR ALL AGES!
    • An international incident explodes when the Fantastic Four intercepts a shipment of Vibranium - the uncanny metal found only in T'Challa's homeland. Will the FF feel the Panther's wrath?
    • Then, the Avengers take a Wakanda wild side as they're caught between T'Challa and Sabretooth!
    • Reluctant allies Hawkeye and Black Panther have trust issues, while T'Challa and Hulk must find a way to work together to stop Hydra's Madbomb!
    • In classic tales from Avengers history, T'Challa battles the Man-Ape and joins the team.
    Collecting MARVEL ADVENTURES FANTASTIC FOUR #10, MARVEL ADVENTURES THE AVENGERS #22, AVENGERS (1963) #52 and #62, and material from AVENGERS: EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HEROES (2010) #1 and MARVEL UNIVERSE AVENGERS: EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HEROES #8.
    All Ages
    In Shops: Jan 03, 2018
    Hope this helps.