Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I did hear an interview with a professional where they noted that single issue sales are not the be all, end all of whether a series is canceled or not.

Not hard to believe but it seems like Marvel has been giving a lot of these lower selling books quite a bit of leeway here lately because even a year ago you weren't seeing books dipping well below 20k allowed to just kind of linger or pump out one final arc.

Not a complaint mind you but to me it's not typical of Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which Mysterio ?
    as an aside- i really liked his redesign from those days
    troo fan or death

Good to see Amazing Spider-Man at third place,ahead of the Batman ongoings.
    About the second issue of the month of ASM being at 33 th place,that can be explained by the way LCS order comics,from what i know if there is two editions of the same comic book in a month,LCS will order more of the first one of the month and less copies from the second issue.This way they will have copies to people that want the comic book but will not risk ordering too much of the second issue because LCS dont know how the series will sell in the second issue of the month.And if there is a demand for more copies of the second issue of the month ,LCS will re-order the next month or get copies from a second printing.(Many times i went to get a comic book in a LCS,and they did not have the comic book,but after one month the comic book i was looking for was then available,sometimes it being a second or third printing)
    So i think in the next months,Amazing Spider-Man sales will stabilize between the sales of the first issue and the second issue of the month of October 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Good to see Amazing Spider-Man at third place,ahead of the Batman ongoings.
    About the second issue of the month of ASM being at 33 th place,that can be explained by the way LCS order comics,from what i know if there is two editions of the same comic book in a month,LCS will order more of the first one of the month and less copies from the second issue.This way they will have copies to people that want the comic book but will not risk ordering too much of the second issue because LCS dont know how the series will sell in the second issue of the month.And if there is a demand for more copies of the second issue of the month ,LCS will re-order the next month or get copies from a second printing.(Many times i went to get a comic book in a LCS,and they did not have the comic book,but after one month the comic book i was looking for was then available,sometimes it being a second or third printing)
    So i think in the next months,Amazing Spider-Man sales will stabilize between the sales of the first issue and the second issue of the month of October 2017.
    ASM #789 is the first issue of its Legacy tie-in. So it got a boost from that. #790 dropped back to "normal" numbers for ASM. (Other Legacy titles, as well as DC Metal tie-ins also made the charts, so ASM #790 looks lower than it usually does.)

ASM is still, on average, below Batman.

Well, in looking over the latest sales estimates when writing about the Top 20, I think October's numbers for Amazing Spider-Man serve as a very strong indicator for how "well" Marvel Legacy is going to do over the next couple of months. DC Rebirth is certainly is not.

Number Crunching: The top 20 comics sales estimates for October 2017
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow!
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Well, in looking over the latest sales estimates when writing about the Top 20, I think October's numbers for Amazing Spider-Man serve as a very strong indicator for how "well" Marvel Legacy is going to do over the next couple of months. DC Rebirth is certainly is not.

Number Crunching: The top 20 comics sales estimates for October 2017
    Not hard to see why they haven't seen a huge change in sales;

'Odinson' isn't Thor
    Bruce Banner isn't back
    Tony Stark isn't back
    Wolverine is back but AWOL
    Peter isn't a billionaire any more, but he still acts like too much of a d-bag

The stories are the same as they were before Legacy, so the sales won't change. Just about the only character who has undergone any serious change in Legacy is Deadpool.
    Currently enjoying:
    Daredevil ~ Incredible Hulk ~ Old Man Logan

Currently anticipating:
    Avengers: No Surrender ~ Two-In-One

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Not hard to see why they haven't seen a huge change in sales;

'Odinson' isn't Thor
    Bruce Banner isn't back
    Tony Stark isn't back
    Wolverine is back but AWOL
    Peter isn't a billionaire any more, but he still acts like too much of a d-bag

The stories are the same as they were before Legacy, so the sales won't change. Just about the only character who has undergone any serious change in Legacy is Deadpool.
    Legacy is essentially just the journey to the classics coming back, so not much is different other then a slow rollout of older heroes coming back which will probably all coincide with Marvel's next inevitable re-branding.